GDT: Leafs at Habs (Now, Friday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pearson is worse than Hoffman or Dadonov offensively Newhook is another guess.

Not much changed offensively

Suzuki Caufield Slaf Armia Gallagher Evans Dvorak Anderson RHP Monahan.

That's 10 of the 12 forwards and i could include Pezetta and Ylonen...

Newhook's play will determine a lot. We need more offense.

Hopefully all or many of the young players can take a step: Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Newhook, Slaf, RHP. Hopefully Monahan and Anderson can be healthy and their better selves. That's 8 of 9. Then hopefully Dvo can be the player that scored at a pace of 48 points per 82 games, as he did in his first year with us, to fill out the top 9. 3 of Pearson, Evans, Gallagher, Armia, Ylonen and Pez should be able to hold down the 4th line.

Hoffman, Drouin, and Dadonov gone are all addition by subtraction.

Eco

Oct 7, 2013
QC
If Suzuki and Caufield are injured , easily bottom 5

Don't see it.

Sharks and Flyers are two teams I'd say are clearly worse than us.

I wouldn't be shocked if Yotes and CBJ are worse just due to off ice issues AND lack of top talent.

And then I truly believe the Ducks will finish out the bottom 5.

And then I am going on a limb and predicting that Florida is going to be in the mix for a bottom 5, but that might be a stretch.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Newhook's play will determine a lot. We need more offense.

Hopefully all or many of the young players can take a step: Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Newhook, Slaf, RHP. Hopefully Monahan and Anderson can be healthy and their better selves. That's 8 of 9. Then hopefully Dvo can be the player that scored at a pace of 48 points per 82 games, as he did in his first year with us, to fill out the top 9. 3 of Pearson, Evans, Gallagher, Armia, Ylonen and Pez should be able to hold down the 4th line.

Hoffman, Drouin, and Dadonov gone are all addition by subtraction.
I 💯 agree , but we have no spots to give to anyone.

The injuries will tell where we are going this season.

Reactions: 26Mats

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The game doesn’t make a dent in evaluation nor decision making, why even dress a lineup that way. Best line might be a 2b line. In the best of events.

It’s a wasted game, I hate it.
I think they put a few regulars out there to not make it look completely terrible but they're definitely loading up for Saturday night hockey. This is true for both teams

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If tonight's tilt is any indication, some of these young players need to play in a lower league, that includes Barron, Ylonen.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Pearson is worse than Hoffman or Dadonov offensively Newhook is another guess.

Not much changed offensively

Suzuki Caufield Slaf Armia Gallagher Evans Dvorak Anderson RHP Monahan.

That's 10 of the 12 forwards and i could include Pezetta and Ylonen...

Either it's Caufield, Dach, Guhle, Slafkovsky, Xhekaj, Monahan or Matheson, every one of our most important pieces except Suzuki has been injured for a major chunk of the season last year.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wow... is Wifi and Guhle seriously our second duo going into the season?
But yeah, it really would have been nice to have kept Petry instead of giving him away to Detroit for nothing. He would have fit like a glove in the top 4. And if he played well, we could have gotten a good return for him.

Too bad some internet troll harrassed his wife and she wanted nothing to do with the city anymore.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Don't see it.

Sharks and Flyers are two teams I'd say are clearly worse than us.

I wouldn't be shocked if Yotes and CBJ are worse just due to off ice issues AND lack of top talent.

And then I truly believe the Ducks will finish out the bottom 5.

And then I am going on a limb and predicting that Florida is going to be in the mix for a bottom 5, but that might be a stretch.
Without those 2 habs creativity goes close to 0percent.

Just by looking at today's game we are so bad abd they are some veterans.

We barely won against ahl ottawa and Caufield and Suzuki both did good

We miss something in the line up that can win us games when Caufield and Suzuki are not producing. Been happening alot in the last 2 years.

Reactions: Eco
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad