GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Friday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Does anybody know how to pass?

A bunch of these guys are playing their first preseason game. And that is what happens when players play their first preseason games. They're rusty and their timing and aims are off.

And then you see that it's Armia and Gallagher, and they're timing and aim are off when their in mid-season form. So imagine them in their first preseason game.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I mean we're all complaining ad nausea about Gallagher but it's a scary situation. I mean, he's f***ing awful. He never had much of a hockey IQ or much of a shot so I don't know how he adjusts his game now that he's lost his quickness and whatever is left of his jam and strength.
Bergevin should never ever GM again. That contract should be held up before anyone ever considers it again.
So what do habs do? can't buy it out now and can't trade without attaching multiple 1sts.

tbh his body is broken.

He will probably put himself on LTIR soon enough.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
All the vets on offence look bad. Armia, Gally, Evans…they suck man. Those vets won’t have any trade value ever, so why play them over overperformers like Roy or even Beck.

Also Mailloux > Barron for me…would start him.

Armia and Gallagher have had negative value for a while now....Evans is probably worth where he was drafted...7th rounder

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hugo's Hot takes through 2:

Barron ain't making the team, Mailloux has looked better - bigger, more confident but also needs time in the AHL to learn how to play better in his own zone.
Armia sucks.
Ylonin ain't making the team either.
I'd actually keep Parker jones around. Play him with pezzetta and Evans on a 4th line.
Primeau looked good for half the game. Glove hand too low on Knies goal, who btw, I'm jelly, as i wish our habs found a winger like him in the 2nd round. He's terrific. Better draft the f*** out of forwards with size next summer.
Arber, Harris, have both looked fine.
Beaudin stinks.
The vet group just looks lost up front. Anderson and monahan coasting (i get it)

Reactions: ReimanSum1908

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Oh I agree,

it just would have been nice to have gotten a better... prospect, in the deal.
Newhook.

The deals with the Avs amount to Chiarot for a 1st then turn around and trade that 1st and Lehkonen for Newhook and Barron. Plus we'll probably end up moving back in the 2nd round when you compare the 2nd we gave them and the 2nd they gave us.

• Wow
Reactions: River Meadow

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not saying Parker-Jones is having a bad game. But I'm curious why they didn't play Kidney in his place instead. Maybe Riley will play tomorrow. But you'd think that they'd have Kidney play before Parker-Jones.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Man David Alexandre Beauregard, I remember like it was yesterday. He was a very good junior, sad story

Reactions: Tyson

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Knies is the type of ELC contract you need when you are looking to win. We'll need those too so i hope we keep developing players even after the rebuild is over.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Last 3 top 5 picks were Galchenyuk, KK and Slafkosvky.

I have more faith in out 2nd round pick at this rate
lol good point, but two of those were timmins / bergevin
;)

I’m sure they will ice the better roster tomorrow.

This one is a snoozefest
for sure, but it's obvious from watching tonight..it's dach, CC, Suzuki and Slafkovsky ...maybe newhook
and a bunch of stiffs up front

Reactions: Justin11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad