Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You need Marner to match up with pasta

Honestly if it were me I would do

Domi. Matty. Jarnkrok
Bobby. Jt. Mitch
Bert. Holm. Willy

Sit the kids. That gives a defensive presence on top 2 lines and let. Willy feast

Probably

Gonna be

The Swedes as a 3rd line.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
He just needs to be smart and not put himself in vulnerable positions.

That hopefully will come with experience.
He's used to being one of the bigger guys on the ice. Needs to adjust a little as you say.

He had a really good game tonight. I can't think of any turnovers... kept it simple and was effective.

Got unlucky when his stick broke off a shot from a broken play.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Absolutely, for a puck mover he was just continual panic passes to nobody a lot of times. He scares me back there to be honest, that lack of poise will cost us, right now he shows AHL hockey IQ. Bourne was spot on.

Keefe having no confidence in him in previous years' doesn't help. Seems like he's worried one mistake will send him to the press box.

He was much better this season when he was given leash to play his game, and the minutes to do so.

Need this playoff experience to grow.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He's used to being one of the bigger guys on the ice. Needs to adjust a little as you say.

He had a really good game tonight. I can't think of any turnovers... kept it simple and was effective.

Got unlucky when his stick broke off a shot from a broken play.

Keefe putting him out there for a shift with 3 minutes left says a lot

Reactions: wingman75

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Domi. Matty. Jarnkrok
Bobby. Jt. Mitch
Bert. Holm. Willy

Sit the kids. That gives a defensive presence on top 2 lines and let. Willy feast

Probably

Gonna be the Swedes. It’s tough. Robby should have had 2. He’s just small

Reactions: Jojalu

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keefe having no confidence in him in previous years' doesn't help. Seems like he's worried one mistake will send him to the press box.

He was much better this season when he was given leash to play his game, and the minutes to do so.

Need this playoff experience to grow.
Scratching Lilly isn't the correct play. There have been worse d men than him

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
let this be a lesson if it already ain't. Incompetent people shouldn't be put on a pedestal no matter the subject matter field whether it be: 1) business, 2) sports, 3) sciences, 4) politics, 5) psychiatry, etc...

The bigger the incompetence and ego at the top the bigger the blunder it will be that would ruin everyone and everything

It was a blessing in disguise that he got fired !
It was kind of amazing how so many fell in love before he even made a move. One of the weirdest periods of my Leaf watching days. Just instantaneous buy in, many in the media too.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
But that’s Bert’s style, he is a chaos player in front of the net

It's been working so I don't want to change it, it is just frustrating to see how many plays die on his stick.

Bert is the reason why they get so many chances to make plays though. He provides what Hyman did by being very good at getting pucks for them.

He gets in on the forecheck, and I am happy that the line is working... just much like Hyman did, it is frustrating to watch him constantly fan on passes and lose the puck... but he is a net positive and finally spreading out the talent is great.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Domi. Matty. Jarnkrok
Bobby. Jt. Mitch
Bert. Holm. Willy

Probably

Gonna be the Swedes. It’s tough. Robby should have had 2. He’s just small
You don't touch that first line, don't mess with something that is currently great.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Knies reminds me a lot of the early-day Hyman. Who knows, he might score 50 someday - in blue and white.

Knies seemed a lot more comfortable in a lesser role in the latter part of the season. I like him but he's clearly not doing much of anything to help Marner or JT. He's just ... there. He's not winning many puck battles or creating anything. He's working hard and doing ok but... meh.

I think the Leafs need Nylander back really bad so that they can shuffle their mid lines. I know Robertson will end up sitting but he's been good so that will be another issue altogether because I dunno if you can change the 4th line either.

Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad