LD K'Andre Miller (2018, 22nd, NYR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thats what Ive been saying for a while but people kept telling me how much better Bode Wilde and M.Samuelsson were... :laugh:

I don’t understand your point. Are those players not tall and heavy? They were better than Miller at the NTDP. It’s not unrealistic that they could be better NHL’ers, and I think they will be.

But I’m a Rangers fan, so hopefully I’m wrong. Some of these prospect threads don’t give you a good picture of a players development. You see only positive posts in this thread. There’s not much mention that Miller had a mediocre WJC, his scoring dried up late on in the season and his season wasn’t as impressive as the point totals indicated. If you only went by point totals, you’d think he was one of the best defensemen in the NCAA, but he wasn’t from what I saw.

Definitely a good season for Miller, but he’s still far from a finished product. His offense is still mostly free points from being big, a great skater and playing on the PP. Does he have the offensive skill to be a consistent point scorer in the NHL? His defense is also far from lock down. He’s improved his defending when inside his own zone, but still has questionable defending in transition and decision making in breaking out the puck or directly causing offense for the other team with bad pinches and positioning when his team has the puck.

It’s good that he’s going back to Wisconsin, and hopefully he can continue rounding out his game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don’t understand your point. Are those players not tall and heavy? They were better than Miller at the NTDP. It’s not unrealistic that they could be better NHL’ers, and I think they will be.

But I’m a Rangers fan, so hopefully I’m wrong. Some of these prospect threads don’t give you a good picture of a players development. You see only positive posts in this thread. There’s not much mention that Miller had a mediocre WJC, his scoring dried up late on in the season and his season wasn’t as impressive as the point totals indicated. If you only went by point totals, you’d think he was one of the best defensemen in the NCAA, but he wasn’t from what I saw.

Definitely a good season for Miller, but he’s still far from a finished product. His offense is still mostly free points from being big, a great skater and playing on the PP. Does he have the offensive skill to be a consistent point scorer in the NHL? His defense is also far from lock down. He’s improved his defending when inside his own zone, but still has questionable defending in transition and decision making in breaking out the puck or directly causing offense for the other team with bad pinches and positioning when his team has the puck.

It’s good that he’s going back to Wisconsin, and hopefully he can continue rounding out his game.

Perfect example of someone being a fan of his opinion more than his own team. Jesus, talk about reaching just to validate his own opinion.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Miller has all sorts of tools, but is the sort of guy you shouldn't rush. WI should be good this year, which will help. This year in college, then another in the AHL is likely the minimum time he will need before he plays regularly in the NHL. Nothing wrong with that. Rushing young Dmen to the NHL is never a good thing, especially latecomers to the position like K'Andre.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Poster PB is going to Poster PB.

And LOL his defense in transition is probably his strongest suit and his defense in his own zone is what needs the work.

He had 5 points in 7 and change games (got hurt in the last one) after the WJC. It's not the torrid pace that he was on before, but it hardly "dried up." Over a full season, thats about a 25-30 point year which is excellent for a freshman defenseman on a team that didn't have a ton of offensive talent.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Poster PB is going to Poster PB.

And LOL his defense in transition is probably his strongest suit and his defense in his own zone is what needs the work.

He had 5 points in 7 and change games (got hurt in the last one) after the WJC. It's not the torrid pace that he was on before, but it hardly "dried up." Over a full season, thats about a 25-30 point year which is excellent for a freshman defenseman on a team that didn't have a ton of offensive talent.

If it were Rykov with an equivalent season in the KHL he'd be the best D-man ever. Dude's a self-promoter and nothing else. Most see through his bullshit and that's why he (thankfully) doesn't post on HFNYR anymore.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

I watched like 80%+ of Miller's games at Wisconsin last year, you can find what I was live posting during those games in the Miller threads on the Rangers boards, and I think you're way off base on these

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I watched like 80%+ of Miller's games at Wisconsin last year, you can find what I was live posting during those games in the Miller threads on the Rangers boards, and I think you're way off base on these
I shook my head reading most of what they wrote. You can tell they haven't watched him play for maybe more than a couple games.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

If he's as good as you think, why's he not going to play in the NHL next season?

I think you might be confusing your fandom and your opinion of his potential with production.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
If he's as good as you think, why's he not going to play in the NHL next season?
Because he still has plenty of things he needs to work on, again, I've posted on what I've seen (what he's doing well, what he needs to improve to become an NHL player) from game to game at length and I've told you where that is, you're free to go and find it. But to say "His offense is still mostly free points from being big, a great skater and playing on the PP" and "still has questionable defending in transition and decision making in breaking out the puck" is objectively false.

I think you might be confusing your fandom and your opinion of his potential with production.
And are you kidding me with this?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Cale Makar, the top defensive prospect in the game, played two seasons at the NCAA level. Q Hughes played two seasons at Michigan. What a silly question to ask.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cale Makar, the top defensive prospect in the game, played two seasons at the NCAA level. Q Hughes played two seasons at Michigan. What a silly question to ask.

Those aren't good comparisons. Late birthdays should be compared to late birthdays and early birthdays should be compared to early birthdays.

Hughes played his first season as a draft eligible. He's a late birthday. Makar did play two seasons. He's also a late birthday, so he was older than Miller during his freshman season. Makar also didn't play that well in his freshman season. I remember there being a lot of complaints about the team around him. He played extremely well in the WJC that season. Thats almost the opposite of Miller, who had a good NCAA season and bad WJC.

If Miller shows development in his game during his second season like Makar did, that would be great, but the comparisons make no sense. And even if you wanted to compare him to those players, neither of those players were so great their first season that you could've said they don't have further development left before they are NHL ready. Most D+1 players still have a lot of development left. Somehow Miller doesn't, according to you, but he's going back for another season at Wisconsin. If Miller was as great as you want to portray, he'd be in the NHL next season.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Exactly
Some of the better recent NCAA alumni have spent 2 years.
and there is a pretty recent list of players who left too early {cough] tyson jost {cough} casey mittelstadt {cough}

Reactions: Digitalbooya

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Those aren't good comparisons. Late birthdays should be compared to late birthdays and early birthdays should be compared to early birthdays.

Hughes played his first season as a draft eligible. He's a late birthday. Makar did play two seasons. He's also a late birthday, so he was older than Miller during his freshman season. Makar also didn't play that well in his freshman season. I remember there being a lot of complaints about the team around him. He played extremely well in the WJC that season. Thats almost the opposite of Miller, who had a good NCAA season and bad WJC.

If Miller shows development in his game during his second season like Makar did, that would be great, but the comparisons make no sense. And even if you wanted to compare him to those players, neither of those players were so great their first season that you could've said they don't have further development left before they are NHL ready. Most D+1 players still have a lot of development left. Somehow Miller doesn't, according to you, but he's going back for another season at Wisconsin. If Miller was as great as you want to portray, he'd be in the NHL next season.
No one has said this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad