Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Been watching this team for seven decades and haven't been this excited since they brought in colour TV.

You can see the building blocks that Hughes is assembling: highly skilled talent surrounded by large, mobile, physically imposing players. I can't wait to see what Hughes does with those 7 high draft choices over the next two years and the cap flexibility he will undoubtedly create once he flushes out the host of overpaid, underperforming veterans from the team's roster.

Good managers/leaders are difficult to find in all walks of life. When you find one its like a breath of fresh air. The next few years should be both interesting and entertaining. The other teams should be as concerned as some of us are optimistic.
In my mind other day I was comparing this team to '70s team. Player by player. Is Suzuki Lemaire? Could Demidov be Lafleur. Peter M a Dach? Goal Caufield a Road Runner? Laine a Shutt.

Bowman coaching and Dryden with Big Three. We still another draft and UFA signing short

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

Pierre Mcguire: Who was the General Manager the traded for Adam Fox? You don't think he knows the impact somebody like that has in an organization? Adam fox doesn't have the pure offensive game that Lane Hutson has. Who had better numbers in College? Lane Hutson. They know what Adam Fox did in New York, they know, they know he won the Norris Trophy.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
No chance Hutson starts on pp1 over Matheson.
Hutson could be there at the 15-game mark, but there is no way Marty put him there for game 1 over Matheson who put up a lot of pp points last season.

I don't expect Demidov to start on pp1 either when he arrives next season.

The way nhl teams work, it's the existing veteran (matheson) who will have to play himself off the PP1 moreso than the new guy (lane) playing his way onto the top unit.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anytime you go into a new season with the 27th best PP almost no one should be a lock to return to the first unit :sarcasm:

As disappointed as I would be if Matheson is still the dman on opening night I’ll be more than happy to get wasted with my patented Matheson Bobbles Puck drinking game
We are hearing things like "The Habs are talking internally about their Man to Man coverage"
I think it's safe to say the PP and the PK will be looked at under a microscope.
Just the comments on our GDT's point out areas that need work in real time.
I've always felt that if some things are obvious to us someone in the organization also has to see it.
Now it's going to be all about how they deal with it.
Don't be the player causing the PP to break down too often is my advice for all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: the valiant effort

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Everyone's piling into the hutson hype train. Reminds me of a stock before it blows up
Most stock promotions are exactly that: promotions. Hutson's talent and skill was on clear display during the recent rookie games against the Leafs. Will he be able to achieve the same level of success against true NHL players? That is the question. Nevertheless, it is not unreasonable that many here and in the hockey world are, as you say: 'piling into the Hutson hype train." When's the last time we had a player that has demonstrated such elite offensive potential?

Reactions: salbutera

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Most stock promotions are exactly that: promotions. Hutson's talent and skill was on clear display during the recent rookie games against the Leafs. Will he be able to achieve the same level of success against true NHL players? That is the question. Nevertheless, it is not unreasonable that many here and in the hockey world are, as you say: 'piling into the Hutson hype train." When's the last time we had a player that has demonstrated such elite offensive potential?
I would only add: what was witnessed at so called “lower level of competition rookie games” was a continuation of his dynamic play vs men (21-24 yr olds) @ NCAA, and what he displayed vs Det, there’s a trend forming…

What is being missed in all this is the forest from the trees, NHL is now an American game - both CDN & US team owners only care about how to best sculpt the NHL product for a US audience, regardless whether it’s a fraction of its Cdn counterpart or not, and USA Hockey will be the mechanism used in instituting the path forward and CHL will need to adapt accordingly to survive - that path will be speed, skill and out of the box offense based strategies for playing the game.

As stated before, the playoffs will over the next 5-years resemble regular season game vs present state, as old school types are phased out of the game IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I would only add: what was witnessed at so called “lower level of competition rookie games” was a continuation of his dynamic play vs men (21-24 yr olds) @ NCAA, and what he displayed vs Det, there’s a trend forming…

What is being missed in all this is the forest from the trees, NHL is now an American game - both CDN & US team owners only care about how to best sculpt the NHL product for a US audience, regardless whether it’s a fraction of its Cdn counterpart or not, and USA Hockey will be the mechanism used in instituting the path forward and CHL will need to adapt accordingly to survive - that path will be speed, skill and out of the box offense based strategies for playing the game.

As stated before, the playoffs will over the next 5-years resemble regular season game vs present state, as old school types are phased out IMO
And not to forget Hutson's play for Team USA at the 2023 WHC. This kid is going to be a star.

As for the state of the game, it has little to do with the NHL owners. It's all about demographics. The wave of U.S. talent in the NHL is accelerating and, in a decade or so, the number of American players in the NHL will equal or surpass the number of Canadian born players.

It is inevitable.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Look at that, he bobbled the puck right there facing no pressure.

No translatable skills
JD3TImv.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad