GDT: Le Butthurts de Montreal at YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Get yourself some biscuts and gravy with fried chicken and get back to me with this awful take. I mean, c'mon, you live in soul food central. You're gonna take some bread with cold cuts over that? I mean, really?

Tell me you haven't eaten up north much without telling me you haven't eaten up north much, lol. Calling a hot pastrami sandwich on two slabs of rye, or a reuben sandwich the size of a vw beetle "some bread with cold cuts" is like referring to bbq as "meat with sauce". I mean, many neighborhoods up there have a mom and pop pizzeria with a product that rivals the best of most cities down here. Sure, the south has great soul food, but in general, even though the South is my home, it would be disingenuous of me to try to make an argument that the overall food comparison is that close.

p.s. we're slipping; it took 18 pages in this thread before we got to food

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Tell me you haven't eaten up north much without telling me you haven't eaten up north much, lol. Calling a hot pastrami sandwich on two slabs of rye, or a reuben sandwich the size of a vw beetle "some bread with cold cuts" is like referring to bbq as "meat with sauce". I mean, many neighborhoods up there have a mom and pop pizzeria with a product that rivals the best of most cities down here. Sure, the south has great soul food, but in general, even though the South is my home, it would be disingenuous of me to try to make an argument that the overall food comparison is that close.

Thats cause we were kicking the Habs ass with a beauty of a goal from KK and a Jarvolicious hatty

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
tout ce que font ces imbéciles c'est gagner gagner gagner
Since December 1st, the Canes are 24-4-3 for a .823 winning% over 31 games, many of those without either Andersen, Aho or Slavin.

They are 2nd in the NHL for Goals / GP (EDM is 1st)
They are 4th in the NHL for GA / GP (Boston, Dallas, NYR are 1-3)
PP% is 12th best
PK% is 8th best
Shots / GP is 2nd best
Shots allowed / GP is the best
FOW% is 5th best
Shooting % is 5th best

Raanta is 10-0-1 over that stretch
Andersen is 7-1-0 over that stretch
Kochetkov is 7-3-2 over that stretch, but has 2 shutouts, the best SV% and GAA of the three.

Team SV% isn't great though. Raanta: .903; Andersen: .907; Kochetkov: .911

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Since December 1st, the Canes are 24-4-3 for a .823 winning% over 31 games, many of those without either Andersen, Aho or Slavin.

They are 2nd in the NHL for Goals / GP (EDM is 1st)
They are 4th in the NHL for GA / GP (Boston, Dallas, NYR are 1-3)
PP% is 12th best
PK% is 8th best
Shots / GP is 2nd best
Shots allowed / GP is the best
FOW% is 5th best
Shooting % is 5th best

Raanta is 10-0-1 over that stretch
Andersen is 7-1-0 over that stretch
Kochetkov is 7-3-2 over that stretch, but has 2 shutouts, the best SV% and GAA of the three.

Team SV% isn't great though. Raanta: .903; Andersen: .907; Kochetkov: .911
Yeah, I've been typically going back to Black Friday when I look at this stuff, but it's pretty pretty pretty good. Hopefully they find the right pieces to keep it going.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Look at this way: maybe he just forgot who said it and couldn't be bothered to look it up.

Also: yes. It's a message board. Shit talking is literally its entire purpose.

Exactly "southern cooking" is grease and flour. So much authentic national foods to eat up north that don't make it here.

counter point. middle eastern food all tastes like an armpit. now Korean food....that's the good stuff.....can't go wrong with Bulgogi.

amidoinitrite?

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Might be thinking of Jordan Martinook. He had one back in Dec. Don't think Staal has though. Aho has 2.

Also...

View attachment 651595
Since this new management group took over the start of the 18-19 season , here are the # of hat tricks per player

Aho: 5
Svech: 3
Martinook: 2
Staal: 1
Jarvis: 1

This season:
Svech @ EDM
Aho vs. Buffalo
Svech vs. EDM
Martinook @ STL
Aho @ NYI
Jarvis vs. MTL

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Jeez he played it, lost it, got it back and played it again all with no bucket
Late to the party but initially I can see some logic given that Fast is the reason the helmet comes off maybe the Ref is thinking "well I can call both (which we've seen done before Martinnook) or call neither" But yeah once he continues to play it that needs to be called.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
counter point. middle eastern food all tastes like an armpit. now Korean food....that's the good stuff.....can't go wrong with Bulgogi.

amidoinitrite?
Maybe but you have German, real Italian, a bunch of different Asian styles, all kinds of stuff from Europe (Polish, Swedish, ect. ect.) made by people who either lived there or their parents lived there. A perfect example is in Cleveland there is a place called the west side market. A lot of it is fresh meats and veggies but there is a Gyro shop that makes nothing but Gyros and they are Greek people, the best Gyros you will ever have (they were featured on Man vrs Food, not as one of the challenges but if you are in Cleveland you have to have one of these) The pastry shops in there have old family recipes from different places. It just so much better, to have real authentic foreign food.

You also have a lot of "Little" cities up north (little Italy, Little China, ect.) and everything you will get there is authentic old world.

Check it out

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Maybe but you have German, real Italian, a bunch of different Asian styles, all kinds of stuff from Europe (Polish, Swedish, ect. ect.) made by people who either lived there or their parents lived there. A perfect example is in Cleveland there is a place called the west side market. A lot of it is fresh meats and veggies but there is a Gyro shop that makes nothing but Gyros and they are Greek people, the best Gyros you will ever have (they were featured on Man vrs Food, not as one of the challenges but if you are in Cleveland you have to have one of these) The pastry shops in there have old family recipes from different places. It just so much better, to have real authentic foreign food.

You also have a lot of "Little" cities up north (little Italy, Little China, ect.) and everything you will get there is authentic old world.

Check it out

That's all well and good but why do you need that when you have White Castle and Sister's Chicken?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Look at this way: maybe he just forgot who said it and couldn't be bothered to look it up.

Also: yes. It's a message board. Shit talking is literally its entire purpose.
I don't know what you're talking about, my comments always age like fine wine.

You know, fine wine after it's been drunk and, er, processed.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
New roster rule(s):
**for avoidering favorites

(1) Top liners who do not score 1 goal/3 games get moved to 2nd line
(2) 2nd liners who do not score 1 goal/4 games get moved to 3rd line
(3) Staal must shoot at least 2 shots into the goalies chest/game or is demoted to goaltender (he's never getting demoted)
(00) Other forwards must score 1 goal/5 games ore be moved to Dmens
(4) 4th liners who score 1 goal/4 games go in pp1
(5) D-men who score 1 goal/5 games get promoted to top line wingers
(6) Forwards can can't out skate a turtle will play on Staal's wing
(7) Goalies who can make 2 line passes are moved to to assist the breakout
(8) Goalies who are hurt will break back into the lineup on the 4th line
(00) Wingers who outscore centers get moved to C
(000) Best dressed player plays goal. Tiebreaker is who got more sleep last night.

New starting lineup:

Noesen - Aho - Skjei
Stastny - Staal - Pesce
Martinook - Necas - Burns
Anderson - Fast - Raanta

Slavin - Stepan
Jarvis - Chatfield
Svechnikov - Kochetkov

Kokomiami

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

I live in DC, which is really just part of the Northeast megalopolis, and have been 'up north' for most of my adult life at this point. Lots of great cuisines available, but I'll still stack southern food up against any one of them. A good sandwich is still a sandwich. I love a good rueben as much as anyone, but that's hardly all we're talking about there. When people from New Jersey brag about their hoagie culture, that's f***ing cold cuts on cold bread. Seriously, they and PA argue about Sheetz or Wawa. Slightly elevated gas station food is their idea of food culture. When people from New England brag about their special Italian grinders, that's f***ing cold cuts on cold bread. Cheesesteaks are hot, and they're great, but it's still a f***ing sandwich served with french fries. A lot of northern 'local delicacies' are just somewhat above average cold cuts. There are exceptions (like Buffalo Wings, but let's be honest, the original sauce is just 50/50 Franks and butter and is replicated at every chain in the country) but when you put them up against barbecue or soul food- just no.

There are pockets of truly great local food culture like Jewish delis or the North End in Boston, but those are pockets. Overall, the food culture has nothing on the south's barbecue joints and soul food.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I live in DC, which is really just part of the Northeast megalopolis, and have been 'up north' for most of my adult life at this point. Lots of great cuisines available, but I'll still stack southern food up against any one of them. A good sandwich is still a sandwich. I love a good rueben as much as anyone, but that's hardly all we're talking about there. When people from New Jersey brag about their hoagie culture, that's f***ing cold cuts on cold bread. Seriously, they and PA argue about Sheetz or Wawa. Slightly elevated gas station food is their idea of food culture. When people from New England brag about their special Italian grinders, that's f***ing cold cuts on cold bread. Cheesesteaks are hot, and they're great, but it's still a f***ing sandwich served with french fries. A lot of northern 'local delicacies' are just somewhat above average cold cuts. There are exceptions (like Buffalo Wings, but let's be honest, the original sauce is just 50/50 Franks and butter and is replicated at every chain in the country) but when you put them up against barbecue or soul food- just no.

There are pockets of truly great local food culture like Jewish delis or the North End in Boston, but those are pockets. Overall, the food culture has nothing on the south's barbecue joints and soul food.
You are the one talking about sandwich shops. When I talk about northern food im talking about walking into a real Italian joint in little Italy, getting Polish food at a Polish food joint, Gyro's made by Greek people. Not sandwiches. Also again Southern food (sans BBQ) is grease and flour if you get it from someone that really knows what they are doing they add a little pepper.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
You are the one talking about sandwich shops. When I talk about northern food im talking about walking into a real Italian joint in little Italy, getting Polish food at a Polish food joint, Gyro's made by Greek people. Not sandwiches. Also again Southern food (sans BBQ) is grease and flour if you get it from someone that really knows what they are doing they add a little pepper.
Glad you didn't mention pierogies in Parma. They suck. Now Slyman's has the damn biggest corned beef sandwich I have ever had. And I've been to the Jewish delis in NYC and many other places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad