Proposal: Leafs/ducks

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Oh Boy, Absolutely zero chance Ducks go for this. Apologies. To get Lindholm we'd be adding to Rielly, something significant as well; Additionally Lindholm doesnt just have top line potential, he is a top pair dman currently....JVR's value would be much closer to a guy like Theodore imo, even then something is likely being added.

terrible proposal no doubt...but come on!
Theodore = JVR +? that is insane. JVR just made the US world cup team. Theodore is a prospect who has developed well, but doesnt exactly scream top pairing guy. the leafs would laugh as much at that as the ducks would about a jvr for lindholm proposal

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
JVR (50% retained, 55-60 point player at 2.25M for 2 years) + 2017 2nd + Brown + Carrick

For

Lindholm + Thompson + Stoner

This is assuming the Ducks and Hampus are unable to reach a new deal

id pass on this as a leafs fan. lindholm isnt worth JVR,Brown,Carrick, pick 31-35 and unloading a couple bad contracts.

No chance the leafs move Brown or Carrick before seeing what they can do in the NHL. both these guys have put up elite production in the AHL and are very young

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
JVR (50% retained)
Leipsic
Loov
3rd

For

Theordore
Ritchie
1st

That is bad for ducks, they give up thing that dont need to be protected and get 3 things that needs to be protected. You want Theodore, offer something you dont really want and dont need protection...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I just wish this would end.

agreed. lindholm isnt going anywhere, and leafs wouldnt pay the price needed to get him.

also all fowler to TO for Marner/Nylander + deals need to go away as well

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
agreed. lindholm isnt going anywhere, and leafs wouldnt pay the price needed to get him.

Wait, those have been a thing? I thought it was Fowler for JVR swaps that was a thing.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I wish my fellow leafs fan would start asking themselves "Would I trade Rielly for this?" before making proposals for Lindholm

Rainman2408

Jun 29, 2010
Muskoka
I wish my fellow leafs fan would start asking themselves "Would I trade Rielly for this?" before making proposals for Lindholm

In a heartbeat if we had to opperate 9mill below salary cap and had the depth on D that ducks have

Rielly is NO Duncan Kieth nor is Lindholm. Despite them both being overvalued by their respective clubs

In the real world neither have the value that they have on hf boards.. It's laughable really. Many here have them in Norris category which is the real joke. One day maybe. Maybe not too. My original thought was that sucks could absorb the loss while gaining cap relief and a perfect top line forward which is needed desperately if they truly want to compete for the cup. I didn't realize though that it's Lindholm carrying the team.. So it seems according to some posts.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
In a heartbeat if we had to opperate 9mill below salary cap and had the depth on D that ducks have

Rielly is NO Duncan Kieth nor is Lindholm. Despite them both being overvalued by their respective clubs

In the real world neither have the value that they have on hf boards.. It's laughable really. Many here have them in Norris category which is the real joke. One day maybe. Maybe not too. My original thought was that sucks could absorb the loss while gaining cap relief and a perfect top line forward which is needed desperately if they truly want to compete for the cup. I didn't realize though that it's Lindholm carrying the team.. So it seems according to some posts.
Ah yes, I see what is going on here.

Add Rielly to your original offer or stop making offers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Uh, yeah... funny you mention Duncan Keith. You might want to check on where he rated at 22 years old.

As for "real world" value, how many top pairing quality defensemen get traded at 22 years of age? It's a small number, and when they are traded there is usually some underlying reason that doesn't apply equally to all others. Teams don't trade players like that unless they have to. Occasionally, you might see a team trade one because they are very strong on their back end, and they can afford to.

And stop with your melodramatic nonsense. You're trying to defend your poor proposal with absurdity. You undervalued Lindholm quite severely, and now you're trying to dismiss it as all unearned hype and/or some shiny new toy syndrome. That can definitely apply to a lot of young players, but in the case of Lindholm he's already proving that his hype is justified. He isn't just some prospect now. He's an extremely talented young player who is showing that he can be an extremely talented NHL defenseman.

Rainman2408

Jun 29, 2010
Muskoka
I already admitted I may have underrated him. I said I wasn't overly familiar and only saw him in small doses and his stats. I didn't realize he was your biggest asset on D. Still think value isn't as far off as people are acting. Maybe though. Can clearly see there is no interest in moving him which is all I was wondering . Amazing how defensive y'all get. As I said earlier. Now that I have the opinion of people who see him more I look forward to seeing what this kid does

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Fair deal. I'd be hesitant to move JVR for a non right handed defender but I'd take a gamble on Lindholm amounting to something. He'd have to be sheltered by Rielly for a bit but I could see him ending up as a solid #2 if everything goes right.

Hahaha this is one of the best stand up comedy's I've ever heard

Oct 18, 2011
Lindholm isn't top pair material on any team in the league. If you are talking about Anahiem he was further down the depth chart behind Fowler and Vatanen.

If he's such a good defender why isn't he locked up long term yet? Why was Vatanen prioritized before him? Just stick to the facts. JVR is a proven commodity with pedegree and Lindholm hasn't shown much of anything.

this has to be a parody account

anyways, the only way the ducks listen is if mathews is on the table. even then i am not inclined to trade him it's just too hard to get a franchise dman and that's where he's trending

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Lindholm. Tor
Nylander + 2 seconds

Nope

JVR (50% retained)
Leipsic
Loov
3rd

For

Theordore
Ritchie
1st

Not trading our top forward prospect and top defenseman prospect and a 1st round pick. Have no interest in Loov we are set when it comes to defenseman prospects.

Fair deal. I'd be hesitant to move JVR for a non right handed defender but I'd take a gamble on Lindholm amounting to something. He'd have to be sheltered by Rielly for a bit but I could see him ending up as a solid #2 if everything goes right.

Lindholm isn't top pair material on any team in the league. If you are talking about Anahiem he was further down the depth chart behind Fowler and Vatanen.

If he's such a good defender why isn't he locked up long term yet? Why was Vatanen prioritized before him? Just stick to the facts. JVR is a proven commodity with pedegree and Lindholm hasn't shown much of anything.

Gambling on Lindholm amounting to something :shakehead he has already amounted to being a very good NHL defenseman that has handled the pressures of playing in big games in a big role on our top pair before. Lindholm needs no sheltering he is already a top pair quality defenseman.

He would be the Oilers top defenseman. He would play on the top pair with Ristolainen for the Sabres their fans really wanted him talking about offer sheeting him a lot before. He is a top pair defenseman on a number of other teams as well.

Why isn't Trouba locked up for the Jets? Just because someone hasn't been locked up yet doesn't mean they are not a good player all it means BOTH sides haven't come to a agreement yet.

So I guess Boll is a higher priority for the Ducks then Lindholm after all we signed him and Lindholm still hasn't been signed. Order of players being signed means nothing when it comes to priority.

This entire thing from you must be a joke.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
terrible proposal no doubt...but come on!
Theodore = JVR +? that is insane. JVR just made the US world cup team. Theodore is a prospect who has developed well, but doesnt exactly scream top pairing guy. the leafs would laugh as much at that as the ducks would about a jvr for lindholm proposal

Although, so did Justin Abdelkader

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Cept in the real world larrson got hall, 1 for 1 and lindholm is much better then larrson in every aspect of the game.

You comparing lindholm to keith, but why not compare him to 22 year old keith... or compare lindholm to the rest of the 22 and under dmen in the league and tell me where he ranks... cause it's prob top 3 if not #1.

Lindholm may not put up the offensive numbers to win a Norris in his career, though he does have an offensive upside...but defensively his numbers are great, and Norris caliber numbers. He reminds me most of vlasic from the sharks with a Lil more offensive kick. I'd rather hold on to lindholm not many things I'd consider moving him for 1 for 1 , nothing on the maple leafs

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
this has to be a parody account

anyways, the only way the ducks listen is if mathews is on the table. even then i am not inclined to trade him it's just too hard to get a franchise dman and that's where he's trending

Thanks for the laugh

Probably more franchise dmen around then there is centres, which is exactly what Matthews projects to be.

You're out to lunch

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Thanks for the laugh

Probably more franchise dmen around then there is centres, which is exactly what Matthews projects to be.

You're out to lunch

Matthe2ws would be the cost and even then I'd prob pass

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks for the laugh

You're out to lunch

nope not really, and thanks for proving my point, mathews may project to be a franchise center but he is still a total unknown. no reason for the ducks to even consider the leafs without him being on the table

mytduxfan*

Matthews LOL, Nylander yeah, Marner yeah, Marner + Rielly see Matthews. Lindholm may be better than Rielly but the difference isnt like Matthews Laine big. Maybe Rielly + Kapanen.

Agreed, Reilly is pretty underrated. If we're speaking strictly value, I'd say that Matthews for Lindholm is fair, no need for the additions. Personally, I would turn down anything short of Matthews to be honest. You don't move players as good as Lindholm for anything short of a legit, future elite #1C. Having said that, that deal makes no sense for TOR or ANA.

I have no doubt that Reilly will be a solid top pairing D-man for TOR. Unlike others in his draft class, he's legit.

Ducksgo*

All trades regarding Toronto and Anaheim needs to be done with in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad