GDT: Leafs @ Habs - HNIC - 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Why is Nick Robertson still a leaf

We dont trust him like a top 6 LT piece. Hes in the AHL and wont play in the playoffs by the looks of it

He has been as good aa knies most of the year despite lesser role but has no future with the team

He should have been dealt for a 2nd and 3rd

Recouping picks would have been nice for a asset we aren't going to be keeping/using
He’s 22, has been progressing nicely recently, and his RFA deal should be dirt cheap. We need quality, inexpensive players, especially next year when Matty and Willy’s raises kick in, but JT is still on the books.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Interesting Benoit is coming out of the lineup for Edmundson. The battle for the 5 and 6 spots could be between those 2 and Lilly. Despite Lilly's game being in a bad place right now, he's still in the mix. He still has a chance to rectify this.

it is possible that having an in your face big d-man next to lily might benefit his game especially when games get physical.

And also very possible that Lily may learn a few tricks from Edmundson in terms of playing nasty and playing body that will only improve his game as it will add more attributes to him and will be an overall net positive for the team

Selfishly I assume its not a bad thing that Lily's game has dropped a bit given he is an RFA after the season so the contract might be cheaper than Sandin if Leafs decide to go that route

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
He’s 22, has been progressing nicely recently, and his RFA deal should be dirt cheap. We need quality, inexpensive players, especially next year when Matty and Willy’s raises kick in, but JT is still on the books.
Robertson just has a habit of being good for a few games and scoring then completely disappearing for several games. He needs to be more consistent but he has big league shooting ability.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That can explain the leafs perspective

Im still unsure why Robertson has confidence in this team/coaching staff to properly utilize him going forward

Good for us hes patient and not asking out. Most players in his situation would ask for a deal to a lower ranked team with more opportunities and chance to put up numbers increasing his earnings

Glad he is like this, Sandin got fed up and wanted out. Would have thought he would be done with the team after his D+5 still not getting a regular spot on the team despite being solid in limited role and being cheap

Hopefully next year is the one we find a proper spot for him and give him the chance to be a top 6 forward

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Uh . . . ok . . .
Marner's out, but that seems like a very arbitrary reason to absolutely put everything into a blender with 2 new guys coming in. Yikes!

Not sure if this is the way to introduce new players in the lineup. Very odd.

8in8zf.jpg

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I've always thought the smartest thing would be for them to keep their gloves on when they punch. 1. Likely no knockouts 2. No broken hands.
It would be devastating some gloves are pretty hard, made of hard plastic or Kevlar. Not at all like boxing gloves. Besides it’s against the rules to wear gloves while fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad