Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal

View attachment 900272View attachment 900272

The original post that I responded to was clearly a fake, not only due to the huge size increase......it was incredibly obvious that it was a fake without even knowing who Lane Hutson is. We even had two posters who immediately recognized the legs from an older meme. It should also be pointed out that this may not be Hutson at all as there was a very similar photo of this head/torso this year that many of us including myself thought was Lane and the pixels may have been altered to make it more ambiguous. Either way this has so obviously been tampered with that it is just silly to deny it.

View attachment 900273
Also found the above pick of MSL with a claim to being Hutson's legs in the same search lol.....this is for those who are apparently new to the internet and were asking WHY?? Because people are insane, that is WHY.

Now can we go back to being rational please as we all like Lane so there is no need for this tribal nonsense.
ok, so where is this meme? should be very easy to find if it exists

These photos came from Bauer Hockey..... no other sites claim this is photoshopped at all

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

View attachment 900272View attachment 900272

The original post that I responded to was clearly a fake, not only due to the huge size increase......it was incredibly obvious that it was a fake without even knowing who Lane Hutson is. We even had two posters who immediately recognized the legs from an older meme. It should also be pointed out that this may not be Hutson at all as there was a very similar photo of this head/torso this year that many of us including myself thought was Lane and the pixels may have been altered to make it more ambiguous. Either way this has so obviously been tampered with that it is just silly to deny it.

View attachment 900273
Also found the above pick of MSL with a claim to being Hutson's legs in the same search lol.....this is for those who are apparently new to the internet and were asking WHY?? Because people are insane, that is WHY.

Now can we go back to being rational please as we all like Lane so there is no need for this tribal nonsense.

This picture of Lane Hutson definitely looks photoshopped/enhanced with filters.

We've seen many examples of instagram influencers posting side by side pictures of themselves with and without filters.

Interesting that both Bauer and Lane Hutson would post it on their official Instagram accounts as part of a series of pictures from the Bauer training sessions. But Nike did fake adds with Ronaldinho repeatedly hitting the crossbar from way out. Bug companies do it too. Vogue magazine covers, etc...

Anyways I like to keep my expectations of Lane Hutson tempered. I expect him to have the body of Allen Iverson, nothing more - and to be the Allen Iverson of hockey, nothing less.

Attachments

• IMG-20240811-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240811-WA0001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
ok, so where is this meme? should be very easy to find if it exists

These photos came from Bauer Hockey..... no other sites claim this is photoshopped at all

You are wrong...it was posted on Facebook by a clickbait site based in California called NHL World. It is a fake and people making fun of me are making fools of themselves....again.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
You are wrong...it was posted on Facebook by a clickbait site based in California called NHL World. It is a fake and people making fun of me are making fools of themselves....again.
so wheres the original photo? should be easy to find

and why would some amateur page like NHL World out of California take the time to photoshop a photo of Lane Hutson of all players? Show us where they have a reputation of photoshopping other photos on their site

Believe it or not, it could just be "fortunate lighting" thats simply accentuating his leg muscles

edit: So the photo is clearly NOT from Hockey World as it has a "GINO HARD" logo on the top... they just took it from here (below). I mean did you not even notice that??

From all the comments, no one is suggesting its photoshopped. If it were it wouldve been debunked by now after 5 days...... Sorry to burst your bubble. Youre clearly just another Hab hating conspiracy theorist. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
so wheres the original photo? should be easy to find

and why would some amateur page like NHL World out of California take the time to photoshop a photo of Lane Hutson of all players? Show us where they have a reputation of photoshopping other photos on their site

Believe it or not, it could just be "fortunate lighting" thats simply accentuating his leg muscles

BTW, the photo on their page says "GINO HARD" on the top.... So its not theirs. It was simply taken from another page.

I am not the one who saw the previous memes nor am I gullible enough to believe this photo is not altered and defend it with nonsense.

If you think this is a lighting thing and can not see the evidence of a blatant alteration in a world where they are all over the place especially on facebook and instagram and other social media platforms that allow garbage like this on their site.

You just are not getting it, it doesn't matter where the original pic came from, it matters where the pic that is going viral came from and the poster on this board got it from NHL World on fb and even Stu Cowan got it from there as well.

Citing source material that says "GINO HARD" should also be a red flag for you lol.

I have played and been around hockey for longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive and I have never see a player double the size of his quads in such a short time.....I don't think I have ever seen these lower body gains in any hockey player regardless of how long the gap if I am being honest and for an ectomorph like Lane it is next to impossible.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
View attachment 900273

The claim was not the pic being Hutson’s legs but a question of whether Hutson has been influenced by MSL to follow his training regimen, and potential of what future may hold..

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I've been one of his biggest fans on this board, I think some will be surprised as he has clearly made improvements in skating, strength, speed to the point that I'm not concerned as long as he keeps progressing.

I also think that aside from Demidov, Hutson may be the single most important piece of the Habs future, they must hit on him or someone else will need to show they can QB a PP at a high level or we are f***ed.
What did you think about his two games in detroit ( if you watched them )

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I am not the one who saw the previous memes nor am I gullible enough to believe this photo is not altered and defend it with nonsense.

If you think this is a lighting thing and can not see the evidence of a blatant alteration in a world where they are all over the place especially on facebook and instagram and other social media platforms that allow garbage like this on their site.

You just are not getting it, it doesn't matter where the original pic came from, it matters where the pic that is going viral came from and the poster on this board got it from NHL World on fb and even Stu Cowan got it from there as well.

Citing source material that says "GINO HARD" should also be a red flag for you lol.

I have played and been around hockey for longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive and I have never see a player double the size of his quads in such a short time.....I don't think I have ever seen these lower body gains in any hockey player regardless of how long the gap if I am being honest and for an ectomorph like Lane it is next to impossible.
again, its 5 days later.... if it were really altered, it wouldve been out there by now, and we would actually have the original photo as proof.

Your only proof is "I have played and been around hockey for longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive and I have never see a player double the size of his quads in such a short time"

gimme a break

The only reason that the posters who are attacking me don't believe that this one is real is because it does not fit neatly in to their confirmation bias.
other way around,.... YOU ARE the one claiming its fake, and have zero proof. You wanna sound credible and not just another poster talking out of his ass? find us the original photo.... problem is that you wont.

Just another classic Hab hater that cant admit when things are going well for this team.... I assume youve been a Lane Hutson basher from the get go. Its like youre jealous or even worried of the fact the he added muscle and may be bigger and better than you thought, and therefore discredits you.

Boohoo, you were wrong. Must be SO hard to accept with such an inflated ego. Hope you survive.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
again, its 5 days later.... if it were really altered, it wouldve been out there by now, and we would actually have the original photo as proof.

Your only proof is "I have played and been around hockey for longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive and I have never see a player double the size of his quads in such a short time"

gimme a break

other way around,.... YOU ARE the one claiming its fake, and have zero proof.

Find us the original photo.... problem is that you wont.

I do think the 'confirmation bias' argument is funny when it's coming from someone who has spent pretty much every post they've made since he was drafted talking about him being too skinny, too weak and can't skate backward.

Ultimately it's irrelevant because all that matters is what he does on the ice.. Jayden Struble being stronger than Guhle has never once made him a better player or prospect.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The claim was not the pic being Hutson’s legs but a question of whether Hutson has been influenced by MSL to follow his training regimen, and potential of what future may hold..

No, the pic was absolutely suggesting that his legs have made huge gains

You also have a confirmation bias in the other direction.

This is what flat earthers say to science based people when their confirmation bias is exposed. I am correct, just like I was with the goalie debate that you refuse to concede and like I was correct with Lane's backskating issues and the fact the his measurements were intentionally exaggerated at BU.

I keep getting attacked by the same posters who place their bias above evidence.

We both think Hutson is a great prospect and are excited for the season to start, no need to double down on the biased narrative, we are on the same side here buddy.

I absolutely hate conspiracy theories so when I make an assertion it is because it is where the evidence clearly is pointing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: overlords

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

This is what flat earthers say to sane people when their confirmation bias is exposed. I am correct, just like I was with the goalie debate that you refuse to concede and like I was correct with Lane's backskating issues and the fact the his measurements were intentionally exaggerated at BU.

I keep getting attacked by the same posters who place their bias above evidence.

What are you talking about?

You're not correct - you've provided 0 evidence that the photo is altered, you haven't provided an original photo that shows what it was before the alteration, and you haven't even come up with a rational conclusion for why it would have been altered in the first place other than "it's the internet".

Bringing in Flat Earth arguments when you are the one with the conspiracy theory of an altered photo is a bit of a lack of self-awareness on your part. You are the one who is trying to disprove the legitimacy of something that has been posted without any real substance as to why it would be altered.

And your evidence for saying it has been altered is a bunch of photos from ~5 months ago, further away from Lane and where you can't actually see his upper legs.

The only thing at play here is that a sitting photo of Lane is being compared to a standing photo of MSL, where obviously if you had your legs sat on a flat surface it will push things laterally and make things appear bigger than they would if you were standing straight up.

The photo wasn't altered, the comparison is a flawed one - that's it. No one altered the photo and suggesting that Lane did no work in the off-season to make his legs bigger than they were 5 months ago would be the harder thing to prove.

His legs aren't as big as MSL's - but they didn't photoshop the photo. You just want to keep his notion of Lane being too skinny legged and skinny-butted in conversation and alive because that is your bias and what you have specifically spent pretty much 2 years arguing.

And when called on anything you just default to being older and more experienced in this or that than anyone.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal

This is what flat earthers say to science based people when their confirmation bias is exposed. I am correct, just like I was with the goalie debate that you refuse to concede and like I was correct with Lane's backskating issues and the fact the his measurements were intentionally exaggerated at BU.

We both think Hutson is a great prospect and are excited for the season to start, no need to double down on the biased narrative, we are on the same side here buddy.

I absolutely hate conspiracy theories so when I make an assertion it is because it is where the evidence clearly is pointing.
LOL..... you cant come up with this stuff

Understand YOURE the "flat earther" here.... A photo is posted, and you and ONLY you claim its fake. And whats your proof? this.... ie. your ego
I have played and been around hockey for longer than most of the posters on this board have been alive and I have never see a player double the size of his quads in such a short time....

Its even more ridiculous than what flat earther's provide as their "proof".

I mean, ask yourself WHY would some amateur hockey page called Gino Hard decide to photoshop such a random photo? Out of ANY photo they could choose to alter... hey lets fool everyone and make LANE HUTSON'S thighs look bigger than they really are. Yeah, thatll generate so much money due to a few extra likes and comments.

Doesnt that sound completely stupid?

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
What are you talking about?

You're not correct - you've provided 0 evidence that the photo is altered, you haven't provided an original photo that shows what it was before the alteration, and you haven't even come up with a rational conclusion for why it would have been altered in the first place other than "it's the internet".

Bringing in Flat Earth arguments when you are the one with the conspiracy theory of an altered photo is a bit of a lack of self-awareness on your part. You are the one who is trying to disprove the legitimacy of something that has been posted without any real substance as to why it would be altered.

And your evidence for saying it has been altered is a bunch of photos from ~5 months ago, further away from Lane and where you can't actually see his upper legs.

The only thing at play here is that a sitting photo of Lane is being compared to a standing photo of MSL, where obviously if you had your legs sat on a flat surface it will push things laterally and make things appear bigger than they would if you were standing straight up.

The photo wasn't altered, the comparison is a flawed one - that's it. No one altered the photo and suggesting that Lane did no work in the off-season to make his legs bigger than they were 5 months ago would be the harder thing to prove.

His legs aren't as big as MSL's - but they didn't photoshop the photo. You just want to keep his notion of Lane being too skinny legged and skinny-butted in conversation and alive because that is your bias and what you have specifically spent pretty much 2 years arguing.

And when called on anything you just default to being older and more experienced in this or that than anyone.

You're arguing with what I would consider to be the first truly carbon neutral human I've encountered. A man who can completely subsist off of consuming his own farts.

vblaJN.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad