LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
This guy has the best chance to be a star of all Montreal's picks last year, what a player!
He certainly has the talent to run a PP/move the puck with the best. A very fascinating player to follow. His head fakes/dekes are just amazing, he's just too good for College with the puck in his stick, especially at the opposing blue line. He eats opposing players up all the time, it's ridiculous.

I had Slaf at #5 OA after Wright/Cooley/Jiricek/Nemec, but if he can put all his tools together, I could see him turn into a Nichushkin/Wilson hybrid which, while maybe not an "all-star", is certainly a very, very good and rare type of player. That assist (4min01s) against Calgary show a glimpse of the kind of player he could become, a force down-low.

To me Slaf problem is hockey IQ, I hope to be proven wrong.

Anyways, back to Hutson, if he can put some weight, get more explosion in his first few steps and improve his defense on the rush/gap control, he could certainly become a superstar.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Slafs is nothing like either player. He is not defensively minded nor does he have an ounce of physicality. He is... large.
He has some physicality, but I agree that he's absolutely lost defensively and people who think he'll be some Selke level defensive player are out to lunch.

As for Hutson, was my favorite player for Team USA at u-18s even over Cooley and thus far, he's been living up to expectations.

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Where does he play next year?

I haven't watched him play but it certainly appears that he can control the game at the NCAA level. Does he stay another year to get stronger or do they bring him to the AHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad