Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins game 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No reason to be. It was one game. Leafs will win this one and game 1 will be out the window.
Ah man, you and your predictions. Have any of your predictions come true this season? I know taking over 1st place in December didn't work out well. Or taking over 1st place in January, or February ...

Need a better performance across the board. #1 in goal. If Sammy is back in he has a short leash, another 1st shot goal then he should come out.

I must say I feel a little better seeing that sieve Georgiev leak goals last night. 7 goals on 23 shots.
Hellebuyck wasn’t much better but at least he had 46 shots to contend with. And he won. That’s all that matters for him today.

If we can eke out a split in Boston it’s down to a best of 5 with home ice. Have to get it tonight though and/or have a stellar performance in goal.
The goaltending isn't even the #1 problem. It's been a long time since we scored more than 2 goals in one game. Considering how many forwards we have that are among the highest paid players in the world, that's just not acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Stop worrying about winning the series and just start with winning a game. Show in that win that you could start on time, display intensity and do the little things/go to the dirty areas to do it.
Then we can worry about the next one.
Enough of the we are better than Boston, Leafs in 6/7 from the fans. Win the damn game.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Nylander back will be pretty big. At least I hope he plays.

I also hope Woll gets the game, and I'd also play Brodie over Benoit.
Willy matters. Here’s hoping.

Joe looked pretty bad in the two games in Boston. I’m abit antsy because of that.

But GLG.

Reactions: fahad203

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The first 5-10 minutes will be crucial and we really need to score first.

Time for the big $$$ players to step up.
Agree, we cannot be chasing the game again. The longer it goes without us trailing the better I will feel.. but we DO need that first goal.

Need the f***in PP to make something happen instead of constantly looking like ass.

Reactions: OddyOh and weems

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Imagine you’re not excited to watch, yet you take time out of your day to post here.

Time and a place, I’ll take this any day over a Monday February game against Columbus thanks!
I think it's just some trying to fit in with their perceived cool kids.
"I'll tell you all day, every day how much I don't care."

Some serious lack of self awareness.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Ah man, you and your predictions. Have any of your predictions come true this season? I know taking over 1st place in December didn't work out well. Or taking over 1st place in January, or February ...
Needless to say, people are over-reacting to one game, just as many here over-react in the opposite way when the Leafs win. For me, this series is still going to mostly be a series of close games, with many of them going to OT. I simply like the Leafs chances in those circumstances, that's all, but that has as much to do with the opponent as it does the Leafs. When we start talking about games against Florida or Carolina, I think things could get more dicey. But one series at a time.

Reactions: GoonieFace

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Keefe is a such a f***ing moron

Jarnkrok hasn’t play a hockey game in 6 weeks. He played 18 mins, played top pp and played Pk.

You keefe are a f***ing idiot

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Once again we see if the group has any pride whatsoever.

They come out in this one like they did in game 1 you know for a fact that they've just packed it in for the year.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Agree, we cannot be chasing the game again. The longer it goes without us trailing the better I will feel.. but we DO need that first goal.

Need the f***in PP to make something happen instead of constantly looking like ass.
100%.

Bos is a way different team chasing the game.

It is also very frustrating losing the special teams battle constantly.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

They can’t afford to stand in one spot and slowly pass the puck around the perimeter on the PP.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Don’t really watch other games much, but that Winnipeg/Colorado game was intense. The speed and urgency was apparent, Leaf’s look slow compared to that. They need to up the pressure on the PK, this soft square they play is frustrating to watch

Reactions: torontoblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad