GDT: Las Vegas Expansion Draft/Trades

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
TVR might be moved to Carolina... Curious Chicago didn't move him themselves.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013

I'd be so pissed if Stanley pulled out of this deal because of the Hossa situation.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Stan may have pulled out because of Hossa, but it could be beneficial to the Hawks. Teams knew we were desperate and could have taken advantage of them. Now they are not quite as desperate so may be able to dump him for less, or possibly get an asset in return that we could use.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Stan may have pulled out because of Hossa, but it could be beneficial to the Hawks. Teams knew we were desperate and could have taken advantage of them. Now they are not quite as desperate so may be able to dump him for less, or possibly get an asset in return that we could use.

Kruger is a negative asset ,, Holding onto him doesn't make situation any better

Infact it makes Hawks situation worse

Stanley has overvalued Kruger and it has cost Hawks dearly and will continue to cost Hawks.

We lost Danault + 2nd and now this debacle

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kruger is a negative asset ,, Holding onto him doesn't make situation any better

Stanley has overvalued Kruger and it has cost Hawks dearly and will continue to cost Hawks.

No. He has negative value to you but analysts and the numbers say the complete opposite.

I am not a fan of holding on to him but if the Hawks can get better value a few days later then the Hawks should wait.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No. He has negative value to you but analysts and the numbers say the complete opposite.

I am not a fan of holding on to him but if the Hawks can get better value a few days later then the Hawks should wait.

That sure worked out well for Stanley at draft when he was shopping Sharp

Those better deals never came and we were screwed by Stanley's excessive price

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

How does it make it worse? And how do you know Kruger has negative value?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That sure worked out well for Stanley at draft when he was shopping Sharp

Those better deals never came and we were screwed by Stanley's excessive price

Sharp had a cap hit of $5.9 AAV and the cap was what $71 million. Sharp was being paid double what Kruger is, double. That fact makes it completely different.

Sharp did not turn out great and no one is saying that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Well, LV took who I expected they would all along. But Kruger is still here...

Maybe he's moved tomorrow. Have to wait and see.[/QUOTE

well i will pipe in ...

i will need to see what tomorrow and see what comes, but i do not like it as it stands.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well, LV took who I expected they would all along. But Kruger is still here...

Maybe he's moved tomorrow. Have to wait and see.

well i will pipe in ...

i will need to see what tomorrow and see what comes, but i do not like it as it stands.

I agree. I'd like Kruger to be moved also. But I understand why Stan would pull the deal knowing what he does about Hossa. Teams had more of an advantage making moves with the Hawks, as they had no flexibility. They needed to just salary dump someone. Now, Stan may be able to extract a little more out of him than they would have with Vegas. So maybe he's moved at the draft. Could still go to Vegas tomorrow, also, for someone they selected in the expansion draft.

Just have to wait it out.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
I think McPhee got way too cute with all of his pre expansion draft maneuvering and really screwed himself out of some talented players to getsome magic beans

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Holding on to Kruger is absolutely the smart move if Hossa is gone. You can't lose 2 of your top 3 defensive forwards when your remaining defensive forward is also a 1C expected to produce. That's completely untenable.

Your fixation on Danault remains hilarious.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kruger has been absolute **** these past two years

He brings very little of value at this point and extending him was foolish move. Keeping him going forward and further hurting team would just clarify that window of contention is closed and Stanley is not fit to be GM of NHL team

Danault is just one of many talents Stanley has lost thru his poor performance these past two offseasons

Its a move that has hurt Hawks and will hurt Hawks for years to come

This idea that keeping this waste of a roster spot and cap that is Marcus Kruger is a positive in light of losing Hossa is laughable. There is no justification or defense for keeping Kruger in Chicago for another year

But then again you will do what you always do and defend Stanley. Surprised you aren't celebrating TVR departing Hawks since you hated him so much ,, Odd that you will defend a useless plug in Kruger (That is what he is now ,, A run of the mill 4th liner with very little to offer) while trashing an actual productive NHL talent in TVR

Hawks lost one of the best players on team in morning and a productive player for nothing in evening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad