News: Leafs cap - Dubas: We can, and we will keep all our 4 top F

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
See above: I clearly said "Marner and Nylander will get about $7-8million each". So one of the following is true:

-You didn't read my post
-You lack reading comprehension
-You don't think that 6.75 is "about" 7
-You're making stuff up

I usually don't go after posters personally, I find it lame and quite frankly a way of saying "I've got nothing to add", but since you did it first by accusing me of pretending I felt it appropriate to do the same in return.

If they sign for 7-8 mil annually at their current production, which is where you were drawing your comparisons from, then we would all be in agreement that it was a significant overpayment by management. Not a reasonable figure for what they've done so far, and pretending that it is is either misinformed or wishful thinking.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
So? Hyman is a 3rd line player that just happens to play on your top line. And Bracco is a dime a dozen prospect, he might not even make the NHL, let alone become an impact player. You can’t bank on all your prospect wingers making the NHL and becoming impact players because that’s not gonna happen.

Gardiner and Marleau will be replaced by those players, but likely those players will be worse than them. That’s the problem with paying so much for 4 forwards, is you’re banking on your prospect pool to replace all the players you lose to FA. While at the same time trading picks for players to make playoff pushes, making your prospect pool worse and worse.
The Marlies just won the Calder and have lots of prospects.
I'd worry if they had the worst AHL affiliate.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
If they sign for 7-8 mil annually at their current production, which is where you were drawing your comparisons from, then we would all be in agreement that it was a significant overpayment by management. Not a reasonable figure for what they've done so far, and pretending that it is is either misinformed or wishful thinking.

Wow you wont even admit that you made up what I was saying earlier? Yikes. We'll see what Nylander/Marner will get. Matthews will absolutely be at $11million by the way, one way or another.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
because you know what the future holds for them 8 years into the future. Wow

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
So? Hyman is a 3rd line player that just happens to play on your top line. And Bracco is a dime a dozen prospect, he might not even make the NHL, let alone become an impact player. You can’t bank on all your prospect wingers making the NHL and becoming impact players because that’s not gonna happen.

Gardiner and Marleau will be replaced by those players, but likely those players will be worse than them. That’s the problem with paying so much for 4 forwards, is you’re banking on your prospect pool to replace all the players you lose to FA. While at the same time trading picks for players to make playoff pushes, making your prospect pool worse and worse.

You are just like a toad trapped in the well that hasn’t seen anything beside a little bit of blue sky. Just because your mediocre team only has mediocre prospects doesn’t mean everyone does. Bracco when he was given opportunity was tearing the AHL apart but yea he is not going to amount to anything.

But I actually don’t mind ignoring fools like you that think just because a player doesn’t get a roster spot he is a bad player. Keep thinking like that any ways your team’s opportunities are there for a couple more years. After that enjoy the black hole.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Gaudreau got $6.75million a couple of years ago. I said around 7-8million...unless you don't count as 6.75 as being "around" 7?

I get it you want your team to keep both players at a reasonable price...it's just not going to happen in today's NHL.

Gaudreau? You mean the guy who scored 78 points in 79 games his contract year and signed for 6.75? He's your example of a guy who signed for "about 7-8" after "scoring 61/69 points"?

I hope Nylander's and Marner's agents are as good at coming up with comparables. We could get them signed for cheaper than expected if they are

"So Marner tell me why you're worth 7-8 million after scoring 69 points."

"Well Gaudreau got 6.75 million after getting 78 points"

"6.25 it is"

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Wow you wont even admit that you made up what I was saying earlier? Yikes. We'll see what Nylander/Marner will get. Matthews will absolutely be at $11million by the way, one way or another.
What are you doing bickering on a hockey forum when you could be making millions with your crystal ball?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
You are just like a toad trapped in the well that hasn’t seen anything beside a little bit of blue sky. Just because your mediocre team only has mediocre prospects doesn’t mean everyone does. Bracco when he was given opportunity was tearing the AHL apart but yea he is not going to amount to anything.

But I actually don’t mind ignoring fools like you that think just because a player doesn’t get a roster spot he is a bad player. Keep thinking like that any ways your team’s opportunities are there for a couple more years. After that enjoy the black hole.

Lol don’t kid yourself, Montreal’s prospect pool is easily better than Toronto’s. Tearing apart the AHL how? With 6 goals in 50 games? Really says something about the state of your prospect pool if he’s one of your top guys hahaha

Keep being cocky about a team that hasn’t won anything significant in 14 years

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Lol don’t kid yourself, Montreal’s prospect pool is easily better than Toronto’s.

ru4yX6W.png

toronto-marlies-pose-for-picture-with-calder-cup.jpg

Ah yes, of course.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I said prospect pool, not AHL team.
Getting names that rank highly on Bob's draft list is completely useless if you can't develop them properly. Habs are picking way higher so of course they are going to get more highly touted prospects. they're still a terrible organization from top to bottom

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Gaudreau? You mean the guy who scored 78 points in 79 games his contract year and signed for 6.75? He's your example of a guy who signed for "about 7-8" after "scoring 61/69 points"?

I hope Nylander's and Marner's agents are as good at coming up with comparables. We could get them signed for cheaper than expected if they are

"So Marner tell me why you're worth 7-8 million after scoring 69 points."

"Well Gaudreau got 6.75 million after getting 78 points"

"6.25 it is"

You don't think that Marner's production is going to increase by 9 points playing with Tavares? Tavares literally makes waiver wire material into 30 goal scorers.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
You don't think that Marner's production is going to increase by 9 points playing with Tavares? Tavares literally makes waiver wire material into 30 goal scorers.

We need him to score goals now haha. Marner will chip in here and there but he would pass 90% of the time than shoot it himself even if he sees the open net for the better opportunity. I think he can do it, and if not we put Marner with Matthews and let Nylander be carried by Tavares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad