LD Aron Kiviharju - TPS, FIN JRS (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
He clearly wasn't ready yet. It was 100 percent obvious 5v5 against Canada. Nor the strength, intensity or ability to skate for this level in a smaller rink imho.
Every Finnish fan who followed the game against Canada could recognize that.
Perhaps good against less competitive countries with a man advantage. Let him grow and develop in peace until his really ready.

I think it's important to consider his age here but together with Suomi, Heimosalmi and sometimes even Ruotsalainen and Malinen I found their game to be pretty underwhelming. Especially Heimosalmis and Kiviharjus. I don't know if the ice was really bad or something because Heimosalmis puck handling was nothing but horrendous at this level. Like really, really awful.

Just for this year, I have a hard time seeing Kiviharju contributing more than what Vilén or Heimosalmi can do in the PP and let's be honest, hes no option for the BP nor the 5v5 against the top countries. So probably a wise decision from the coaches. Bigger question marks could be raised for leaving out forwards like Matikka who should've been a top9 in this roster without a doubt.
I wish Kiviharju the best and do believe in him.

I might add, he showed one thing that I liked, especially for being so young. He had quick decision making at times and kept it simple and didn't slow down the game if not necessary.
Heimosalmi and Malinen were worse regarding that aspect, in these exhibitions at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lepardi

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Kiviharju definitely struggled against Canada. But also was his first game at this level. Didn't play against USA. I would've liked to see him make the team instead of Ruostalainen.

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
So apparently he wont play for tps next season finnish journalist saying that options are Hifk,lukko or outside option of canada wonder who got his rights in canada although maybe his agent is using the chl option as leverage

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So apparently he wont play for tps next season finnish journalist saying that options are Hifk,lukko or outside option of canada wonder who got his rights in canada although maybe his agent is using the chl option as leverage

For his draft status NA exposure could do wonders

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
For his draft status NA exposure could do wonders
Yeah I think if he goes to Canada he'll go higher in the draft. At this point I could see him fall victim to overscouting if he stays playing against pros and doesn't have an uptick in production

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

If jatkoaika.com discussion board speculations are true
Kiviharju's HIFK contract is done deal

Reactions: ddlennon

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Yeah hifk seems like a great choice for him and reading jatkoaika seems like tps is a shitshow
I don't trust and believe nothing what comes from Jatkoaika.com board.
So lets wait official announcement ( when ever it is ) if there is smoke then there is also fire.

But CHL is option too so lets see which team will draft Kiviharju in CHL import draft.
Dman prospect like Kiviharju will be interesting player for any hockey team.

Absolutely huge mistake from TPS to let Kiviharju go.
That will not give good signal for young players who are considering their options for future team.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Seems like a lot of drama going on in TPS. Some players want out. Coaching and management not on the same page. Physical training is too hard.

Thread

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Seems like a lot of drama going on in TPS. Some players want out. Coaching and management not on the same page. Physical training is too hard.

Thread

What a dumpster-fire.
How in the hell management and owners have allowed things going that bad?

TPS supposed to be one of the best junior development organisations and then they do this.
If the shit hits more to the fan Kiviharju won't be only 2024 draft prospect who's going to leave else-where.

HIFK's advantage to get Kiviharju is that Hero Mali is HIFK's strenght and physical-condition coach now.
Also Tero Tolvanen is HIFK's physical therapist now HIFK GM Tobias Salmelainen hired both last Summer to HIFK.

Yeah I think if he goes to Canada he'll go higher in the draft. At this point I could see him fall victim to overscouting if he stays playing against pros and doesn't have an uptick in production
Do you understand that Kiviharju already is ranked to TOP3 prospect for 2024 NHL draft?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Not sure I like this move. What does HIFK’s blueline look like for next season?

Why don't you like it? There's something wrong in TPS right now so I'm just happy that Kiviharju got out of there.

HIFK's defense for the next season is still largely a mystery 'cos most of the deals happen offseason. I believe that at this moment Motin, Melart, Salin and Kotkansalo are the only ones with a contract for next season. I think they hope that Rantakari will continue and HIFK can afford to go after some big name in the summer. I expect that Kiviharju will start the season on the 2nd or 3rd pairing and work his way up from there.

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
Why don't you like it? There's something wrong in TPS right now so I'm just happy that Kiviharju got out of there.

HIFK's defense for the next season is still largely a mystery 'cos most of the deals happen offseason. I believe that at this moment Motin, Melart, Salin and Kotkansalo are the only ones with a contract for next season. I think they hope that Rantakari will continue and HIFK can afford to go after some big name in the summer. I expect that Kiviharju will start the season on the 2nd or 3rd pairing and work his way up from there.
Yeah getting out of TPS is likely the right call, I’m just worried about his role in HIFK. But if you think he’ll get a fair shot, then maybe it’s all good.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Anybody know if Jani Kiviharju had anything to do with this move? Hopefully it's not another Ross/Brad Lambert situation with a meddling parent.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Yeah getting out of TPS is likely the right call, I’m just worried about his role in HIFK. But if you think he’ll get a fair shot, then maybe it’s all good.

I think he gets a chance to prove himself. HIFK knows what kind of player they have in their hands so I definitely believe that Kiviharju gets a fair shot. Just this season Otto Salin got 27 games with HIFK and Kiviharju is on another planet when it comes to potential so I am sure that HIFK want to see what Kiviharju can do.

Anybody know if Jani Kiviharju had anything to do with this move? Hopefully it's not another Ross/Brad Lambert situation with a meddling parent.

TPS is a mess and players want out. I don't see any kind of drama similar to the Lambert situation. Whether this move was Aron's or Jani's idea, it seems like the right move to me.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
I doubt that considering he played 21 games in his D-1, how many Finnish dman get that opportunity? Heiskanen didn’t even see a Liiga game until his DY. Must be something with the organization, it’s not just Kiviharju

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad