Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He’ll likely never sniff close to 3 million per year, and you’re jumping the gun to find excuses for why he doesn’t fit the timeline. The real reason is that he’s mediocre, at best, and all of you realize that we would be better off paying our other young guys instead of him.
Take the time and check some of the contract to depth dmen at the NHL level. Lot of them are paid 3 millions and some of them not really better than Harris. If he can keep being vanilla steady he'll get there eventually.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Take the time and check some of the contract to depth dmen at the NHL level. Lot of them are paid 3 millions and some of them not really better than Harris. If he can keep being vanilla steady he'll get there eventually.
This is just arguing the same bullshit ad nauseum. You’ll see eventually if your hypothetical scenarios are true or not. I wager that he’ll never get paid 3 million $.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Harris at 22 and 23 years old has been putting up a .26 ppg that over 82 games would be 21 pts, he looked like he regressed to me but that doesn't he won't bounce back as for whatever reason from time to time we see players struggle in their 2nd full season after a pretty solid rookie year from him.

I don't know if his frame could handle it but if he can get closer to 200 lbs that might help him a lot, plus improved strength as he looks easy to push around out there.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
When have you ever seen Harris make a mistake under pressure? Harris is as smart and poised as they come.. that doesn't mean the upside is anything near Hutson, but people underrate Harris' traits.
Harris will be a perfect 5/6 for any team if not the Habs.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hutson - Savard will be a perfect 2nd pair.

Hutson will be so fun to watch this year, I'm confident that he can put good numbers. Maybe in the range of 5-6 goals and 40-45 assists.

If it's more, that's a huge bonus.

Can't wait to see this gem in 82 games with Habs.

Most players don't play 82 games, but hopefully hutson can remain relatively healthy wherever he ends up playing.

It's a movie we have seen so many times over the past few years, that you get jaded into thinking that key guys are going to miss tons of time.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This is just arguing the same bullshit ad nauseum. You’ll see eventually if your hypothetical scenarios are true or not. I wager that he’ll never get paid 3 million $.
It's not hypothetical. There are lots of worse defensemen being paid upwards of 3 million. No reason he won't eventually make that much whether he is worth it or not.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
It's not hypothetical. There are lots of worse defensemen being paid upwards of 3 million. No reason he won't eventually make that much whether he is worth it or not.
Him being signed for 3 million a year literally was and is, by definition, a hypothetical scenario. There is no other way to put it. I can think of several reasons why he won’t be paid that much.

Again, all you have to do is shut up, and wait and see. If he ends up getting paid 3 million by us or another team, I’ll eat crow.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
There was a clip showing Hutson and Raymond racing down ice, Lane has an odd straight speed stride, it looked awkward.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

If he stays relatively healthy you will very likely lose this bet. Acting like a dman who is entering his 3rd full season of professional hockey who just turned 24 and is an outstanding skater with a high IQ is a finished product is absolutely ludicrous. When he is in his 27-32 year old seasons he could very well be a far better player than he is now and he is currently a legitimate NHL defender.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
There was a clip showing Hutson and Raymond racing down ice, Lane has an odd straight speed stride, it looked awkward.

That has long been an issue with him, he is quite easily our slowest dman after Savard. His other assets should be enough to compensate although he will always be a risky player to have on the ice against the opponents top lines.

He has improved his skating over the last two seasons as he was flat out slow when we drafted him. His technique is still very flawed but the kid has hustle for days and he wills himself into the race at times.

He is just too unique in too many ways to try and pin him down with a comparable as evidence to support the development that is yet to come but it is going to be a wild ride either way and I am here for it.

Reactions: Chr1s97

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
Not sure if this was posted or even if it's real popped up on my Facebook feed if true wow Marty Jr
Screenshot_20240809_190221_Facebook.jpg

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If it is photoshopped, we should be able to easily find the original?

I think it may be possible. Isn't one of the benefit of the NCAA is the lower schedule and better off-ice trainings?

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
no it's not - who the hell is photoshopping lane hutson's quads? it's good lighting coupled with fact that he's sitting down so his legs naturally look bigger. he's an athlete, is it surprising that he's toned?

We have seen other photos of him as well as comments from people who have met him that he has tiny legs.....hell, you can tell when he is in his equipment. This photo even looks like it has obviously been tampered with.

If it is photoshopped, we should be able to easily find the original?

I think it may be possible. Isn't one of the benefit of the NCAA is the lower schedule and better off-ice trainings?

That would be an enormous difference from one year ago and naturally twiggy builds like his simply do not build their legs up like that in such a short period of time.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
We have seen other photos of him as well as comments from people who have met him that he has tiny legs.....hell, you can tell when he is in his equipment. This photo even looks like it has obviously been tampered with.

"This looks shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad