LD Sean Day - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2016 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NativeHockey77*

I just read the other day that he went 4th in the priority draft. What gives? Thought he was suppose to be a prodigy or did some teams just not thing so? :amazed:

I just really thought he was going to be the first guy selected or does that show how much talent was in this years draft?

GuillaumeLetsundress*

I just read the other day that he went 4th in the priority draft. What gives? Thought he was suppose to be a prodigy or did some teams just not thing so? :amazed:

I just really thought he was going to be the first guy selected or does that show how much talent was in this years draft?

read a little bit of the thread you will find many answers

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Ok so according to the OHL website, Sean Day is 6'2 217 lbs at 15 years old.....yikes

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Was going to see the kid play tonight but I will have to watch the game on T.V. instead. Hope he plays well. Will be interesting to see if his skating is as strong as everyone says.

Langdon Alger*

Gave up a break away early.

I was at the game tonight, and I thought he recovered nicely. Real steady play, though not much flash.

Gotta love living in an OHL town - I've seen both Connor McDavid and Sean Day play their first OHL games live. Something I can tell my grandkids about if the two of them become what they're meant to.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Assisted on the game winner in OT against Niagara.

Third star of the game against Owen Sound

What he's saying is that he didn't score the game winning goal in OT against Niagara or was the third star of the game against Owen Sound so Sean Day is now a bust :sarcasm:

shello

Mar 5, 2011
NYC
Already picked up 2 points in 3 games. How has he looked so far?

Other than a few small turnovers played great tonight. Really controlled the tempo for when he was on, slick passes, didn't really have any shots, but his rushing ability and the way he gets by people is absurdly good. Writing a post for a website today, so will post more later on.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

anyone have a clip or video of him in Miss. jersey and stuff? curious to see how he looks

WhoisJohnGalt

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Other than a few small turnovers played great tonight. Really controlled the tempo for when he was on, slick passes, didn't really have any shots, but his rushing ability and the way he gets by people is absurdly good. Writing a post for a website today, so will post more later on.
I agree he had probably his best game so far. Picked up the physical play in his own end and handed out a couple of pretty good checks on the boards. He did get one pretty good scoring chance in the second period but the Bulls goalie made a great glove save up high to deny him.

WhoisJohnGalt

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
On the whole it looks like the team has a pretty good collection of players. The new additions look good so far. They are scoring enough goals and don't seem to give up late when they are down.
The one big hole is their PK, just not good at getting the puck out nor tangling up players standing in front of the net. Many of the PP goals they have given up have been from a player on top of the crease. Either they need to fix this fast or stop taking penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad