Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 Rangers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We didn't give them much chances. Easy win by us. Clearly. They didn't get almost no changes in those two first period. We rock, WE WIN EVERY NIGHT!! :clap: OTHERS DONT! Others ain't no thugs!! We don't even need ritchie scoring, our OTHER SUCKAS DO!!!! :clap:

WE WIN ALMOST EVERY NIGHT!! OTHERS f***IN DONT!!!!!!!

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Nice win all around but how the HELL does Muzzin not get that puck down the ice at the end? Getting worried about this dude.

All he had to do was an easy icing. For whatever reason, he decides to piddle around with some soft floater. The guy definitely has his brain-dead lapses.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Good win all-round. Probably should have buried another chance or two to make sure this one was never in doubt.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
While Rielly and Campbell were the two stars for the Leafs tonight, I keep coming away impressed by Kamph and his defensive awareness. The most important signing of the year for the team.
Dermott's play with Sandin (and this is a compliment to Sandin as well) has been very good. I'd be tempted to try Liljegren with Muzz to see how that works.
Kerfoot is having himself a solid year, a smart, quick player.
Brodie is back.
A quiet night for Matthews and Tavares, for the most part, but they still manage to tilt the ice.
Nylander, imo, was floating a bit, but I was impressed by Keefe putting him out there the last 1:30 of the game. Carrot/stick?
Keefe's time out call was a smart decision.
Load manage Spezza and Simmonds, not because they played poorly, but because they played well. Wayne had an especially good game, some jump in his legs and he's a good 4th liner.

K. Miller is going to be a good one for NY.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
This team is something else. Not the best finish, but still grinded out the win. Also a little insane that we're 10-1 in the last 11 and have a bottom 10 PDO. We're winning with very little puck luck.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
5ugeud.jpg

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
GOALTENDERS as Gretzky says frequently, are the best athletes on their teams now...

Campbell is seeing the puck through three to five players....Must look like a basketball for him now..

I am not concerned with the lack of big offensive numbers..

Why, well, its because everyone on the team is playing beast defence...

Heck even Matthews has bought into it, which stuns me...

You play beast defence...You are not going to put up big offensive numbers...

THREE of the FOUR bargain bin free agent signups are playing very, very well.

Kampf is so good defensively as is Kase, they have changed the culture of the team..

I have to say, I LOVE the way they are playing...

Holl is playing pretty well and really thumping guys out there. Good to see.

The most expensive acquisition, Ritchie is the only blemish....But three out of four have made a huge impact..

Good job by Dubas...

Kerfoot is really engaged... Playing effective eye test hockey...

Btw, have to admit I havent seen Lafreniere too many times, but he looks like a three legged dog out there..

Guess his coach agrees with me look at his toi stats..

Campbell, well, best goaler we have had in ages...

Reactions: Lauro

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Love the win, love Campbell, but not loving the lack of offense. They make every goaltender look like masters of their craft on most every given night. Their offense is ranked close to the bottom of the NHL this season.

I just don't expect Campbell to be able to have a .940%+ effort every single game.

Just concerning to me.

I nitpick and complain a lot, so what do I know, they're winning games.
Bottom in goals above expected which means their puck luck is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad