LD Sean Day - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2016 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchennSational1022*

I remember this kid was the McDavid of defensive prospects 2-3 years ago.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

I have said it before but i think he will come into his own more next year and pull everything together with some help from a bit more talented teammates

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
If he wasn't granted eps everyone would be drooling over his tools.

Still a first round prospect, just not the level you expect from someone who was granted eps.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm seeing a lot of comments about low hockey iq (dumb as a brick, etc), by the major junior level, is that something that can be improved at all or is it what it is at this point?

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I'm seeing a lot of comments about low hockey iq (dumb as a brick, etc), by the major junior level, is that something that can be improved at all or is it what it is at this point?

Hockey IQ is pretty much something you have or don't.

Lots of players with low IQ have made good careers tho creating a niche of some sort.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Hockey IQ is pretty much something you have or don't.

Lots of players with low IQ have made good careers tho creating a niche of some sort.

Yup. Coincidentally, he reminds me of another Michigan native who played for Detroit Compuware and later in the OHL, Al Iafrate. Massive man, skated like the wind, rocket of a shot, hit like a truck but lacked the hockey IQ to be a superstar.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yup. Coincidentally, he reminds me of another Michigan native who played for Detroit Compuware and later in the OHL, Al Iafrate. Massive man, skated like the wind, rocket of a shot, hit like a truck but lacked the hockey IQ to be a superstar.

I wouldn't list rocket shot , or great hitter in Days skillset.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I wouldn't list rocket shot , or great hitter in Days skillset.

He's not so assertive with his size. But stylistically, I find
them similar. Kevin Hatcher as well.

Day has far superior lateral movement though, where as Hatcher and Iafrate were more straight-ahead fast. In any case, they all leave/left you wanting with their skill set.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
next season day will be the best dman in the chl im confident that he will have a good team and will put close to 65 points on a good missisauga team. He and mcleod will both be top 7 picks think he goes 4th and mcleod goes 7th

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
A lot of rumours saying he could end up in London.

Being from Mississauga, I have the opportunity to watch a lot of Steelheads games. I can see why he was granted exceptional status simply because of his natural talent, but obviously he still has a lot to work on. However, IMO, I feel he will definitely be a great pickup next year for whatever team drafts him.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Would be cool to see him in London. Maybe would give him a real shot at "reviving" his status as an exceptional player. They seem to know a thing or two about developing d-men. What would it realistically cost to get him though? Does London really have the assets to make a deal with Mississauga?

snizzbone*

244?!

Eliteprospects has him at 229, which is still insane. Holy crap haha. And he is still an amazing skater? Wow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad