Proposal: Leafs - Canucks 3 for 3 block buster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Tanev actually played more than anyone in the 3rd period of the gold medal game. Rielly played a ton in the 2nd period which is why he was pushing 26 minutes.

I guess they trusted Tanev more because he played more than anyone in the most important period.

He played 21 seconds more than Rielly in the third. :help:

Not that significant, especially considering the way Rielly was used earlier. Tanev probably just got hemmed in on a shift a little too long.

eviohh26*

He played 21 seconds more than Rielly in the third. :help:

Not that significant, especially considering the way Rielly was used earlier. Tanev probably just got hemmed in on a shift a little too long.

Player of the game bro.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
I think the gap between Nylander and Virtanen is far bigger than Tanev and Gardiner

It's a little early to even compare Virtanen and Nylander.
Jake Virtanen had a similar rookie season to Leon Draisaitl ppg-wise; and was also predominantly playing a bottom-6 role the past season.

It's usually the second season that gives a better idea of how a player's career will go: 1) because they've experienced the NHL & realize which adjustments they need to make to be the best player they can be, and 2) opposing teams build a scouting report on that player & are able to make adjustments as well, which is why a lot of young players see a dip in their point production their sophomore year.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Shocking proposal and what's even more shocking is what leafs fans here think about it. Apparently virtanen=nothing.

I don't think anybody's saying that - it's just that 1) Nylander plays the more valuable position, 2) he's had the better record post draft 3) the Leags have no reason to want to trade him.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Value is not bad but does not take into account Canucks needs. Sure Nylander is a potential top line stud but until he proves he is he's being over valued. Tanev is a top pairing shut down stud yes he's got not much in offensive game but theres a reason Leafs fans want him. Gardiner and Hutton are close in my eyes but I see Hutton developing more after his rookie season. It's a toss up between Brown and Virtanen now but Virtanen being a local kid and a big strong kid who can play a bottom six role if he fails in the top 6 is a no brainer to keep for us.

Right now Vancouver says no but if Nylander turns out to be a stud top line forward then ya Leafs would be best to pass. As of now no chance Canucks say yes. Tanev and Hutton are locks to be in our top 4 for years and Virtanen if fails in top 6 will surely be a role player for us for years.

This trade is one I think both franchises pass on. If Leafs really want Tanev better chance to simplify it to Nylander plus for Tanev. Again for those who will freak addind to Nylander to get Tanev remember Nylander is a prospect a great one yes but he hasn't proven squat. Top 4 RHD are worth a ton at the moment. Example Hall for Larsson.

eviohh26*

Shocking proposal and what's even more shocking is what leafs fans here think about it. Apparently virtanen=nothing.

Didn't you know? According to the rest of Canada he is a complete bust. Should go get a 9-5 while he is young.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Obviously the original proposal was way out in left field and is not something that is going to happen.
The Canucks just wouldn't consider that.
Now follow that with 12 pages of greater than and less than signs and this players mother can beat up the others. Great.
The bottom line is if Tanev is available, I hope the Leafs have significant interest. He would be without a doubt exactly what the team is lacking.
I don't know the price, Matthews,Marner and Rielly are my off limits players.
I doubt the Canucks move him at the end of the day. To valuable unless they get a missing positional piece they don't think they can get.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Embarrassing thread for some leaf posters.

Right now nylander is on the same level of Sven baertschi after 22 games.

niel094

Jan 13, 2011
Just a quick thought. I've seen a bunch of tanev talk on the boards and it seems like Vancouver fans are expecting a top 4 pick or equivalent prospect plus a good defender and every other proposal that gives them less gets blown out. Could It be that tanev is more valuable to Vancouver than to other teams because Vancouver doesn't have much strength back there making tanev look like a god compared to their next best defender?

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Just a quick thought. I've seen a bunch of tanev talk on the boards and it seems like Vancouver fans are expecting a top 4 pick or equivalent prospect plus a good defender and every other proposal that gives them less gets blown out. Could It be that tanev is more valuable to Vancouver than to other teams because Vancouver doesn't have much strength back there making tanev look like a god compared to their next best defender?

Maybe, no more than leaf fans overvaluing prospects Sven baertschi style, but he's still the most valuable player in the trade, overvaluing doesn't change that. If a Tanev trade happened tomorrow it would be Tanev going to leafs, nylander plus going back.

Marlander93

Nov 22, 2015
I wouldn't even want Virtanen on my team for free. After that crap he pulled at the WJCs, I wouldn't want that guy near my team.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Value is not bad but does not take into account Canucks needs. Sure Nylander is a potential top line stud but until he proves he is he's being over valued. Tanev is a top pairing shut down stud yes he's got not much in offensive game but theres a reason Leafs fans want him. Gardiner and Hutton are close in my eyes but I see Hutton developing more after his rookie season. It's a toss up between Brown and Virtanen now but Virtanen being a local kid and a big strong kid who can play a bottom six role if he fails in the top 6 is a no brainer to keep for us.

Right now Vancouver says no but if Nylander turns out to be a stud top line forward then ya Leafs would be best to pass. As of now no chance Canucks say yes. Tanev and Hutton are locks to be in our top 4 for years and Virtanen if fails in top 6 will surely be a role player for us for years.

This trade is one I think both franchises pass on. If Leafs really want Tanev better chance to simplify it to Nylander plus for Tanev. Again for those who will freak addind to Nylander to get Tanev remember Nylander is a prospect a great one yes but he hasn't proven squat. Top 4 RHD are worth a ton at the moment. Example Hall for Larsson.

:handclap::laugh:

How on earth are Gardiner and Hutton close? You think he'll develop into a low-end #2/high-end #3? The difference between Gardiner and Hutton is like the difference between Tanev and Marincin.

Too many exaggerations from both sides on this thread.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

How on earth are Gardiner and Hutton close? You think he'll develop into a low-end #2/high-end #3? The difference between Gardiner and Hutton is like the difference between Tanev and Marincin.

You've clearly never watched Hutton play the game of hockey in your life if you don't think he has the potential to be a low end #2/high-end #3.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014

Lol Gardiner couldn't hold Hutton's jock strap. Tanev and Hutton are basically untouchable. Virtanen is pretty close to being that.

If Vancouver wanted a player like Nylander, they would've drafted him.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
You've clearly never watched Hutton play the game of hockey in your life if you don't think he has the potential to be a low end #2/high-end #3.

Everyone has potential to be great. Is it highly likely he hits that potential? That poster just said the difference between Gardiner and Hutton isn't big because of that potential. I mean I could say the same about Marincin (I'm not being sarcastic, Marincin impressed).

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Lol Gardiner couldn't hold Hutton's jock strap. Tanev and Hutton are basically untouchable. Virtanen is pretty close to being that.

You are right, they could have drafted Nylander. Instead, they drafted what looks to be one of the worst 6th overall picks in recent memory.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Everyone has potential to be great. Is it highly likely he hits that potential? That poster just said the difference between Gardiner and Hutton isn't big because of that potential. I mean I could say the same about Marincin (I'm not being sarcastic, Marincin impressed).

Hutton is already a number 4 at worst. It's not like it's unknown potential. Hutton has proven he has what it takes.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

Remember when you passed on Erik Karlsson to draft Cody Hodgson? Guess you wouldnt want him, since you could have drafted him instead!

Guess you dont want Larkin or Ehlers? Connor? No? Could have drafted them all but took Virtanen, what a great draft from some of the most clueless minds in sports. Linden is a plug for that franchise, just like he was as a player.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Don't make posts that serve no other purpose than to start trouble. Further trolling will be met with moderator action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad