LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Finally someone who owns brains and the ability to think logically in here.
Aron Kiviharju is only 17 yrs old and nobody can't know yet how good he'll be
in 5-10 years when he's got more experience of men's games and matured physically.

Lets give Kiviharju all time he what needs before making any statements.
What kind of mumbo jumbo are you writing in here? Do you believe your own BS? No franchise, no one! Will give him 10 years to develop nor 8 nor even 7 perhaps.
If he isn't good enough at 23 then it's very likely he will never be become good enough.

Most likely he should be good enough in 2-4 years time, 5 at tops. Otherwise he will become a fill out player.
And honestly, he has been thought as the next Heiskanen. Something Finland desperately needs. Not a 4th or seventh rounder, that's not what we are discussing here.
So don't play a dumbass and lower the level of this debate please. Step up your game.

It's not like Laine, Aho, Granlund, Barkov or others were playing checking line minutes and in the PK more than the PP!?
For f*ck sakes, try to be a bit more serious before you come with your typical harangues.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
The issue is that you and all your Finnish counterparts hyped him up as a generational prospect and a can’t miss prospect. All thats happening is that we are finding out he isn’t that. He could still be an NHL player, and he will still get drafted, but he is not the generational player that all of you hyped him up to be.
Can you show me where and when i'm hyped Aron Kiviharju?
Make sure this was first and last time when you try re-write my comments.
Have a nice new week. Bye.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Are you here to discuss Aron Kiviharju or finnish posters? Find a different thread to troll pls
Go to the 13th page , 19 months ago where I said he was a bad skater and was basically told I was an idiot and didnt know what I was talking about. Its the same old story with Finnish pisters, to be honest. Can’t take any criticism and then hide when they are wrong.

Flash forward 19 months, whats the main thing holding him back?

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Go to the 13th page , 19 months ago where I said he was a bad skater and was basically told I was an idiot and didnt know what I was talking about. Its the same old story with Finnish pisters, to be honest. Can’t take any criticism and then hide when they are wrong.

Flash forward 19 months, whats the main thing holding him back?
I'm Finnish and I wrote the exact same thing and probably before you.

No one gives a sh*t about your black or white perspective regarding Finnish posters. Just let it go man and move forward.

There are players that can establish themselves a career without being the best skaters. Tolvanen, Granlund, Mark Stone, Tavares, Lundell and a lot of others. Teräväinen wasn't the best skater nor the biggest one out there, but he still had some other tools and I would claim he has managed himself and so far had quite the career.

Yeah, Kiviharju struggles with some aspects of the game like skating and physicality but he has other interesting abilities that are perhaps even more crucial in the longer run.
And yeah, he's still only 17.
You are writing him off like he would be Julius Honka or Juolevi and that's impossible because of his age.

Last but not least, what is your problem? Do you believe you are the smartest in here? Or do you just enjoy to see future prospects fail? Because of what? Finnish posters? Okay man.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I'm Finnish and I wrote the exact same thing and probably before you.

No one gives a sh*t about your black or white perspective regarding Finnish posters. Just let it go man and move forward.

There are players that can establish themselves a career without being the best skaters. Tolvanen, Granlund, Mark Stone, Tavares, Lundell and a lot of others. Teräväinen wasn't the best skater nor the biggest one out there, but he still had some other tools and I would claim he has managed himself and so far had quite the career.

Yeah, Kiviharju struggles with some aspects of the game like skating and physicality but he has other interesting abilities that are perhaps even more crucial in the longer run.
You are writing him off like he would be Julius Honka or Juolevi and that's impossible because of his age.

Last but not least, what is your problem? Do you believe you are the smartest in here? Or do you just enjoy to see future prospects fail? Because of what? Finnish posters? Okay man.
I got scolded by Finnish posters because I said he could be a Spurgeon-like player lol. I wrote him off as a generational sure fire first overall pick, which was what many were saying he was going to be.

Reactions: wetcoast

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
The fanbase is really badz. no doubt. they either fanboy over their players or inexplicably hate them. No in between.
Read once more and let me quote this section.

"Yeah, Kiviharju struggles with some aspects of the game like skating and physicality but he has other interesting abilities that are perhaps even more crucial in the longer run.
You are writing him off like he would be Julius Honka or Juolevi and that's impossible because of his age."

This literally proves you wrong and breaks your black or white perspective of the Finnish fanbase.

Have you ever heard about simple and narrow-minded individuals drawing simple and incorrect conclusions?
Let me guess, the fanbase you belong to is either good or suddenly a lot more "Complex". But others aren't?

Back to Kiviharju, let's hope he gets some big minutes and handled in a better way so that he can develop his offensive instincts because that's probably where he could shine the most considering his strengths, at least at this very moment of his career.

Reactions: just a hockey fan

just a hockey fan

Apr 14, 2023
It doesn’t hurt me. Its actually funny how every single player from Finland who you guys jazz up end up flopping. At this point its just hilarious

Sounds like its you that is the hurt one.

Go back 5 pages lol
Told you once I'm not Finnish so you'll have to find another reason to hate me as you do the Finns. And thanks for admitting you're just another one of the many sad people who've got nothing but hate and negativity towards Finnish players and people as a whole. I guess you'd prefer that no Finns get drafted, mentioned for doing things no one has ever done or even mentioned at all so your day isn't ruined? Got to be one sad person to have this much hate towards a nation, all because of hockey.

To me there's absolutely no difference between the Americans, Canadians or Swedes when it comes to "jazzing up" players. You should have a problem with everyone yet anytime I see your comments it's about Finns and how they ruined your life. North American hockey fans have really turned weird with this attitude towards Finns. Don't see it happening towards other nation's players as much

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Yep, the Finns here are the worst. Trust me, I know, I'm one of them :D

As for Aron, I think he's doing pretty fine. There's team captain, an Olympic & WC gold medalist and an expensive foreign hire in first two pairings, so there's no shame being behind those guys on a new team when you're just 17.

I kind of expect him to be 2nd or 3rd Finnish player to be draftet 2024. I think Konsta Helenius will go a bit higher, but then there's this Emil Hemming kid currently playing goal-per-game in Liiga too...

Reactions: Keke and Czechboy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

As for Aron, I think he's doing pretty fine. There's team captain, an Olympic & WC gold medalist and an expensive foreign hire in first two pairings, so there's no shame being behind those guys on a new team when you're just 17.

I kind of expect him to be 2nd or 3rd Finnish player to be draftet 2024. I think Konsta Helenius will go a bit higher, but then there's this Emil Hemming kid currently playing goal-per-game in Liiga too...
The thing is exactly how much is he going to develop playing as the 7th Dman for HIFK Helsinki?

Reactions: Svedu

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Funny watching this thread mature over the years. Still the same drama continues.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I got scolded by Finnish posters because I said he could be a Spurgeon-like player lol. I wrote him off as a generational sure fire first overall pick, which was what many were saying he was going to be.
Listen up pal and listen very closely.
You don't have patented exlucisive rights to hype certain prospect / prospects.

All posters have full right to hype any prospect if there is clear reasons and hype is desrved.
You're not moderator so you don't decide nothing in here understood?

You're bashing Kiviharju but why.
Did he slept with your sister or is there some else reason why you hate Kiviharju so much?

You're one reason why i'm seriously considering to leave this shit forum
i'm so tired and pissed about you so can you do a favor and just f***-off in here.

By the way if you're so sure about that
Kiviharju won't be nothing special in NHL then i have to say this.

If Connor Bedard won't break at least one
Teemu Selanne's NHL rookie scoring record this season
then he's biggest bust ever since 2012 and Nail Yakupov.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Ilari Melart who's HIFK's captain is not IIHF worlds and Olympic gold medalist at all.
Melart hasn't won medals in Finnish men's hockey national team ever.

Only time when Melart has played IIHF worlds was 2013 when leijonat finished 4th place.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

All posters have full right to hype any prospect if there is clear reasons and hype is desrved.

Did he slept with your sister or is there some else reason why you hate Kiviharju so much?

i'm so tired and pissed about you so can you do a favor and just f***-off in here.

You lost me after the first sentence

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
HIFK - Jukurit game Kiviharju was playing on PP. Don't know what his TOI was because Smart Puck stopped working apparently. Pretty mediocre game from him IMO. Some good plays, some bad plays. I think Kings 2022 5th rounder Otto Salin looked a lot more impressive than Kiviharju.

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

You can disagree with people but seems a bit too aggressive response, its just a forum. I don't agree with how he generally dislikes Finnish prospects but I guess there is a reaosn since they haven't been as good as people say and hype them as.

Its not that serious so calm down a bit

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
Having a deva vu with the Lambert situation a few years back. Highly touted finnish prospects who performed well in the juniors but struggle to shine against adults. Both making a questionable choice in joining HIFK where ice time is not guaranteed. Lambert has been trending a bit upwards recently, and I truly hope Kiviharju finds a next gear as well.

Reactions: Svedu

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
You can disagree with people but seems a bit too aggressive response, its just a forum. I don't agree with how he generally dislikes Finnish prospects but I guess there is a reaosn since they haven't been as good as people say and hype them as.

Its not that serious so calm down a bit
This . Its a forum, im not a scout just as much as you aren’t a scout. Not sure why everyone takes it so personal. If you can’t take a couple jabs on HFboards maybe you should step away.

I was personally attacked by Finns when I defended Jack Hughes against Kakko. Once I was proved right I gave it back and numerous people couldn’t take the heat. The exact same thing is happening now. Don’t start a fire you can’t put it out

Last edited:

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Having a deva vu with the Lambert situation a few years back. Highly touted finnish prospects who performed well in the juniors but struggle to shine against adults. Both making a questionable choice in joining HIFK where ice time is not guaranteed. Lambert has been trending a bit upwards recently, and I truly hope Kiviharju finds a next gear as well.
I think Kiviharju is more comparable to Aatu Räty. Both guys have bad skating. Both Kiviharju and Räty would be very good players if they could skate good. But they don't. It's a shame.

Reactions: Oak and Svedu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad