GDT: Las Vegas Expansion Draft/Trades

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We have seen it from Stanley before

Sharp at 2015 draft when Stanley held out trading him until he got better deal , A deal that never came and all potential suitors moved on

Completely different scenario...

BWC... you need to wait and see what plays out with Kruger and other moves before you can bash him. Do you not understand how all of this stuff is tied together, typically? Especially surrounding an expansion draft?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Damnit.

Schlemko for a 5th is a trade I'd have liked to see the Blackhawks make.

Maybe they can got after Nate Schmidt.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
They are not creative. It sucks, especially with all of the different things you could potentially do. However, the network they have between the scouts and the FO and the agents is unparalleled. It's not as fun as seeing crazy trades, but it's like Christmas morning the days we get Raanta, Panarin, Ruuta, Raddysh, etc...especially when these guys are so coveted and the Hawks swoop in stealth style to get them. Stan and his guys couldn't negotiate themselves out of a paper box but they recruit like Alabama football.

you won't find me disagreeing with you. my pet peeve has been on the fo of able to negotiate a contract and getting owned in trades, b/c of bad decisions.

however his ability of finding players, in other words, scouting and of course drafting, they have done a great job.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Carolina wasn't going to take another young D before an expansion draft they were already protecting the maximum number of Dmen in.

Why would they trade for TVR and be forced to protect him over better players, or lose him for nothing after paying assets for him?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
my guess is this will all become more clear when kruger is traded to vegas and we can see what he gets back.

Saad had less ppg then anisimov last year and is signed cheaper. get outa here with the saad trade bs. Dano was traded to try and win a cup with rentals. It was a good deal. We also recieved morin that turned into panik in that trade.

That trade was good for the blackhawks. You can just say that they chose seabrook over saad when you literally have no idea what they were thinking and panarin was just a question mark then. Just look at the results.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Saad didn't have luxury of riding shotgun with one of the best players in NHL (Kane) and another top 10 scorer (Panarin) so comparing his offensive #'s is laughable

Saad is better defender then Anisimov and whatever argument can be made for value of a C in Anisimov goes out the window when you factor in AA awful performance at faceoff dat and a dismal performance in playoffs overall as a Hawk

Unless his 3 goals and no assists in 11 games is supposed to be impressive

Saad with Jackets
160 GP with 55 goals + 51 assists for 106 pts

Anisimov with Hawks
141 GP with 42 goals + 45 assist for 87 pts

Saad is better player in both ends of ice and hey just for added measure he had as many pts in his Jackets playoff career as Anisimov as a Hawks despite Anisimov playing twice as many games (11 vs 5)

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Saad didn't have luxury of riding shotgun with one of the best players in NHL (Kane) and another top 10 scorer (Panarin) so comparing his offensive #'s is laughable

Saad is better defender then Anisimov and whatever argument can be made for value of a C in Anisimov goes out the window when you factor in AA awful performance at faceoff dat and a dismal performance in playoffs overall as a Hawk

Unless his 3 goals and no assists in 11 games is supposed to be impressive

No, Saad just got to ride shotgun along with two of the best two-way possession monsters of the last 10 years.

That 11 games is quite the sample size, especially when you consider he was still injured for 4 of them. :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Always excuses for AA

What is the excuse for his pathetic performance at faceoff dot?

At end of day Stanley gave away better player and made Hawks weaker currently and in longrun

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Always excuses for AA

At end of day Stanley gave away better player and made Hawks weaker currently and in longrun

He 'gave away' a 6 million dollar 50point winger, and brought in the 2C for Kane at 1.5 million cheaper.

And it's not like Stan wanted to send Saad packing. Saad priced himself off the team. His right, but Stan got good value back in a situation he was put over a barrel for by a kid with dollar signs in his eyes.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He 'gave away' a 6 million dollar 50point winger, and brought in the 2C for Kane at 1.5 million cheaper.

And it's not like Stan wanted to send Saad packing. Saad priced himself off the team. His right, but Stan got good value back in a situation he was put over a barrel for by a kid with dollar signs in his eyes.

:nod:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kane didn't need a "#2C" and Hawks could have easily retained Saad by sending off Seabrook

Instead Stanley decided he wanted to lockup longterm in future a fading veteran defender to absurd contract at price of giving away best LW this organization had developed in longtime

Sadly Stanley underestimated how much Hawks would miss Saad and his two way play especially our 1st line which fell apart without him

Also amusing that you will bash Saad endlessly as greedy but defend #19 , #7 AND #16 who at this point are simply stealing money from Wirtz with gutless performances we have seen from them over last 2 years

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Kane didn't need a "#2C" and Hawks could have easily retained Saad by sending off Seabrook

Instead Stanley decided he wanted to lockup longterm in future a fading veteran defender to absurd contract at price of giving away best LW this organization had developed in longtime

Sadly Stanley underestimated how much Hawks would miss Saad and his two way play especially our 1st line which fell apart without him
history being revisited and reworked.

everyone should remember and be truthful with themselves. every believe that SB could do not wrong and figure he was right with the saad situation, esp the trade.

this was even last yr when i argued it with a poster on this site about saad and sb opinion on locking up seabs for long term.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
We have seen it from Stanley before

Sharp at 2015 draft when Stanley held out trading him until he got better deal , A deal that never came and all potential suitors moved on

I thought you were just bashing lying rumors... how do you know any offer existed? Or any that wasn't a huge retaining of Sharps salary if it wasn't ever am existing better deal. You assume a better deal existed but assume other rumors are lies because?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

Also amusing that you will bash Saad endlessly as greedy but defend #19 , #7 AND #16 who at this point are simply stealing money from Wirtz with gutless performances we have seen from them over last 2 years

we literally replaced him with a better leftwinger that offseason. Saad has 50 points for 6mil a year. Kane has played his absolute best with anisimov. seabrook had about the same amount of points as saad. Why arnt u factoring in the other pieces to that deal? it doesnt fit ur narative?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No Hawks replaced Sharp with better winger ,, THey didn't replace Saad and couldn't replace his D game (Panarin is trash compared to Saad defensively)

Kane was leading NHL in scoring with Brad Richards as his center before AA arrived. Lets not pretend Kane's play is result of AA

Also Panarin had nothing to do with Saad. Hawks could have had both Saad and Panarin at LW if they would have not decided to throw away future on Seabrook extension and give away Saad

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
we literally replaced him with a better leftwinger that offseason. Saad has 50 points for 6mil a year. Kane has played his absolute best with anisimov. seabrook had about the same amount of points as saad. Why arnt u factoring in the other pieces to that deal? it doesnt fit ur narative?

let me ask you this, do you think that maybe having Artemi Panarin on the same line, plus he was more motivated that season b/c of the bs story of rape ???

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
No Hawks replaced Sharp with better winger ,, THey didn't replace Saad and couldn't replace his D game (Panarin is trash compared to Saad defensively)

Kane was leading NHL in scoring with Brad Richards as his center before AA arrived. Lets not pretend Kane's play is result of AA

Also Panarin had nothing to do with Saad. Hawks could have had both Saad and Panarin at LW if they would have not decided to throw away future on Seabrook extension and give away Saad

you speak in absolutes. you said saad was the best LW the hawks had in a while. Panarin came in a scored more points then saad ever has the next year. Panarin defense isnt sheltered by toews and hossa like saads was. if your gunna use anisimov offense is only cuz of kane its the same thing...

fact is bowman continues to produce teams that win while having to pay all these stanley cup winners a premium price. Why is that a bad thing?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
let me ask you this, do you think that maybe having Artemi Panarin on the same line, plus he was more motivated that season b/c of the bs story of rape ???

i think panarin most definitely helps...that doesnt make my statement false. Also no i dont think the rape case made kane play better. and i think that is dumb to think that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i think panarin most definitely helps...that doesnt make my statement false. Also no i dont think the rape case made kane play better. and i think that is dumb to think that.

i think it is dumb for not including it into your narrative. it is called motivation and plus he was prob working out like a fiend to show the hawks org he has his mind on hockey.

re the bold, it make it look at you with a perceived way of thinking, again showing that you have a narrative to proved.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks just drag everything out. I got way too excited for bold moves after the Zawaski tweets a few weeks ago. If we go into next year with mostly the same roster I will be quite unhappy with Bowman.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Why can't everyone just ignore BWC? From my perspective I think I read everyday the same things from him about Stan do that and Stan did that and Anisimov is bad and everybody else are better and Toews is bad and Seabrook is #7D and blaah.

Just ignore him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad