GDT: Las Vegas Expansion Draft/Trades

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/877735307721924609

Maybe this news can back some people from the ledge so they can sleep a little tonight. We'll see if this materializes tomorrow

I can't for Toews to get the bulk of the assignments Kruger was handling, produce less because EVERY player produces less as their deployment skews toward the Dzone, and then listen to the same people who complain about Kruger, complain about Toews not scoring enough. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So your saying our 10.5M captain not only cant carry his line but he is also unable to carry out duties expected of "Selke" caliber C?

Sounds like further damning indictment that our so called "Franchise" center was mistake to extend

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So your saying our 10.5M captain not only cant carry his line but he is also unable to carry out duties expected of "Selke" caliber C?

Sounds like further damning indictment that our so called "Franchise" center was mistake to extend

Mistake to extend Toews? Honestly stop talking if you are going to say irrational **** like this.

Toews must get his game back or the Hawks run is done. Simple fact.

Also you can stop crying because it looks like Kruger is going to be moved tomorrow.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

:facepalm:

I literally said none of that, but I'm not surprised you hear voices in your head. It would explain a lot. :laugh:

Toews is a damn good two-way center. Which is why Q always tries to match him up against the best competition, and the other team always tries to get their best D out against him.

But his deployment is generally pretty balanced. EVERY player in the NHL, from Crosby on down, sees their production decline as their Dzone deployment goes up. That's not inherently bad, since preventing goals is obviously just as important as scoring them.

But Toews is expected to score. More over, the Blackhawks NEED him to score, because in addition to being one of their best defensive forwards, he's also one of their best offensive forwards.

So if they say 'hey Tpews, we need to you spend more of your shifts in the Dzone cause we don't have anybody else that can handle top competition on our side of the red line', then the simple fact is he's going to spend fewer minutes per game in position to score.

Bergeron can carry extra load and responsibilities in Boston

But Toews cant do it according to Jaeger

....Thank you for proving my point. Bergeron has a career point total and production rates far below Toews in large part because his deployment DOES and always has skewed more defensive than Toews.

This past season he had something of a career year, as did Marchand. And Pastrnak is great. So maybe they start getting more offensive deployment from their new coach and their production goes up. We shall see. But I wouldn't be shocked if it was a bit of a one-off and all 3 guys come back down to Earth next season.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bergeron put up elite D and played in more conservative system

Again no excuse for Toews to both be woeful offensively and **** defensively most of the season. If he isn't scoring he better damn well be playing elite D (Which he wasn't)

And at 10.5M ,, Toews has no damn excuse to complain abut his linemates

Also Kane carried far more inferior talent thur years on his lines while Toews was lined up with Allstars or young stud in Saad's case on his wing thru years

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
By that notion

Eklund broke Byfuglien deal

So is Eklund reliable source to you? And the fact is Jay is already backtracking when his own claim was that big core trade was "Imminent"

Yet here he is trying to say his source never said that despite his claims that multiple sources told him just that according to his own account

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Again no excuse for Toews to both be woeful offensively and **** defensively most of the season

Also Kane carried far more inferior talent thur years on his lines while Toews was lined up with Allstars or young stud in Saad's case on his wing thru years

He had a 55% GF% at 5v5 last season. Not up to his usual standards, but still strong. He was neither **** offensively, nor defensively.

Yes. Saad, 2nd round pick, was a prodigy. The player he was and became had NOTHING to do with who he played with. :laugh:

Kane 'carries' inferior linemates in some of the softest deployment of any player in the NHL has seen outside of the Sedin twins. It's a different job, but you seem utterly unwilling to wrap your mind around it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Again no excuse for Toews to both be woeful offensively and **** defensively most of the season. If he isn't scoring he better damn well be playing elite D (Which he wasn't)

Oh really? A more conservative system? Do you understand that the Hawks play one of the most controlled systems in the league right?

Please breakdown the systems for me because you could not be more wrong.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
:laugh:
McPhee sucks as GM

He could have come out much better than what he ended up with. I'd rather have Vatanen than Theodore + Stoner. If Ducks really would have bought out Bieksa, traded Vats than be it and just pick somebody else.

They got some Futures, but they could have get Futures AND a roster to get more Ws. Watch him trade Marchessault, Neal and Karlsson too

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think McPhee got way too cute with all of his pre expansion draft maneuvering and really screwed himself out of some talented players to getsome magic beans

Yeah. If I was a LV fan I would be pissed about that cuteness. I take back that LV could be a .500 team out of the box. That's highly doubtful now.

On the other hand we will not know for years to come how those multiple draft picks will pay off. Obviously an expansion team is not going to win a SC for a while, hence the strategy (along with some solid scouting and lots of luck) makes sense.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, the "strategy" didn't seem to be going over well with the fans. They made it clear they want guys they can cheer for right now. McPhee is so out of touch and elitist though. I could definitely see those LV fans calling for his head by year 2 if they don't like what they see.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yeah. If I was a LV fan I would be pissed about that cuteness. I take back that LV could be a .500 team out of the box. That's highly doubtful now.

On the other hand we will not know for years to come how those multiple draft picks will pay off. Obviously an expansion team is not going to win a SC for a while, hence the strategy (along with some solid scouting and lots of luck) makes sense.

I think the overall strategy of building long term is a sound one. He has a whole organization to build so taking a longer timeline seems like the right move to me.

I'm not going to evaluate every move and I'm sure you can take issue with specific moves, but I'd rather put the team in a better position going forward (draft picks over several years) at the expense of a few points in the standings in year 1.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Zawaski's got legitimate sources. I can assure that. Plus, he was ahead of the game on Saad, Campbell signing to come back, and if I recall he was ahead of the game on the Ladd and Teuvo trades. His source in this case, as he reported, said a major core piece was involved. I don't think "trade" was actually ever said, though obviously everyone assumed that. If "trade" was used, then obviously it was incorrect. Shoot the guy. Even the best in the game with the most sources have misses. There have been plenty the past two weeks by a lot of people because no one actually knows for certain what is going on with anything.

BWC gonna BWC.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
How the hell do you justify a 2M signing bonus for a 4th liner with no offensive talent

Hawks really need to remove Stanley from contract negotiations

lol why do you care at all? what does this have anything to do with the roster or how they team will play? he was a huge part of multiple cups

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad