Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey my Leafs friends,

Just got a chance to check on the game and really happy for all of you.

I know many of you were understandably nervous

IMG_4284.gif

But great to hear that some of your beauties found their scoring touch
IMG_4285.gif

Looking forward to seeing the highlights after I get some supper.

Cheers

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I was originally thinking Jarnkrok becuase of the rust, but he was pretty crucial protecting the lead.

Holmberg has done nothing deserving to be taken out but it probably will be him.

Robertson has had 2 really big chances and been robbed by both goalies.

Very tough choice that will be scrutinized and debatec endlessly for the upcoming 2 days
Jarnkrok really stepped up as the game went on, was nice to see because he was invisible last year. Smart and effective, poised.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I find it hilarious the Dubists running to post everytime Reaves makes an error, but disappear when he goes full beast impact mode. Joke posters, this guy has been a force this series.
I was worried about attempts to take advantage of Reaves' lack of speed, but actually he's been good at watching it since that first goal in game 1, and his hitting is devastating. That holding penalty, though... Definite reputation call.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
If Nylander is back for game 3 I am moving Marner to the 3rd line and letting Willy and JT play with Knies or better yet JT, Willy and McCan if healthy

Shelter Knies, Holmberg and Marner
They should crush this series if that happened. A "sheltered" 3rd line with those 3 lol

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Already said they dont have the offence to keep it up with us, they rely on miracles from their goalies..but we badly need Nylander back because 3rd line sucks

They had more scoring chances in their low end minutes than both the 2nd and 4th lines combined. They did their part.

The 2nd line was the only line that struggled, and did they ever struggle.

BullyHockey

Dec 26, 2023
The way Domi plays has really benefited Matthews over Marner being there. Domi passes with purpose man, pass might look pretty sometimes but he's not trying to be pretty. And the way that line plays with Matthews is awesome, I think Matthews is served having a line that plays that hard cycle.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Why not.

Our offense is starting slow but take a look at the regular season GF. We have the goals to go with the physicality.

We are setup perfectly to dominate the playoffs. I'm not ahead of myself. You're just too scared to have high hopes.
Relax, it's one game. They will beat Boston, and then even win the second round, but I can promise that neither Carolina nor the Rangers are particularly afraid of playing the Leafs.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I like this game better than last game. Papi and Tavares great down the middle. Domi and Bert. And a D that hits back.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Pasta is struggling hard 5v5 against JT and Marner. That face-off is an anomaly stemming from an odd play between Ilya and Lil leading to a face off that shouldn't exist.

The JT-Marner takes are basically gonna give Pasta an easier time 5v5.

We want this matchup.

Reactions: Jojalu

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
This isn't a power puff team like the past. Once the offense opens up more, Leafs are one of the scariest teams you can face right now.
You're ignoring the monkey in the room: the goaltending. Until/unless we get consistency in that area its hard to not be jaded.

Reactions: Strangle

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Hey my Leafs friends,

Just got a chance to check on the game and really happy for all of you.

I know many of you were understandably nervous

View attachment 857889

But great to hear that some of your beauties found their scoring touch
View attachment 857891

Looking forward to seeing the highlights after I get some supper.

Cheers
I suddenly am a fan of air hockey for two reasons.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Relax, it's one game. They will beat Boston, and then even win the second round, but I can promise that neither Carolina nor the Rangers are particularly afraid of playing the Leafs.
I would be. This is the nastiest iteration of the Leafs we've seen in years, and if they get any kind of goaltending at all, they're dangerous.

Reactions: Zacman and Strangle

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Lyubushkin makes some weird decisions with the puck. A real shame Brodie's game took a nose dive off a cliff.
He was pretty solid defensively and won the puck most of the time on the wall. Look at Lil tonight, he didn't make a clean exit pass the whole game, for me Boosh wasn't an issue, liked what he brought overall. Calm when needed.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Huge W. But we need to chill with the penalties.
Yep, but that holding penalty on Reaves was a load of BS IMHO.
I'm getting sick and tired of the Leafs having at least one penalty where one of their players is given the extra penalty after a scrum. There is no way the Leafs are doing anything extra that the Bruins aren't also doing. Keep this shit even man
Exactly, in a lot of cases it was a Boston player instigating.

Reactions: bax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad