LD Owen Power - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2021 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
HC has finally shifted gears on bringing in pre-draft eligibles. As recently as last year we saw that with Drysdale. He is well up on their radar and he's clearly better than Guhle and Schneider, one of whom will surely be on the team.

Your hypothetical is reasonable, but them inviting him to camp instead of Clarke speaks volumes about how they feel about his game/potential. They weren't bringing this kid in to cut him and give him the whoopsies invite back once he's on his ELC.

inviting him to camp and him being there is different. They have to like him sooo much that they can override what they are looking at in the players who are at camp vs giving him a spot on the team as if he missed camp and going by footage from at yost arena.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
some of them go through BCHL then college.

That’s true, but USHL is a better league and he’s from a lot closer to Chicago than British Columbia. Chicago has been able to draw some big names from Canada recently. Adam Fantili also from Ontario signed with them, and will play for Michigan next year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This isn’t true

I'd assume that Hockey Canada, reporting a day after those comments, received word

I'd take the more recent update from Hockey Canada as having much, much more weight than an interview with Corey Pronman

He either wasn't released at all, or HC want's guys who will be there for the entirety of camp rather than those who will be released late.

“After ongoing discussions with the University of Michigan, Hockey Canada has been informed that Owen Power will not be released to participate in Canada’s National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp on Nov. 16," said Hockey Canada's Scott Salmond in a statement. "We understand this year’s World Juniors and selection camp are unique, but we believe the chance to represent Canada is a tremendous opportunity for any young player. Although we are disappointed Owen will not be able to join our team at camp, we understand and respect the decision made by the University of Michigan.”

Seems they were informed he won't be released

Last edited:

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Pearson knows what he doing and getting games this weekend FARRRRR OUTWEIGHS showing up early for some camp and being in quarantine.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd assume that Hockey Canada, reporting a day after those comments, received word

I'd take the more recent update from Hockey Canada as having much, much more weight than an interview with Corey Pronman

He either wasn't released at all, or HC want's guys who will be there for the entirety of camp rather than those who will be released late.

“After ongoing discussions with the University of Michigan, Hockey Canada has been informed that Owen Power will not be released to participate in Canada’s National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp on Nov. 16," said Hockey Canada's Scott Salmond in a statement. "We understand this year’s World Juniors and selection camp are unique, but we believe the chance to represent Canada is a tremendous opportunity for any young player. Although we are disappointed Owen will not be able to join our team at camp, we understand and respect the decision made by the University of Michigan.”

Seems they were informed he won't be released

Sounds like it’s coming from the University of Michigan. What a trash and stupid decision.

The coach isn’t looking out for his players best interests like he said he was. What a gutless act.

Reactions: Dominance

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pearson knows what he doing and getting games this weekend FARRRRR OUTWEIGHS showing up early for some camp and being in quarantine.

And now Power doesn’t have a chance to play in a best on best tournament for his age group, but y’know Pearson knows best.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Sounds like it’s coming from the University of Michigan. What a trash and stupid decision.

The coach isn’t looking out for his players best interests like he said he was. What a gutless act.

:laugh:This is the dumbest comment I have read on here

“gutless” for a Coach to want his player for the first 30% of this seasons games

holy overreaction

gutless :laugh:
You make it sound like Mel Pearson should bend over backwards for everything hockey Canada asks otherwise he is “gutless”

Reactions: TeddyBare

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
does power want to go? he went the college route so id assume hed like to stick around to continue his schooling anyway

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
:laugh:This is the dumbest comment I have read on here

“gutless” for a Coach to want his player for the first 30% of this seasons games

holy overreaction

gutless :laugh:
You make it sound like Mel Pearson should bend over backwards for everything hockey Canada asks otherwise he is “gutless”
I assume everyone would be perfectly fine if programs stopped allowing American players to attend camps as well? Let's not sugar coat the decision with bullshit. It was made for the betterment of the team. There is nothing stopping teams from continuing this in the future. Anyone trying to say they made this decision for anything other then themselves is talking out of their ass.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think a lot of people are overreacting.

All thats been said is he won't be at a training camp for players whose teams aren't playing. If these discussions are still ongoing, it sounds like he'll be released when the tournament starts with a spot on the roster or towards the end of the camp with a good chance to make the roster.

Why does he have to participate in a training camp for players who mostly are out of season and not playing games? Doesn't it make more sense for him to play games right now?

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Normal selection camp = 4-5 days
This camp = 30 days

Hockey Canada designed this abnormally long camp to appeal to the Majority
38 of the 47 are from the Dub and OHL.

Inevitably the other invitees not in those leagues got the short end of the stick with the length as it effects them more.
A selection camp is overrated anyways.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I assume everyone would be perfectly fine if programs stopped allowing American players to attend camps as well? Let's not sugar coat the decision with bullshit. It was made for the betterment of the team. There is nothing stopping teams from continuing this in the future. Anyone trying to say they made this decision for anything other then themselves is talking out of their ass.

Good to know a coach doing the job he is paid to do is considered gutless when he does said job.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad