GDT: Le Butthurts de Montreal at YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
As somebody who went to college in one of those NY border towns- yeah. Poutine is a fine thing. The Buffalo wings were excellent too. On what I'm sure is an unrelated note, for some odd reason I've never lost the weight I gained in college.
I've never had poutine anywhere other than Quebec but people I've met from the US side of the border have mentioned some places have it.

Also, a lot of people don't lose the weight they gain in college lol. I occasionally run into an old high school classmate and can attest to that. I have myself yoyoed throughout the years especially when I didn't run or do any cardio.

poutine is stupid. no gravy on my fries.

bacon cheese fries, oh yea
A lot of foods are stupid. But taste good.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
My wife loves poutine and it's pretty easy to make if you're into that kind of thing. So I make it for her on occasion. It's not my thing. I don't really want gravy on my fries and don't like the whole squeaky cheese thang.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Just finished the game. Whatever they did in the 3rd, more of that please. Obviously Jarvis best game of the season, Would be awesome to get Jarvis and Svetch going to finish out the season strong with some confidence going into the playoffs.

If they can get those top two lines, whatever the combo ends up being, rolling in the playoffs. And Staal line continues their shutdown dominance. I think they’re going to make some serious noise. Plus bring in a trade or two, watch out.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Just finished the game. Whatever they did in the 3rd, more of that please. Obviously Jarvis best game of the season, Would be awesome to get Jarvis and Svetch going to finish out the season strong with some confidence going into the playoffs.

If they can get those top two lines, whatever the combo ends up being, rolling in the playoffs. And Staal line continues their shutdown dominance. I they’re going to make some serious noise. Plus bring in a trade or two, watch out.

Svech did everything in this game but score but that's been the story of late. Ideally he gets hot (on the goal sheet) from now until April. The good news is he's trending up, and ratcheting up the physicality.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
More like Meth Settle, amirite?
Meth Settle.jpg

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Yeah, in general, food is one thing the South shouldn't be bragging on in comparison to the North. Southern bbq is a winner of course, but beyond that . . . Pizza, deli's, Italian food, even donuts. It's getting better, but when I first moved down to the Triangle there wasn't a single place you could get buffalo wings. And it seems like half the places here still serve them with ranch dressing instead of bleu cheese (blasphemy!).

Note that I've lived here for more than half my life and I wouldn't ever want to move back up north, but if I'm honest, in general, the north has better food. Maybe it's because there's nothing else to do when they're snowed in for half the year, lol.

[Lake quickly ducks behind his couch]

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So forgive me if this has been brought up but this is the teams 5th hat trick on the season? Think we had just one last season.

Svechnikov x2
Aho on the Island
Martinook in Chicago
Tonight

Am I dreaming or did Jordan Staal get one too?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
So forgive me if this has been brought up but this is the teams 5th hat trick on the season? Think we had just one last season.

Svechnikov x2
Aho on the Island
Martinook in Chicago
Tonight

Am I dreaming or did Jordan Staal get one too?

Might be thinking of Jordan Martinook. He had one back in Dec. Don't think Staal has though. Aho has 2.

Also...

Screenshot_20230216-225744.png

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah, in general, food is one thing the South shouldn't be bragging on in comparison to the North. Southern bbq is a winner of course, but beyond that . . . Pizza, deli's, Italian food, even donuts. It's getting better, but when I first moved down to the Triangle there wasn't a single place you could get buffalo wings. And it seems like half the places here still serve them with ranch dressing instead of bleu cheese (blasphemy!).

Note that I've lived here for more than half my life and I wouldn't ever want to move back up north, but if I'm honest, in general, the north has better food. Maybe it's because there's nothing else to do when they're snowed in for half the year, lol.

Get yourself some biscuts and gravy with fried chicken and get back to me with this awful take. I mean, c'mon, you live in soul food central. You're gonna take some bread with cold cuts over that? I mean, really?

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
lol why u mad bro

I guess the scalded dog yelps loudest
Not mad, pretty amusing actually. He was right I was wrong. I’m not the old ass man acting like a preteen on a hockey message board. I’m glad first line Jarvis finally caught up with Martinook on goals and points. Which actually helps kind of reinforce the point that he’s one of Rods favorites?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
So @Boom Boom Apathy decided to basically talk shit about something I said earlier in the thread. But didn’t quote or tag me in his thinly veiled attempt to take a jab. I’m the one who’s acting like a facebook preteen by calling him out on it?
Look at this way: maybe he just forgot who said it and couldn't be bothered to look it up.

Also: yes. It's a message board. Shit talking is literally its entire purpose.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Keep ‘em coming smart ass. At least have the sack to tag, or quote somebody there gramps.
:laugh: Lighten up Francis. It wasn’t just you commenting on Jarvis and it was a joke. Now that I know how upset you get, I’ll make sure to refrain from poking fun at anything you post in the future.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

Nope , southern born and bred and you are correct sir. I love my grits but if you are a foodie go north young man.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad