Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Another thing I've noticed a lot recently, and good job to the 4th line in general, but Kampf has been flying. He's also been great at protecting the puck and generating offense.

As much as Reaves/Dewar/Knies or whoever else has been playing well on the 4th line with him, he has really been the driver there, defensively responsible and he is beating guys to the puck constantly.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Robertson comes out for Willy but who comes out for Mcmann?

probably Knies. I don't think Keefe is gonna mess with the 4th line

I thought McMann's injury was more severe. Has he even been out there on optional skates? I didn't see him

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Another thing I've noticed a lot recently, and good job to the 4th line in general, but Kampf has been flying. He's also been great at protecting the puck and generating offense.

As much as Reaves/Dewar/Knies or whoever else has been playing well on the 4th line with him, he has really been the driver there, defensively responsible and he is beating guys to the puck constantly.
Him and Lafferty were the only players we had against Florida by the end of it.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
The lack of points not problem with Marner.

The problem is he doesn't have his vintage playoff 99% xGF and possession time.

He doesn't need video game level points if he's strong possession within Tres heavy hit team. The game will work itself out for us whether he score or not.

We need him to create the flow of the game like in past losses. Recipe is better now.

Popeye7735

Jan 4, 2018
Reeves may have been somewhere between decent to mediocre in the regular season, but so far he's been pretty good in the playoffs. Lets hope he can keep it going.

I've seen some people in the game thread knocking Knies for his play, but I don't get it. Sure he's not putting up points right now, but I'm really liking his board play and how willing he is to battle in the corners and chasing pucks down and take hits to make the play. He's taken a few good ones so far and he keeps going and isn't shying away from the physical play.
Knies reminds me a lot of the early-day Hyman. Who knows, he might score 50 someday - in blue and white.

Reactions: Duffman955 and ashs

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Anyone still want to talk about the last two games of the season against Florida and Tampa? Didn't think so.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Bourne makes a good point post game
Lilegren just passes his problems off lol , doesnt make the better pass.
duno what keefe does
Absolutely, for a puck mover he was just continual panic passes to nobody a lot of times. He scares me back there to be honest, that lack of poise will cost us, right now he shows AHL hockey IQ. Bourne was spot on.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Kyle is watching this game from his million dollar home with his millions of dollars right now! Must suck to be him!

let this be a lesson if it already ain't. Incompetent people shouldn't be put on a pedestal no matter the subject matter field whether it be: 1) business, 2) sports, 3) sciences, 4) politics, 5) psychiatry, etc...

The bigger the incompetence and ego at the top the bigger the blunder it will be that would ruin everyone and everything

It was a blessing in disguise that he got fired !

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
We were due for a win against Boston . In Boston. And we got a win. The 2-year losing streak is over first time we win a game against Boston since the 2021-2022 season.

Kudos to the 4th lime. Dewar-kampf-reaves line played well. They were strong in the boards, played near mistake free hockey, won their puck battles, cycled hard the puck, created chances, drove hard to the net. They made their shifts count.

Matthews with the game winner and 2 passes, he had a great game tonight
Domi and Bertuzzi were very solid and effective
Tavares scored a huge tying goal

Buds all day. The leafs bent but didn’t break. We controlled the game after the 1st period. We shut them their offense after the first period. We outshot them for the second game in a row. We closed the ranks and relied on our big guns to score and win the game for us. Sammy played better tonight and the defense played well and didn’t allow the bruins to set up in the front of the net. Bruins are soft as tissue paper. If the leafs continue to physically punish them, the bruins will be tired and get weaker as this series goes on.

The Maple Leafs have to be more disciplined and avoid selfish, untimely and stupid penalties next game. They should play with More poise and better execution next time too. If we don’t beat ourselves with sloppy execution, lack of discipline, bad decisions and stupid mistakes, we win the series.

hopefully Marner shows up next time. I know he’s still recovering from that high ankle sprain injury but we need him to play better if we want to go far in the playoffs , he’s such an important part of our offense, penalty kill and power play .

Hopefully both nylander and mcmann come back fully healthy for game 3 or 4.

Go
Leafs
Go

Last edited:
Reactions: Zacman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad