LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
I'm not sure what he could still prove in junior hockey when his weaknesses are elsewhere and everyone knows that.
It's not about "proving" it's about improving, and it doesn't look like he's doing that where he is. Better chance to work on weaknesses with more ice time against competition that isn't so severe that you're just trying to keep up all the time versus working on individual areas of weakness through playing.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's not about "proving" it's about improving, and it doesn't look like he's doing that where he is. Better chance to work on weaknesses with more ice time against competition that isn't so severe that you're just trying to keep up all the time versus working on individual areas of weakness through playing.
I'm not sure how he could learn to efficiently work around his physical limitations playing with other kids. It'd just ensure that his youth hockey skills won't translate at NHL level. So far it's been hard for him to prove himself with the pros, but regardless that's the challenge he needs. Hopefully he can at least hit the gym for upper/lower body training over the next several months despite his injury.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That sucks.. 4 months in draft year. Ouch.

Going into his draft year svozil was projected to be a first rounder too. Then covid and he dropped to round 3. Now he looks like he may be a steal (obviously not in NHL and could bust). Hope the same for Kvirarhu... it'll be hard to go top ten with this much missed time.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
4 months in practice huh, I guess that can happen but it's pretty curious. Wonder what the injury is, exactly.

Generally, for injuries in practice, especially if it's not about someone blowing him up with a massive hit, I'd assume questionable conditioning to be the culprit. Or maybe something with the knee.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
4 months in practice huh, I guess that can happen but it's pretty curious. Wonder what the injury is, exactly.

Generally, for injuries in practice, especially if it's not about someone blowing him up with a massive hit, I'd assume questionable conditioning to be the culprit. Or maybe something with the knee.
Could have been a freak incident. Caught an edge and landed awkwardly, etc. Seems like a lengthy injury so I doubt it was a tweaked hamstring or something you would attribute to conditioning.

As much as everyone hates me here, I will now go on record to say that Kiviharju is now the dark horse of the draft. He will be very underscouted. Seems like someone the Rangers would take a shot on

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Could have been a freak incident. Caught an edge and landed awkwardly, etc. Seems like a lengthy injury so I doubt it was a tweaked hamstring or something you would attribute to conditioning.

As much as everyone hates me here, I will now go on record to say that Kiviharju is now the dark horse of the draft. He will be very underscouted. Seems like someone the Rangers would take a shot on

Hate is a strong word and I both believe and hope that no one in here hates you. We type some comments and opinions here and sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't, it stays there.

Racists and other people who want to limit their and others lives hate. Reasonably smart people don't.

Also, I wanna add that I find your last sentences quite interesting. Even if it's speculations it will be exciting to see if you will have right on this one.

Reactions: wetcoast

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Most overhyped pre-draft prospect, ever?
No, far from it. But I guess your lack of history and knowledge is just as big as you think he's overhyped.

I almost get the feeling you enjoyed this, a prospect getting injured so you can act like a smart*ss for now? Good for you, or actually, pretty embarrassing.

Reactions: Czechboy

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
No, far from it. But I guess your lack of history and knowledge is just as big as you think he's overhyped.

I almost get the feeling you enjoyed this, a prospect getting injured so you can act like a smart*ss for now? Good for you, or actually, pretty embarrassing.
who else trumps it then?

Give me some names and I’ll let you know why Kiviharju has Been more overhyped

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
who else trumps it then?

Give me some names and I’ll let you know why Kiviharju has Been more overhyped
I'll try with Lafreniere. But I still have hope for Lafreniere

About Kiviharju, I think he is a kid who matured very young, years ago he sounded like a veteran in interviews. Two serious injuries at a young age are pretty devastating for his future. I also think he has used incorrectly for a long time, Liiga is not the correct place to develop a small defenseman who needs to learn how to perfect his offense and skating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svedu

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
absurd comparison, hype around Granlund was like he was the second coming of Jesus, that around kabanov was nowhere close.

I remember different. Granlund was not hyped to be 1st overall, Kabanov was, and he was "literally new Ovechkin"

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I remember different. Granlund was not hyped to be 1st overall, Kabanov was, and he was "literally new Ovechkin"
Kabanov was never hyped to be the 1st overall and was never a new ovechkin. I remember being pretty meh about him even then. Also you needn't be the first overall to be hyped to the heavens. If you look for the most hyped prospects you should not seek any further than Finns and Canadians. They are the most unhinged when it comes to hyping prospects.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Kabanov was consensus top 10 up until January, many had him in their top 5. That was not really the case with Granlund who ultimately was drafted a bit earlier than most rankings had predicted. Besides among Finnish prospects especially many North Americans were initially higher on Teemu Pulkkinen which aged about as well as Kabanov.

Reactions: Svedu

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Kabanov was consensus top 10 up until January, many had him in their top 5. That was not really the case with Granlund who ultimately was drafted a bit earlier than most rankings had predicted. Besides among Finnish prospects especially many North Americans were initially higher on Teemu Pulkkinen which aged about as well as Kabanov.
did you use this site then?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Even here you can find this kind of rankings:

rankings don't paint the whole picture. the hype around Granlund pre/post draft was much bigger than around Kabanov. That's the case when even AINEC sounds mild.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Good one, Toni Rajala aswell in 2009

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
absurd comparison, hype around Granlund was like he was the second coming of Jesus, that around kabanov was nowhere close.
This such a absurd claim, Granlund wasn’t hyped anywhere near that. Had practially no hype till few months before being drafted due extremely succesfull period winning the Liiga with HIFK and being a standout player in the 2011 World Championships. No one except maybe Antero Mertaranta expected him to be a superstar in the NHL.

Ffs only media attention he got prior to his Draft year was in the summer before because he left Kärpät and there was a huge deal about how Kärpät had some of the best juniors in the Country but how they all had to leave to get Liiga opportunuties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad