GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Saturday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Agreed. But this remains one of the weakest groups of forwards in the NHL. Way, way too much dead weight. We will struggle to score. The silver lining is there is a lot of top offensive talent available in the 2024 Draft. And we will have an opportunity to draft one.
Not sure they are as weak as you say, at least not if Dach plays like a real Top-6 C, Caufield scores 35+ and Slaf is a more consistent threat.

I don't think there are many teams with a 3C better than Monahan, and that have a 20 goal scoring winger to play with him.

Harvey-Pinard may not seem like a strong middle-6 winger, but he played like one last year. There is a chance he can get 18-21 goals in a full season even if his SHP drops a bit.

Newhook-Suzuki-Caufield (all top-16 1st rd picks)
Slafkovsky-Dach-RHP (two top-3OA picks)
Pearson-Monahan-Anderson (2 1st rounders, all have scored 20++)
Ylonen/Dvo-Evans-Gallagher (better than most 4th lines)
spare: Pezzetta

I truly think our green D is more of an issue than our forwards, for this season.

I don't get the decision to put Barron with Norlinder. Both are shaky in their own end, Barron clearly has some confidence issues so why not,

Guhle Barron
Norlinder Reinbacher
Why has Struble not played a single game when Beaudin hjaws, and we have had some very longshot forwards play too?

Is he hurt? Bad attitude (not that I heard anything)?

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Maybe. but he's better than Gallagher and Armia on a 4th line with Evans.

But yes, he hasn't shown he can be better than a 4th liner yet.

I still think our best 4th line is Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen.

Caufield - Suzuki - Monahan
Slaf - Dach - RHP
Pearson - Newhook - Anderson
Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen
Pez, Armia
Gallagher is better because he actually tries to get involved but he still sucks

Reactions: Runner77 and 26Mats

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't get the decision to put Barron with Norlinder. Both are shaky in their own end, Barron clearly has some confidence issues so why not,

Guhle Barron
Norlinder Reinbacher
Barron seemed highly reticent at the idea of playing for the Rocket last season as he felt that he had done his classes when he played for the AVS’ AHL team in 2021-22.

And yet if he doesn’t improve his game, the AHL is exactly where he ends up yet again.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Kind of have a feeling Reinbacher is going to make the opening night roster. Barron sucking and Matheson hurt is setting it up, now weve got him paired with Guhle and they would probably like to show him off a bit to justify the pick before sending him off to Europe.
I hope he doesn't let him improve some more in Europe instead of treading water like every other rushed prospect

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Excited to see the Lavallagher-King Kong-Big Sexy line in action again

1696095679276.png

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Struble has a small injury, MSL thinks he should be fine to play one of the last two games of the pre-season.

Struble and Matheson are both day to day with lower body injuries, but the comment about playing a game before the end of preseason was related to Matheson and not Strubble

Reactions: morhilane

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Things like this would not happen if they had a goon like Ryan Reaves on the bench.

Oh wait :sarcasm:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Struble and Matheson are both day to day with lower body injuries, but the comment about playing a game before the end of preseason was related to Matheson and not Strubble
Martineau's tweet I saw this morning was only about Struble and it mentioned MSL hoped to see him play before the end of the camp.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
It's interesting though that Reinbacher is playing with Guhle and not Barron. I suppose on a back to back after a tough night it may be better to have Barron less in the spot light right away.

But heading into the season, given Savard and Guhle weren't good in the analytics department, I was thinking Barron or Kovacevic would be leading candidates to start the season next to Guhle. So this would be a good time to try Guhle-Barron from that standpoint.

The pp was bad last year and even worse last night.

But I'm at least looking forward to the personnel this year on the top 2 units:

Dach
Caufield RHP Suzuki
Matheson

Monahnan
Newhook Anderson/Ylonen Slaf
Guhle/Barron/Xhekaj/Harris/Mailloux
Guhle - Reinbacher is our top pairing in the not too distant future. I can see why management is giving them as many reps as possible togther.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Barron seemed highly reticent at the idea of playing for the Rocket last season as he felt that he had done his classes when he played for the AVS’ AHL team in 2021-22.

And yet if he doesn’t improve his game, the AHL is exactly where he ends up yet again.

ego can get in the way, he'll either figure it out or he won't. I was never a big fan and with so many incoming options hopefully, some bodies will have to be moved at some point. For now just have to hope he can get on track and progress as last year when he got sent down he looked like shit but then he turned it around and was one of our best D.

Guhle - Reinbacher is our top pairing in the not too distant future. I can see why management is giving them as many reps as possible togther.

I hope not, as we will likely need a lot more offense from the top pairing. But I think they got him with Hutson in mind.

Reactions: Canad13ns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad