Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
It was funny watching how quickly Pasta abandoned the physical aspect of the game after JT retaliated and evened up the score by throwing Pasta down right after Pasta threw him down.

Leafs have Boston on the outside. They're starting to get hesitant coming to the inside. Nothing but whacks waiting for them there :laugh:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This game has me sold on getting rid of Marner. he is such a p***y in the playoffs. Games get tough and he shrinks. Take his 11 million and spread it out to 1 tough winger who can score and 1 top-paring D.

Matthews has been balls to the wall every playoffs series. I'd keep marner the f*** away from Matthews so Matthews can continue to grow and explode in playoffs

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Huge game for Matty, nice to get Tavares on the board who put together a nice little game himself.

Holy shit is that ever a sketchy call with 6 minutes left in a 1 goal game, but you knew it was coming eventually

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Reaves, other than the goof in game 1, has been very positively influential. Especially in todays game, he was wrecking those Bruins. It's kind of cool that the Big Bad Bruins are now the Big Bad Leafs. No doubt who is winning the physical game after today.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It was funny watching how quickly Pasta abandoned the physical aspect of the game after JT retaliated and evened up the score by throwing Pasta down right after Pasta threw him down.

Leafs have Boston on the outside. They're starting to get hesitant coming to the inside. Nothing but whacks waiting for them there :laugh:
But but but playing physical isn't important.

That was the first game in a long time, maybe all season where I thought the Leafs played proper. Still physical, but completely under control. Now, if they can tidy up the asinine after the whistle shit*, then we are a go.

* = yes some of those calls are weak, so don't give the refs the opportunity to be losers

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
i definitely think our best lineup is:

bert - matthews - domi
mcmann - tavares - marner --> defensive
knies - holmberg - nylander
dewar - kampf - reaves/jarnkrok

rielly - boosh
benoit - mccabe
brodie - lilly

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta give Reaves credit. I was probably his biggest detractor the day that contract was signed. He played a big role tonight.

Matthews showing the world what he’s capable of.

Marner a ghost…..

Lyubushkin should never touch the puck. Ever.

Knies needs to keep his head up, I bet he comes out of the lineup for Nylander even if just to heal some bruises.

Reeves may have been somewhere between decent to mediocre in the regular season, but so far he's been pretty good in the playoffs. Lets hope he can keep it going.

I've seen some people in the game thread knocking Knies for his play, but I don't get it. Sure he's not putting up points right now, but I'm really liking his board play and how willing he is to battle in the corners and chasing pucks down and take hits to make the play. He's taken a few good ones so far and he keeps going and isn't shying away from the physical play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad