LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Why don't you like it? There's something wrong in TPS right now so I'm just happy that Kiviharju got out of there.

HIFK's defense for the next season is still largely a mystery 'cos most of the deals happen offseason. I believe that at this moment Motin, Melart, Salin and Kotkansalo are the only ones with a contract for next season. I think they hope that Rantakari will continue and HIFK can afford to go after some big name in the summer. I expect that Kiviharju will start the season on the 2nd or 3rd pairing and work his way up from there.
Last what i know Salin's contract expires this coming spring.
Nobody knows that yet will Salin stay to HIFK next year or will he leave
to Ontario Reign to learn north american hockey.

HIFK hasn't announced much or next seasons team
so lets wait and see who comes and who leaves.

TPS clearly is total dumpster-fire if those negative rumors are all true.
If Kiviharju really is HIFK player next year he'll get his chance to play in SM liiga
but then he needs to use his chance because HIFK won't promise nothing after Lambert case.

That's for sure HIFK hasn't signed Kiviharju for rotation dman or A juniors dman.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Mixed feelings about this as a HIFK fan.
I'm obviously excited about getting a talent like this but... I'm not sure if this will be the best situation for him. We as a fanbase are freaking STARVING for a championship. It's unacceptable that the biggest, richest team has not won since 2011! The GM is (atleast should be) on his last chance, so there will be a huge pressure to add some big names.

So let's take a look at our D for next year. First we absolutely need to keep Rantakari as the #1 rhd and PP QB. Then we need an elite (Liiga standards) stay at home guy with him, needs to be someone clearly better than Melart. That leaves Melart-Salin and Kotkansalo-Motin as 2nd and 3rd pair. So where does that leave Kiviharju? As the #7 so not ideal at all for him. I guess he could steal Salin's spot but i don't know how comfortable he is on the right.

Obviously if we win this year then it might be a different situation. Unfortunately i can't see them getting past that Tappara team.

Reactions: Itkonen

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Mixed feelings about this as a HIFK fan.
I'm obviously excited about getting a talent like this but... I'm not sure if this will be the best situation for him. We as a fanbase are freaking STARVING for a championship. It's unacceptable that the biggest, richest team has not won since 2011! The GM is (atleast should be) on his last chance, so there will be a huge pressure to add some big names.

So let's take a look at our D for next year. First we absolutely need to keep Rantakari as the #1 rhd and PP QB. Then we need an elite (Liiga standards) stay at home guy with him, needs to be someone clearly better than Melart. That leaves Melart-Salin and Kotkansalo-Motin as 2nd and 3rd pair. So where does that leave Kiviharju? As the #7 so not ideal at all for him. I guess he could steal Salin's spot but i don't know how comfortable he is on the right.

Obviously if we win this year then it might be a different situation. Unfortunately i can't see them getting past that Tappara team.
I don't believe Kiviharju's HIFK contract before it's officially confirmed.
But if rumors are true HIFK is also looking to sign Sami Lepistö who's leaving from SHL.

If Lepistö signs with HIFK i don't see HIFK having room or spot for Kiviharju.
That's why i think it would be best for Kiviharju to his draft year in CHL even if he signs with HIFK.

And return to HIFK should be season 2024-2025 when Kiviharju is already drafted to NHL.
Lassi Thomson played his draft year 2018-2019 in Kelowna Rockets WHL team.
And returned to Ilves 2019-2020 so why not Kiviharju cannot do the same?

Last edited:

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
Guess well see if its tps problems or not next season but imo hes stagnated in his play and seems more like a early developer now than ever still the same weaknesses as last season with little to no improvement

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Guess well see if its tps problems or not next season but imo hes stagnated in his play and seems more like a early developer now than ever still the same weaknesses as last season with little to no improvement

What problems TPS has then?
To me it looks that Sasha Huttunen is talking bullshit.
TPS fired Jussi Ahokas that's true but that's it for now.

It wouldn't be first time when Huttunen is wrong.
Autumn 2022 Huttunen said HIFK will fire Tobias Salmelainen
and new GM comes from häme area but new GM never showed up to HIFK and Salmelainen is still GM..

And what comes to Aron Kiviharju
i believe his HIFK contract when it is officially confirmed and i see Kiviharju in HIFK jersey.

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
Oh no. Is he going to be like Räty and Lambert and have a massive fall in his draft ranking?
I mean theres still the u18s but for sure hes not close to being top5 at this point even out of finnish prospects helenius has taken great leaps since last year and could easily be the best prospect this time next year out of finland

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Oh no. Is he going to be like Räty and Lambert and have a massive fall in his draft ranking?

For some people who were calling him generational the answer would be yes at he is trending out of the top 5 rather easily now..

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Yeah, definitely. TPS like most Liiga teams play very conservative hockey and I don't think it is a good environment for a young defenceman, but I also think he might have been just very mature at his age.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
OP famous for gassing up Finnish prospects “he is going to be the next Erik Karlsson”

His skating hasn’t improved whatsoever and is his clear weakness, like I said from the start. OP argued and said it was elite. In a pro game that is trending faster and faster I’m not sure he will ever be close with how slow he is

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
OP famous for gassing up Finnish prospects “he is going to be the next Erik Karlsson”

His skating hasn’t improved whatsoever and is his clear weakness, like I said from the start. OP argued and said it was elite. In a pro game that is trending faster and faster I’m not sure he will ever be close with how slow he is
I'm sure you've watched Liiga and especially U20 Liiga a lot to make these statements :D

Reactions: Ippenator

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Still top 3.

He hasn't progressed as much as expected, but if he had been born a year earlier, he would be one of the best defensemen in the 2023 draft. He remains much better than Heiskanen at the same age.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I'm starting to think Kiviharju is another Räty/Lambert. Shows a lot of early promise and then stagnates. Sad. Finnish hockey is cursed.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm starting to think Kiviharju is another Räty/Lambert. Shows a lot of early promise and then stagnates. Sad. Finnish hockey is cursed.

Maybe Finnish hockey is too far up its own ass that developing players who:

a) Don't have amazing size
b) Have strengths besides being uncreative grinders

...has become an alien concept?

It's actually a genuine question on my part.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Beating on Lambert is getting old
You must have forgotten how hyped Lambert was as a 15/16 year old, sure fire top 3 pick according to the Finns here.

It’s the same Finns every time that blast these kids stock thru the roof creating unrealistic expectations. Kiviharju is the same player now as he was 2 years ago. Zero progression

• Haha
Reactions: just a hockey fan

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Yeah definately a first round talent but not sure if he is something teams want to get with their top-5 pick.

I wanna see him show more offensively. I don't see much development there from last year. Maybe he has a huge offseason and really gains some muscle to improve his shot and top speed which will give him more confidence to take over in the offensive zone.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
You must have forgotten how hyped Lambert was as a 15/16 year old, sure fire top 3 pick according to the Finns here.

It’s the same Finns every time that blast these kids stock thru the roof creating unrealistic expectations. Kiviharju is the same player now as he was 2 years ago. Zero progression
Lambert was ranked 3rd on McKenzies's 2022 pre-season rankings.

Reactions: just a hockey fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad