Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm not quite clear on why anyone cares wether it's been altered or not... The cup isn't awarded for a body building contest last I checked.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What are you talking about?

You're not correct - you've provided 0 evidence that the photo is altered, you haven't provided an original photo that shows what it was before the alteration, and you haven't even come up with a rational conclusion for why it would have been altered in the first place other than "it's the internet".

Bringing in Flat Earth arguments when you are the one with the conspiracy theory of an altered photo is a bit of a lack of self-awareness on your part. You are the one who is trying to disprove the legitimacy of something that has been posted without any real substance as to why it would be altered.

And your evidence for saying it has been altered is a bunch of photos from ~5 months ago, further away from Lane and where you can't actually see his upper legs.

The only thing at play here is that a sitting photo of Lane is being compared to a standing photo of MSL, where obviously if you had your legs sat on a flat surface it will push things laterally and make things appear bigger than they would if you were standing straight up.

The photo wasn't altered, the comparison is a flawed one - that's it. No one altered the photo and suggesting that Lane did no work in the off-season to make his legs bigger than they were 5 months ago would be the harder thing to prove.

His legs aren't as big as MSL's - but they didn't photoshop the photo. You just want to keep his notion of Lane being too skinny legged and skinny-butted in conversation and alive because that is your bias and what you have specifically spent pretty much 2 years arguing.

And when called on anything you just default to being older and more experienced in this or that than anyone.

So according to your egregiously flawed retort I would also be a conspiracy theorist for claiming that the Ovechkin picture is altered. Would I be a conspiracy theorist for calling fortune tellers frauds of Flat Earthers charlatans? The "I know you are but what am I" strategy will not fly here my friend.

You have displayed a long history on this board of conspiracy level narratives devoid of evidence and brimming with confirmation bias with coaches in the Habs system. You transitioned immediately from the Houle hating narrative directly into Pascal Vincent hate by forwarding yet another misinterpretation/misunderstanding of the expectations of the Laval Rockets coach. You are not even waiting for the evidence, just a blind declaration of his incompetence that somehow great hockey men like Hughes and Gorton were not able to detect. This is what confirmation bias looks like. If a picture that was not obviously tampered with showed up with Lane having made enormous gains I would not hesitate to entirely change my opinion on his ability to gain significant muscle mass. This is what objective opinion looks like. I have been wrong many times on this board and have publicly owned my mistakes every time, which is exactly what conspiracy theorists do not do.

I compiled a mountain of empirical evidence that you simply ignored with regards to the importance of not selecting goalies early in the draft as you prioritized your bias yet again over evidence.

Stu Cowan mentioned how incredibly skinny Lane's legs were when he met him and there are enough pictures to support that. I am not arguing that he has not made gains but this picture is unarguably doctored and denying that is simply giving in to your extreme bias. You can't call my position biased when I have been consistently correct and I have also been consistent in my praise and excitement about Hutson's game. Attack my claims individually and be proven wrong but do me a favour and save the broad strokes for someone else. Claiming that because I have multiple concerns with Hutson is evidence that I have a narrative that is driven by a bias towards him failing is just wrong as you and others continuously and predictably never quote my positive takes on him which greatly out number the negative one's. Your inability to accept a balanced narrative is evidence of having a bias driven narrative. How many prospects do you make absolute declarations about that are hyperbolic and unsupported? I can tell you it is a lot.

Lane Hutson is a great prospect who has flaws and gifts that make him unique.....that is the truth and you only accepting one side of that statement is what drives your biased narrative. Stating 1 + 1 + 2 is not confirmation bias it is fact, the difference here seems to be lost on too many people nowadays. By you asserting that my observation of Hutson having skinny legs is confirmation bias on my part is objectively incorrect as I, as much as anyone would love to see him show up with MSL legs. You do understand what confirmation bias means?? The fact that you have an entirely different standard for evidence of legitimacy between the Hutson pic and the Ovechkin pic should be a red flag for you to perhaps vet your own opinion before attacking others.

Like I said, we are both cheering for the same team and the same player in this case. My observation needn't trigger the reaction that you have displayed as it is unwarranted and unsupported.

Can tell we are in the dog days of summer. People arguing over whether a man's legs are photoshopped or not

The only problem is the arguing as not everyone is interested in what is more likely to be true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naslund

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I mean, ask yourself WHY would some amateur hockey page called Gino Hard decide to photoshop such a random photo? Out of ANY photo they could choose to alter... hey lets fool everyone and make LANE HUTSON'S thighs look bigger than they really are. Yeah, thatll generate so much money due to a few extra likes and comments.

Doesnt that sound completely stupid?
Honestly not that stupid at all lol MTL fans are wild, look at what it's doing on just this site alone. This is marketing genius if shopped to stir up the Habs fans.

Now idk if this photo is shopped, but it absolutely would not surprise me if so. Everything is altered these days. Somebody needs to sneak some photos under the stall next time he's taking a dump 💩

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Honestly not that stupid at all lol MTL fans are wild, look at what it's doing on just this site alone. This is marketing genius if shopped to stir up the Habs fans.

Now idk if this photo is shopped, but it absolutely would not surprise me if so. Everything is altered these days. Somebody needs to sneak some photos under the stall next time he's taking a dump 💩
1723397390613.png

Chuck Berry with his literal interpretation of the Wee Wee Hours :thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What are you talking about?

You're not correct - you've provided 0 evidence that the photo is altered, you haven't provided an original photo that shows what it was before the alteration, and you haven't even come up with a rational conclusion for why it would have been altered in the first place other than "it's the internet".

Bringing in Flat Earth arguments when you are the one with the conspiracy theory of an altered photo is a bit of a lack of self-awareness on your part. You are the one who is trying to disprove the legitimacy of something that has been posted without any real substance as to why it would be altered.

And your evidence for saying it has been altered is a bunch of photos from ~5 months ago, further away from Lane and where you can't actually see his upper legs.

The only thing at play here is that a sitting photo of Lane is being compared to a standing photo of MSL, where obviously if you had your legs sat on a flat surface it will push things laterally and make things appear bigger than they would if you were standing straight up.

The photo wasn't altered, the comparison is a flawed one - that's it. No one altered the photo and suggesting that Lane did no work in the off-season to make his legs bigger than they were 5 months ago would be the harder thing to prove.

His legs aren't as big as MSL's - but they didn't photoshop the photo. You just want to keep his notion of Lane being too skinny legged and skinny-butted in conversation and alive because that is your bias and what you have specifically spent pretty much 2 years arguing.

And when called on anything you just default to being older and more experienced in this or that than anyone.

No, the pic was absolutely suggesting that his legs have made huge gains

I keep getting attacked by the same posters who place their bias above evidence.
Or… it’s just the lighting and the angle.

I don’t know why people would jump to “shopped!” You can’t tell much about the size of his legs from that photo.

I also think it’s funny that you point to others as conspiracy theorists when it is you who are in fact suggesting a conspiracy.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
What's funny is that nobody seems to have even uploaded the source image. This was supposedly ripped off of instagram by someone on reddit, then cropped by a bunch of other groups.

()

I don't use instagram so that would be for someone else to verify.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
What's funny is that nobody seems to have even uploaded the source image. This was supposedly ripped off of instagram by someone on reddit, then cropped by a bunch of other groups.

()

I don't use instagram so that would be for someone else to verify.

The instagram post was posted by Shutdown a couple pages back.

Have to swipe to see the 2nd photo.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I don't see why Lane Hutson can't produce like Quinn Hughes. The only truly difference is at skating, but seriously... Hutson is a very very good skater aswell.

Hutson 2 games against DET, show better defensive play than Hughes (at his debut), now Hughes is better all around D-man. Hutson have same size than Hughes. Outproduced him at NCAA in same age.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Hutson is very much going to be an "X factor" for us this season.

If everything else goes right(top 6 stays relatively healthy, young guys take a step forward, goaltending doesn't fall apart) then I could see Hutson being enough of a "push" to get us into the wildcard discussion for at least part of this season.

Reactions: Goldthorpe

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
You're arguing with what I would consider to be the first truly carbon neutral human I've encountered. A man who can completely subsist off of consuming his own farts.

vblaJN.gif
I'm not picking sides but this was funny!!!!!! TY

Who really cares how big his legs are one way or the other? I'm more interested in how he plays on the ice and contributes to Habs success.

Doesn't matter, just make plays and don't cost the team.
Edit sorry didn't post pics properly I guess

Reactions: overlords

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Hutson is very much going to be an "X factor" for us this season.
The other candidate would be Dach, but otherwise I agree.

Bringing a true elite offensive option from the blueline has the potential of radically changing our overall offense to a point people underestimate. And this team has been lacking of an offensive defenseman of such talent since Markov (not that they play anything alike).

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
The other candidate would be Dach, but otherwise I agree.

Bringing a true elite offensive option from the blueline has the potential of radically changing our overall offense to a point people underestimate. And this team has been lacking of an offensive defenseman of such talent since Markov (not that they play anything alike).
Definitely dach is the huge x factor. He was brought in to be the number 2 center. Played really well in his 26 minutes. But looking forward to a full season. Good problem to have regarding the defense though. Can use some of the prospects for offensive upgrades in the coming seasons

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
The question is whether Hutson’s defensive limitations will offset his obvious offensive potential.
He looked good enough defensively for two games he played a few months ago, but then there's a wide gap between that and being reliable enough games-in games-out and not become a weakness to exploit by the opposition.

I have high hopes but we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad