Proposal: Leafs/ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Currysux*

I'd consider for 1 of matthews/nylander/marner + reilly

Matthews LOL, Nylander yeah, Marner yeah, Marner + Rielly see Matthews. Lindholm may be better than Rielly but the difference isnt like Matthews Laine big. Maybe Rielly + Kapanen.

Currysux*

JVR (50% retained, 55-60 point player at 2.25M for 2 years) + 2017 2nd + Brown + Carrick

For

Lindholm + Thompson + Stoner

This is assuming the Ducks and Hampus are unable to reach a new deal

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
JVR (50% retained, 55-60 point player at 2.25M for 2 years) + 2017 2nd + Brown + Carrick

For

Ducks still pass, and as a leafs fan that would sting a lot but id pull the trigger.
Brown has a good shot at being a top 6 forward and carrick is a good pmd top 6 dman for room to be a top 4.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015

For

Ducks aren't going to put cap dumps and lessen lindhlms value lmao

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

For

In 2 years JVR will be gone. Carrick is a 22 year old defenseman we are not that interested in because blueline is are strength from our prospect pool. Brown is a nice forward prospect. 2nd round pick. Dumping Stoner is nice. Dumping Thompson is meh we could us him when he comes back from injury having a veteran 4th line center for playoffs is always nice.

Just not good enough to trade Lindholm. Drafting him 6th overall and trading him after 3 seasons we need better if we are trading him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Matthews LOL, Nylander yeah, Marner yeah, Marner + Rielly see Matthews. Lindholm may be better than Rielly but the difference isnt like Matthews Laine big. Maybe Rielly + Kapanen.

The point is don't offer us garbage for arguably one of the top young dmen in the world. He isnt available so expect to over pay. Start with 1 of Reilly marner or nylander and add a significant piece.... matthews alone maybe gets it done but isn't exactly a need for anahiem where lindholm is. If you guys don't like the counter offers don't make equally awful original posts

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
To the ducks: JVR , 2017 1st (conditioned leafs didn't win lottery becomes 2018 1st if they do)

To the leafs : Lindholm , 2017 1st (conditioned on receiving leafs pick.swap 18 if not) +salary dump (likely stoner as bieksa would waive for Toronto)

F*** no.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Ducks team had a lot of scoring problems during a good part of the season which included time he was on the ice for. If we had more normal scoring levels during that time Lindholm offensive production would of been better.

Because for a big chunk of the season the ducks offense was absolutely awful and unlucky, they had incredibly low shooting percentages, and Lindholms PDO was 982, he was extremely unlucky last year in terms of point production

Ok, that's fair. But same could be said for Rielly. Anaheim was a higher scoring team, Toronto boasted a bottom 3 offense all year. Rielly's PDO - 992. If Lindholms point total has the potential to rise, so does Rielly's.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ducks stand as much chance of trading LIndholm as we do of trading Matthews.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
To the ducks: JVR , 2017 1st (conditioned leafs didn't win lottery becomes 2018 1st if they do)

To the leafs : Lindholm , 2017 1st (conditioned on receiving leafs pick.swap 18 if not) +salary dump (likely stoner as bieksa would waive for Toronto)

Reasoning.. Ducks need cap space and a top line LW. JVR is cheap and with his size and style will be a perfect fit there for them. Plus dumping stoner gives them cap space for rackall or whatever they need it for. Plus a significant upgrade in 1st round pick 5-16th instead of 25-30

Toronto needs high end D potential and Lindholm has top pairing potential. Losing JVR creates a hole but they aren't competing for the next couple years so losing him isn't really changing anything.

I think this can address both teams needs though stuff likely needed to be added as I don't think either team will like it but could something be worked out or is Lindholm too valuable to Anaheim to consider moving him? I know their D depth is insanely good

OH my!
this is one of the worst proposals ever!

usually i just post players performance and let the open minded people on here form there own opinion.

but this one is just awful.

Hockey is won by Getting more goals that you give up.

you have to generate .35 more EVGF than EVGA to have a chance at a wild card playoff spot.

Since 10.5 of the 30 shots in a game generate 75% of the goals.

you kind of want the best HSCA D that give up 7.5 HSCA shots rather than the worst D that give up 13.5 shots. though a 10.5 shot D is a good start to GA reduction.

you also want a top 10 HSCA save% goalie.
conf final teams have that.
Though goalies can be victims of the HSCA shot count from there D pairs.
See Edmonton; Toronto; Calgary.

you want Forwards that are the real tough.
wiling to go to that tough HSCA area.

A guy like Kessel who did not physically battle; but used his speed to press the d and enter the HSCA area and use his Killer release to rack.

Which required d to cover him freeing up space for his centers and wings to have free access to the HSCA . Saw alot of JVr and Kadri's success from Kessels demand for defensive attention. He was driver of the line. just like he did driving his line in PIT.
His last year the guy was a victim of the last coach who stupidy forced him to play to a cycle style .

Lindholm
1st comp
top 10 HSCA D
#3 SA D
#21 GA D
He should be a top 10 GA d but he did not have elite caliber goaltending.

looking at the top HSCA save% goalies the last 3 years. minimum 1500 HSCA shots.
1. Price .889
----------------
2. Talbot; Griess .886
4. holtby .885
-------------------
5. Halak .882
6. Jones .881
7. Elliott; Allen .880
--------------------
8. Crawford .878
9. Lundquist .877
-------------
10. Bernier; Schnieder .874
12. Mrazek
these goalies can get you to a conference final.
but they need 3+ top 60 HSCAD on a team to get you there.

18. Gibson .870
25. F. andersson .962

Lucky for anahiems 3 top 20 HSCA D
lindholm; Manson; Vatanen they won't have to play in front of that brutal HSCA save% goalie andersson.

there gm was ablate unload him for a 1st rd pick and a 2nd round pick next year.
them steal a top 10 HSCA save% goalie from that same team for a 5th!

Poor Bernier was a victim of just brutal HSCAD play.
Reilly bottom 10
Phanuef bottom 5
Gardiner Bottom 20

So lindholm a top 10 Def D that will jump into the elite group of top HSCA; EVGA Def d like
A. larsson
Stralman
Doughty
Weber
Vlasic

for JVR a permiter shooting Forward who works off of space created by a line driver.

JVR will be a nice fit on aline with Mathews
or
A line with Marner.

I congratulate you for understanding you have to improve that awful box/ net protection (high scoring chance area) Defence.

But to get a D like Larsson; Lindholm; Doughty; Weber.
well you see what it costs!

When shanahan joined the leafs:

Kessel was one of 2 forward top 5 in Goals and points last 3 years.
Kessel #4 goals; #2 points
Ovechkin #1G; #4 points
Put in a coach that destroyed kisses trade value.

Then he trades top 10 HSCA goalie bernier for a 5th round pick.
An elite goalie that could not overcome the brutal HSCA d play.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
It's a pretty simple premise from Duck fans on HF.

- You want Lindholm the answer is no, there is no negotiation to be had. They do not want to trade him. Nor should they, unless a team overpaid to the extreme it wouldn't be worth it to them.

- However bring on all the offers you have for Fowler, Despres, Stoner, Bieksa.(Not on Manson, Theodore, Montour especially if there is significant salary coming back in return.)

- The want from them is a scoring, left handed LW who isn't overpriced or has a long term on their deal.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
It's a pretty simple premise from Duck fans on HF.

- You want Lindholm the answer is no, there is no negotiation to be had. They do not want to trade him. Nor should they, unless a team overpaid to the extreme it wouldn't be worth it to them.

- However bring on all the offers you have for Fowler, Despres, Stoner, Bieksa.(Not on Manson, Theodore, Montour especially if there is significant salary coming back in return.)

- The want from them is a scoring, left handed LW who isn't overpriced or has a long term on their deal.

This guy's got it.

Ducksgo*

The best thing the Ducks could do here is trade Hampus while his value is high.

JVR (top line winger for next 2 seasons at 4.25M, maybe longer) + Kapanen (Potential top line winger, full ELC) + The highest of their 2nd's next year (31-35 Pick)

It's absolutely horrible. It makes no sense why we are giving you our best defender for JVR. What's even more stupid is Leafs fans are trying to entice us by using picks and prospects we don't need right now.

Lock it up this is absolutely silly

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Fair deal. I'd be hesitant to move JVR for a non right handed defender but I'd take a gamble on Lindholm amounting to something. He'd have to be sheltered by Rielly for a bit but I could see him ending up as a solid #2 if everything goes right.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Fair deal. I'd be hesitant to move JVR for a non right handed defender but I'd take a gamble on Lindholm amounting to something. He'd have to be sheltered by Rielly for a bit but I could see him ending up as a solid #2 if everything goes right.

:laugh: @ sheltered by Rielly. Try the other way around. Lindholm would be the backbone defensively. That would open the door for Babcock to lean on Rielly more offensively, or in a puck moving capacity.

And there is no gamble on Lindholm. JVR simply isn't good enough to move Lindholm for. There is nothing fair about the deal. JVR is a good player, but there is no chance he gets a 22 year old top pairing defenseman in Lindholm. And that's before you consider Lindholm's upside(see: potentially much better than anything JVR has done in his career to date).

As trades go, this is a lose-lose for Anaheim. They don't get better immediately, and they lose out in the long-term.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
:laugh: @ sheltered by Rielly. Try the other way around. Lindholm would be the backbone defensively. That would open the door for Babcock to lean on Rielly more offensively, or in a puck moving capacity.

And there is no gamble on Lindholm. JVR simply isn't good enough to move Lindholm for. There is nothing fair about the deal. JVR is a good player, but there is no chance he gets a 22 year old top pairing defenseman in Lindholm. And that's before you consider Lindholm's upside(see: potentially much better than anything JVR has done in his career to date).

As trades go, this is a lose-lose for Anaheim. They don't get better immediately, and they lose out in the long-term.

Lindholm isn't top pair material on any team in the league. If you are talking about Anahiem he was further down the depth chart behind Fowler and Vatanen.

If he's such a good defender why isn't he locked up long term yet? Why was Vatanen prioritized before him? Just stick to the facts. JVR is a proven commodity with pedegree and Lindholm hasn't shown much of anything.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

You know it's a terrible trade when this guy thinks it's a good deal. Shows that you have no clue what you're talking about when you think Reilly would have to shelter Lindholm.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Lindholm isn't top pair material on any team in the league. If you are talking about Anahiem he was further down the depth chart behind Fowler and Vatanen.

If he's such a good defender why isn't he locked up long term yet? Why was Vatanen prioritized before him? Just stick to the facts. JVR is a proven commodity with pedegree and Lindholm hasn't shown much of anything.

Lindholm is top pairing material on any team in the league, easily.

Fowler played top pairing, Lindholm played second pairing, Vats played third pairing during the regular season and most of the playoffs. The last couple of games in the playoffs, Lindholm and Vats played top pairing together.

Vats was signed first because he was eligible for arbitration, so Murray wanted to get Vats done first. Just because Lindholm isn't signed yet does not mean he doesn't have top pairing potential (which he has already shown last season).

JVR is proven, sure. He also only has 2 years left on his current deal. He's also a winger, which is always less valued than defensemen. Lindholm is our best or second best (depending on how Fowler decides to play) defensemen, we also were the best defensive team in the NHL last season. But yeah, Lindholm and shown much of anything :shakehead

Glad you showed everyone you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Currysux*

JVR (50% retained)
Leipsic
Loov
3rd

For

Theordore
Ritchie
1st

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
JVR (50% retained)
Leipsic
Loov
3rd

For

Theordore
Ritchie
1st

Probably fair value in a vacuum, but I think I still say no. Theo is very valuable to us right now since he's still on his ELC and he can play in the NHL. Ritchie has more potential than Lepispic and Loov imo, so I would rather keep Ritchie and hope he pans out. Ducks also don't get up our 1st so easily.

I'm not a fan of giving up 3 big pieces of our future for 2 years of JVR tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad