LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Quite the contrary. Hockey talents are revealed very early and there is a relative permanence. This is why there is such a presence of sons of professionals who were born with a cross in their hands and skates on their feet.

Moreover, Kiviharju is far from nothing. It's just a little less dominant now than it was last year.

Listening to people, he became useless. Wake up. He plays in Liiga at U17. Eiserman, Celebrini, Catton are not having fun in this tournament either.

”Hockey talents are revealed early”. Good luck finding a 10 year old future NHL star.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
”Hockey talents are revealed early”. Good luck finding a 10 year old future NHL star.
Of course. Already if you don't play hockey at 10, you have no chance of being a pro. Then the top prospects were all 10-year-old dominant players.

Look at the names at the statistical top of the Brick Invitational (Cole Caufield, Michael Misa, Daniel Sprong). At 10, Bedard was already playing with Cristall, Wood, Molendyk and Dragicevic with the Vancouver selection. And he was already the best of them.

Kiviharju plays outclassed and already plays in Pro.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Bunch of people who've seen 10 games from the kid trying to offer their opinions on his development. I consider these opinions devoid of any real value. Probably the same type of people who ragged on Heiskanen during his underwhelming U20 showings.

Will be interesting to see how he does next year in Liiga, going to try to actually watch the kid play to form an opinion.

To the size discussion, height of NHL points leaders amongst Dmen;

6'0
6'0
5'10
6'6
6'0
6'3
6'1
5'11
5'11
6'0

Most of these are not big players. I find it amazing that the size stuff is still a topic of discussion in 2023 and people act like the 3-4 cm difference in height is what's going to make or break this guys or anyone elses career.

Last edited:

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Drafted him into my keeperpool in 2019. Very happy for him to still be considered a 1st round talent. Thanks to ALL the Fin posters here. I picked Vinni the following year.

Reactions: Nate070

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Bunch of people who've seen 10 games from the kid trying to offer their opinions on his development. I consider these opinions devoid of any real value. Probably the same type of people who ragged on Heiskanen during his underwhelming U20 showings.

Will be interesting to see how he does next year in Liiga, going to try to actually watch the kid play to form an opinion.

To the size discussion, height of NHL points leaders amongst Dmen;

6'0
6'0
5'10
6'6
6'0
6'3
6'1
5'11
5'11
6'0

Most of these are not big players. I find it amazing that the size stuff is still a topic of discussion in 2023 and people act like the 3-4 cm difference in height is what's going to make or break this guys or anyone elses career.
Yes ridiculous. Especially since Kiviharju, in the youth categories, has developed with a QB style. He makes the game from the back. A style not easy to transpose among the Seniors at 17 but how not to imagine him in this role there on a PP.

More and more, we are going towards defenses with a destroyer and a torchbearer. As in Soccer with the role of n°6 and that of n°8.

Besides, defender/attacker makes no sense. It would be more appropriate to speak back/forward.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure what you are getting at. I was here when Fins were screaming at me that Kakko was way better than Jack Hughes and also when they told me Laine would have an 80 goal rookie season and be the greatest gosl scorer of sll time. Sounds like you are new here and not up to speed

What does these have to do with Lambert playing up to his potential now?

& sure Finnish fans legit thought Laine sas scoring 80 as a rookie…..
Laine also was one of the best goal scorers in the entire league at 18-19y, he just didn’t developed later as hoped but he absolutely produced top tier numbers for 18-19y old

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
What does these have to do with Lambert playing up to his potential now?

& sure Finnish fans legit thought Laine sas scoring 80 as a rookie…..
Laine also was one of the best goal scorers in the entire league at 18-19y, he just didn’t developed later as hoped but he absolutely produced top tier numbers for 18-19y old
If he was playing up to his potential as a 15/16 year old he would be in the NHL right now

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he was playing up to his potential as a 15/16 year old he would be in the NHL right now

Zero players from this draft played a full season in the NHL and how hard it is to understand that currently he is playing to his potential?
Currently

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Zero players from this draft played a full season in the NHL and how hard it is to understand that currently he is playing to his potential?
Currently
Your missing my point and I’ve repeated it multiple times. At 15/16 Finns were touting him as the next surefire can’t miss superstar. Surefire can’t miss superstars go to the NHL at 18. Hes had a great season but isnt what he was projected to be a couple years pre draft. Neither are Shane Wright or Savoie

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Your missing my point and I’ve repeated it multiple times. At 15/16 Finns were touting him as the next surefire can’t miss superstar. Surefire can’t miss superstars go to the NHL at 18. Hes had a great season but isnt what he was projected to be a couple years pre draft. Neither are Shane Wright or Savoie
Maybe, but Kiviharju has only recently turned 17 and will be 18 and also drafted only next year. So lets still see the next season before saying what he will be as an 18 year old.

just a hockey fan

Apr 14, 2023
Because its super annoying when Finns blast it in everyone else’s face and tell everyone else they are wrong and dont know what they are talking about. All you have to do is read earlier in this thread for proof. That guy has unshockingly gone radio silent.

Also the Kakko vs Hughes threads were an absolute treat if anyone remembers those.
So being a fan is annoying? Or only when it's Finns? Interesting reasoning, but makes you feel good I guess so go for it. Could say the same about you people who "blast it in everyone else's face" and tell people how shitty a player is and how It's only the fault of Finnish people for simply saying that "hey this prospect is doing things as a 15-17yo that we just don't see" right? And you're still acting like only Finnish people have talked about Kiviharju, when plenty of North American "scouts", analysts, experts etc say the same and more. I've seen the same things said about Kiviharju by people who's jobs are scouting and prospects as a whole. No one hates them or mentions them at all. Actually now that I think about it I've seen more positive and "hyping" from said North Americans when it comes to Kiviharju. But here people are trashing him and a country like crazy.

And I don't have to do anything because I'm not bothered by Finns. What's annoying to me is the crusade that certain people here have towards Finnish people and players that I just don't see towards anyone else. Always have to bring the negativity, insults, disrespect and other unnecessary negativity.

just a hockey fan

Apr 14, 2023
Who blast for them if it's not us? Heiskanen was beast 2 seasons before he was drafted and NA prospect media woke up on him like 2 months before draft. The thing is hockey is very NA centric and if prospect choses to play in NA over EU he has better chance to get drafted high even if he would not developed at all in that season.

And that Kakko and Hughes example is always hilarious to read. People on this boards don't really watch potential, they are just watching how good prospects are now and that's why Kakko was so hyped cause he deserved all that hype among FANS. He was and still is most dominant draft year player i've seen in Finland.

Lambert was also very hyped with Wright and Savoie. There is narrative that Lambert sucks etc but how has Wright and Savoie done on those Disappointment.

Kiviharju's hype leaned too much on "maybe he will grow"
The solution is to never talk about exceptional prospects of course. Why should anyone mention when a Finnish player is so ahead of his own age group and couple of older ones? Not impressive at all and even when he plays amazingly in international tournaments it's still not acceptable to say hoe good he is.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
So being a fan is annoying? Or only when it's Finns? Interesting reasoning, but makes you feel good I guess so go for it. Could say the same about you people who "blast it in everyone else's face" and tell people how shitty a player is and how It's only the fault of Finnish people for simply saying that "hey this prospect is doing things as a 15-17yo that we just don't see" right? And you're still acting like only Finnish people have talked about Kiviharju, when plenty of North American "scouts", analysts, experts etc say the same and more. I've seen the same things said about Kiviharju by people who's jobs are scouting and prospects as a whole. No one hates them or mentions them at all. Actually now that I think about it I've seen more positive and "hyping" from said North Americans when it comes to Kiviharju. But here people are trashing him and a country like crazy.

And I don't have to do anything because I'm not bothered by Finns. What's annoying to me is the crusade that certain people here have towards Finnish people and players that I just don't see towards anyone else. Always have to bring the negativity, insults, disrespect and other unnecessary negativity.
There are Finnish posters here who will fight you tooth and nail if you ever disagree with them. Pretty funny I haven't seen any of them post here in quite a while.....

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
15/16?? I think it was more like 12/13:)

Reactions: wetcoast

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Shame that his development has stalled abit, hopefully his skating will improve as i think he'd be able to take some major steps, development isn't always linear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad