Proposal: Leafs/ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Not trying to start an argument or anything but one of those three + Rielly? How is he considered valued so much more then Rielly even when Rielly's stats are better on the worst team in the league? I'm not overly familiar with Lindholm but I'm not totally ignorant either. I've seen enough of him to know he's not without faults (as expected for a young D) he has potential yes but he's no top 10 d in the league yet. I think you might overvalue him a bit. I don't know is he's any better now or in the future then Rielly but the difference is definitely not Marner or Nylander. Lol

It's for the same reason we won't trade Rielly unless it's a severe overpayment. D prices are through the roof and Lindholm is excellent.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Players ranked as highly as those 3 are in terms of prospects are expected to be great and fairly quickly. It would be unwise to move them this early. Those 3 still have lots of ELC time, while Lindholm is ready to demand a fairly large commitment.

I'd say Lindholm is in that same value tier with Jones and Larsson. JVR is certainly worth less than Hall/Johansen. But, he's also a big, first line winger on a cheap contract with plenty of time to make a decision on his long term future. There are also a couple good assets attached. Kapanen could be just as important as JVR long-term.

Do ducks really need more wingers? if they gonna trade Lindholm they want a guy who can be their next Getzlaf. So if Leafs wanna get Lindholm, Ducks will most likley point at Matthews or bust. Why do they want a winger that will point att Ladd, Okposo and Ericsson contracts when he hits FA in 2 years? Stop overvaluing your offers. You want premium, you pay premium... And I´m not even a Duck-fan...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Lindholm is going nowhere and trades about him are pointless

The JVR for Fowler thing has been done to death

This I could see as possible
Ducks need to move some salary (amazed we were not forced to take Stoner in the Andersen deal)and need cheap NHL ready forwards to fill out there roster

Despres for a couple of
Holland Froese (3rd 4th line centers )
Lievo Leipsig Rychel Hyman Greening (wingers)
Add in picks here and there to even up the value

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Do ducks really need more wingers? if they gonna trade Lindholm they want a guy who can be their next Getzlaf. So if Leafs wanna get Lindholm, Ducks will most likley point at Matthews or bust. Why do they want a winger that will point att Ladd, Okposo and Ericsson contracts when he hits FA in 2 years? Stop overvaluing your offers. You want premium, you pay premium... And I´m not even a Duck-fan...

They have Perry, Ritchie who's coming off a slow NHL start and Silfverberg who is more of a middle-6er. JVR would immediately be the team's 2nd best winger behind Perry. Kapanen the team's 3rd best prospect behind Ritchie and Theodore. Murray said they were looking for a left shot left wing for the top of the lineup at the start of the summer. That didn't exactly happen, unless you count the Raymond signing.

It could set-up this top-9 for a few years.

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Ritchie - Kesler - Kapanen
Cogliano - Rakell - Silfverberg

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
They have Perry, Ritchie who's coming off a slow NHL start and Silfverberg who is more of a middle-6er. JVR would immediately be the team's 2nd best winger behind Perry. Kapanen the team's 3rd best prospect behind Ritchie and Theodore. Murray said they were looking for a left shot left wing for the top of the lineup at the start of the summer. That didn't exactly happen, unless you count the Raymond signing.

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry

Kapanen would not be 3:rd best prospect. Montour and Larsson would say hello and Ritchie did produce good in AHL, but strggled as expected in NHL.
Of course JVR would fit in nicley, but not at the expense of Lindholm, their best d-man, that is just bad asset-management and would make the team worse. Fowler would give that LW that they need more then enough.
Stop defend the offer, it is bad. Offer Matthews, they need a new number 1 center if they gonna trade him, wingers cost less...

btlaffin

Deathbat
Jun 30, 2013
To think you could land Lindholm without moving one of Matthews/Marner/Nylander is laughable. JVR would maybe get you Fowler or Montour. If you want a #1D, you need to pay up. A lottery protected 1st is not all that exciting when the Ducks used their 6th overall to pick Lindholm a few years ago. That first would be used looking for a player like Lindholm.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
No thank you. Your valuation of Lindholm is way off.

I'm not gonna say he's worth Rielly with a significant +. I think that Rielly is very close to Lindholm in relative value to their teams.

So just imagine how much you would want for Rielly. Then add a bit, and you have Lindholm.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry

Yeah, let's trade our best defensemen and get a player that would be our 2nd best winger for only two more years in return. Then lose that winger because we can't afford him, great idea :shakehead

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Yeah, let's trade our best defensemen and get a player that would be our 2nd best winger for only two more years in return. Then lose that winger because we can't afford him, great idea :shakehead

Given the comparables signed this summer it should be fairly easy signing JVR. 6M per for 5 or 6 years, similar to what Lindholm is likely seeking now. They have this season to sell him on staying and to make sure he fits before signing him long-term when eligible next summer. If he isn't signed by the deadline of his last season, they can sell him for a fat futures haul. By that point they'd have a lot of cap space and a lot of young assets. They could do a number of things.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Given the comparables signed this summer it should be fairly easy signing JVR. 6M per for 5 or 6 years, similar to what Lindholm is likely seeking now. They have this season to sell him on staying and to make sure he fits before signing him long-term when eligible next summer. If he isn't signed by the deadline of his last season, they can sell him for a fat futures haul. By that point they'd have a lot of cap space and a lot of young assets. They could do a number of things.

Think this through, we could either have 6-8 years of Lindholm. Or two years of JVR and trade him at the deadline for at most a 1st and a prospect, or we can get 6 years of JVR. What team is going to trade a defensemen as good as Lindholm for a couple years of a winger and some futures or for 6 years of a winger?

Lindholm is worth more to this team being competitive than JVR and futures. Our defense looks terrible if we trade Lindholm and our forwards only look decently better with JVR. We aren't going to win a cup if we're swapping Lindholm for JVR, it's that simple.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Ducks are kinda going for it, so why futures? why should they downgrade their d-core to get better on the wings, when they can trade a lesser d-man for a just as good winger.
Matthews and something minor or Nylander/marner +JVR and atleast ducks starts to listen...

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The Leafs have one asset worth the Ducks' time when it comes to Lindholm, and his name is Auston.

GTFO with this thread and Leafs fans trying to get everyone's young stars for JVR.

Lindholm is significantly better than Rielly at the moment, FWIW...

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
The Leafs have one asset worth the Ducks' time when it comes to Lindholm, and his name is Auston.

GTFO with this thread and Leafs fans trying to get everyone's young stars for JVR.

Lindholm is significantly better than Rielly at the moment, FWIW...

1st - No Lindholm is not significantly better than Rielly at the moment, better? Yes, but provide some sort of proof that he's significantly better because that's flat out false. I don't want to hear your uninformed opinion either, some factual evidence/stats would be nice.

2nd - JVR is a 1st line forward, and our 1st will more than likely be top ten - that is a respectable offer for an unsigned RFA. GTFO with your overreaction.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
1st - No Lindholm is not significantly better than Rielly at the moment, better? Yes, but provide some sort of proof that he's significantly better because that's flat out false. I don't want to hear your uninformed opinion either, some factual evidence/stats would be nice.

2nd - JVR is a 1st line forward, and our 1st will more than likely be top ten - that is a respectable offer for an unsigned RFA. GTFO with your overreaction.

1st - Funny that you say "Lindholm is not significantly better than Rielly", and then tell me that I need to prove it with "factual evidence", as if your statement isn't an "uninformed opinion".

2nd - JVR and a top-10 pick is a SEVERE underpayment for a 22 year old #1D. It is a joke. Not even close to a respectable offer.

Additionally: JVR's salary is higher than his cap hit, which is what Anaheim is more concerned about, and he a UFA in just two years. Taylor Hall makes only $1M more in salary, is signed much longer, and is significantly better than JVR, yet he returned a young defenseman MUCH worse than Lindholm.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Think this through, we could either have 6-8 years of Lindholm. Or two years of JVR and trade him at the deadline for at most a 1st and a prospect, or we can get 6 years of JVR. What team is going to trade a defensemen as good as Lindholm for a couple years of a winger and some futures or for 6 years of a winger?

Lindholm is worth more to this team being competitive than JVR and futures. Our defense looks terrible if we trade Lindholm and our forwards only look decently better with JVR. We aren't going to win a cup if we're swapping Lindholm for JVR, it's that simple.
It's..

JVR for 6-8 years + Kapanen on a full ELC + 31-35 pick in 2017 for 6-8 years of Lindholm

or

JVR for 1.75 years + Kapanen on a full ELC + 31-35 pick in 2017 + 1st in 2018 + 2nd/Equivalent Prospect + ? for Lindholm for 6-8 years

Ducks are kinda going for it, so why futures? why should they downgrade their d-core to get better on the wings, when they can trade a lesser d-man for a just as good winger.
Matthews and something minor or Nylander/marner +JVR and atleast ducks starts to listen...

When selling a player with the term of JVR in his final season at the deadline it's generally for futures. If the Ducks worked in a player that helped now that would make sense. But, I'm sure they'd get more value in the form of futures. They could use FA to fill holes with the sudden increase in cap space. Or trade their abundance of youth for another big game player in that unlikely circumstance.

Hampus will be paid the most and would garner the most in trade. They could believe their is enough in house on the point to sell high on him. While, filling multiple forward positions.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
1st - Funny that you say "Lindholm is not significantly better than Rielly", and then tell me that I need to prove it with "factual evidence", as if your statement isn't an "uninformed opinion".

2nd - JVR and a top-10 pick is a SEVERE underpayment for a 22 year old #1D. It is a joke. Not even close to a respectable offer.

Additionally: JVR's salary is higher than his cap hit, which is what Anaheim is more concerned about, and he a UFA in just two years. Taylor Hall makes only $1M more in salary, is signed much longer, and is significantly better than JVR, yet he returned a young defenseman MUCH worse than Lindholm.

Well I'm not the one throwing minority opinions out there that are false? Most stats show that these two players are pretty close, there is a clear advantage for Lindholm defensively but I'd say Rielly is the more dangerous offensive player right now. Though he doesn't have as much to work with as Lindholm, because Lindholm plays on a much better team. Again, if you're going to throw out an uninformed opinion, try to back it up with something.

I don't really care much for the proposed trade, Anaheim wouldn't do it. They'd want Rielly + and that's a no go for Toronto. But don't kid yourself, a 1st line winger and a top ten pick IS a respectable offer for an unsigned RFA. I don't care what other posters here think, in the real word that isn't a laughable offer, and is actually a good basis. It just doesn't make any sense for Anaheim.

OT - I don't know why, but JVR gets much hate around here, though he's actually a really good player... Maybe it's because he's throw into fantasy proposals here all the time and that annoys people? (my opinion, but that's a really petty reason to not value a player).. but reading these boards it's like we'd be lucky to get a 2nd for JVR. Oh well, really hope we can sign him to an extension next summer and all these stupid proposals can come to end.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
OT - I don't know why, but JVR gets much hate around here, though he's actually a really good player... Maybe it's because he's throw into fantasy proposals here all the time and that annoys people? (my opinion, but that's a really petty reason to not value a player).. but reading these boards it's like we'd be lucky to get a 2nd for JVR. Oh well, really hope we can sign him to an extension next summer and all these stupid proposals can come to end.

He is in alot of proposals, so I guess it is a bit ad nauseum. He's a tremendous player. I think him and fowler are about equal value, and a little bit more than vatanen fwiw.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I think it works if you throw out the conditionals on the picks. Basically betting that the Leafs will still be bad this year.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
JVR isn't a suitable starting point for Lindholm. The rest doesn't matter. Teams generally don't build up a perceived area of potential strength and then trade away from the very top.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Any one thinking that JVR would be a starting point for Lindholm isn't being to realistic. Pretty sure that any deal involving sending Lindholm to Toronto would start with Nylander at least and work from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad