Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Hutson played well except he still has the same problems. They were on display twice last night.

1) Opposing players can beat him on the outside. Juulsen had the same problem. Even though Lane had three -four steps on a Flyer in the first period, the opponent went around him and had a free lane on the goalie. It started with a pass up the boards from Anderson in the offensive zone
2) His straightaway speed leaves a lot to be desired.

Management might just decide to send him down to the A to work on those drawbacks.
He’s going down to work on anything.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I try not to rain on parades and I don't even think I am but funnily enough when he got that penalty early on, it was pretty much due to what @Estimated_Prophet's been saying all along about skating backwards. It's an issue.

BUUUUUUTTTTT he's too f***ing good. Full stop. I'm sure he'll get burned and exposed plenty of times in his first few years but more likely than not he's got so much fight in him that what errors he'll make in a game, he'll do his damnedest to make it right one way or another.

Reactions: Andy

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I try not to rain on parades and I don't even think I am but funnily enough when he got that penalty early on, it was pretty much due to what @Estimated_Prophet's been saying all along about skating backwards. It's an issue.

BUUUUUUTTTTT he's too f***ing good. Full stop. I'm sure he'll get burned and exposed plenty of times in his first few years but more likely than not he's got so much fight in him that what errors he'll make in a game, he'll do his damnedest to make it right one way or another.
This is probably a good time to remember that Erik Karlsson has 3 Norris trophies and is genuinely one of the worst defensive players I’ve ever seen

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Hutson played well except he still has the same problems. They were on display twice last night.

1) Opposing players can beat him on the outside. Juulsen had the same problem. Even though Lane had three -four steps on a Flyer in the first period, the opponent went around him and had a free lane on the goalie. It started with a pass up the boards from Anderson in the offensive zone

Management might just decide to send him down to the A to work on those drawbacks.
Imagine sending a talent like Hutson to the AHL.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
yep hes been gone from my sight so to speak for a long time.

I don't mind banter with players from opposing teams. I don't really mind the devils trio. But there are a few posters thats only purpose is to troll/bother habs fans. Aint nobody got time for dat
Is that guy who seemingly doesn't even have a team of his own to cheer for and constantly cites stats instead of viewings, in fact a Devils fan?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hutson change everything for the future of Habs. The PP will be much better with this guy. The forwards will put more points with a passer like Hutson.

He is a game changer!!

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

Ahl lolol

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You can not "hook" the puck with side spin like that, it is not possible at such a low velocity. Pucks that are tumbling or fluttering can suddenly drop or break due to a sudden increase in resistance if the puck tumbles just the right but you absolutely can not spin it and curve the trajectory as you are alluding.

Regardless it was a phenomenal pass and I alluded to this freakish ability that Lane has to sauce pucks at all sorts of trajectories with uncanny accuracy back when he was in college.
lol hooking the puck. Agreed. It cannot be intentional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad