PTO: [TOR] F Max Pacioretty signs PTO with the Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
hmm wonder where Pac fits??

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, Knies and Domi all locked into the top 9.

Kampf and likely Dewar (although could be a spare) locked into the 4th line line.

that leave Pacioretty, Jarnkrok, McMann, Holmberg, Robertson, and potentially Cowan and Minten competing for 3 top 9 roles and 1 (possibly 2) 4th line roles.

will be interesting to watch it play out through camp

This is assuming Reaves is likely the 13th forward played in situational games (although wouldn't be shocked if he got waived)

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
hmm wonder where Pac fits??

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, Knies and Domi all locked into the top 9.

Kampf and likely Dewar (although could be a spare) locked into the 4th line line.

that leave Pacioretty, Jarnkrok, McMann, Holmberg, Robertson, and potentially Cowan and Minten competing for 3 top 9 roles and 1 (possibly 2) 4th line roles.

will be interesting to watch it play out through camp

This is assuming Reaves is likely the 13th forward played in situational games (although wouldn't be shocked if he got waived)
my guess is
Knies-Matthwes-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Nylander
Pacioretty-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Robertson-Holmberg-Reaves
leaving Cowan, Minten, Dewar and McMann as spares

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
With Robertson signed I would have thought they were out on Pacioretty.

I'm wondering where he fits.

I don't hate it though.

Reactions: Morrison

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
my guess is
Knies-Matthwes-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Nylander
Pacioretty-Kampf-Jarnkrok
Robertson-Holmberg-Reaves
leaving Cowan, Minten, Dewar and McMann as spares
McMann is 100% making the team and not as a spare.
That is odd, unless its a sign and trade and/or Patches is LTIR bait
Highly doubt it's a sign and trade given that the Leafs are posting it all over social media. If it was a trade it'd probably be announced at the same time or right after.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Cant hurt. Dude has had some unfortunate injuries.

Maybe a full off-season of training can have him come back better and stronger he's been in a while

Reactions: Andy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Pacioretty takes his fitness and conditioning very seriously. It's probably doubtful he ever bounces back from those injuries, but if there is one player that could, it's definitely him.

Enjoyed his time on the habs. As has been the case in habs land for 30 years, he didn't have good support and was asked to carry way more than his talent allowed him to.

He's not a lazy player by any means and has good hockey sense. Would love to see him bounce back, even on the leafs.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Pacioretty takes his fitness and conditioning very seriously. It's probably doubtful he ever bounces back from those injuries, but if there is one player that could, it's definitely him.

Enjoyed his time on the habs. As has been the case in habs land for 30 years, he didn't have good support and was asked to carry way more than his talent allowed him to.

He's not a lazy player by any means and has good hockey sense. Would love to see him bounce back, even on the leafs.

His skating was key. I'll be interested to see how the motor runs after a few really serious injuries into his mid 30s.

I really liked him in transition but I never really considered him a good static player ie) powerplay. It's the kind of player you wouldn't think would age well particularly given the mileage on his body, but let's see what happens.

Reactions: Andy

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hence the word 'possibility'.
So why even float the idea? No team was going to offer sheet Robertson. Makes no sense for Dregger to even mention it. Old man Patches will play ahead of Robertson.
And didn’t the Leafs already sign Haakenpa but he failed his physical?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
So why even float the idea? No team was going to offer sheet Robertson. Makes no sense for Dregger to even mention it. Old man Patches will play ahead of Robertson.
And didn’t the Leafs already sign Haakenpa but he failed his physical?
I would wager that Darren Dreger has a slightly better idea of what could or could not be possible compared to Fatass on HFBoards, but maybe I'm wrong.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I would wager that Darren Dreger has a slightly better idea of what could or could not be possible compared to Fatass on HFBoards, but maybe I'm wrong.
Dregger earns his paycheck by catering to the Leafs. Fatass earns his as a donkey model.
Robertson was not getting a contract offer from any other club or it would have happened already. Teams all have their own guys like him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
His skating was key. I'll be interested to see how the motor runs after a few really serious injuries into his mid 30s.

I really liked him in transition but I never really considered him a good static player ie) powerplay. It's the kind of player you wouldn't think would age well particularly given the mileage on his body, but let's see what happens.
Very accurate summary of Pacioretty's game, his current limitations, and the obstacles he will have to overcome to have success.

Even if he is a Leaf, I hope he bounces back. I have no idea if he will, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. At this point, it's all about his body keeping up, and Patches was a fitness freak.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Very accurate summary of Pacioretty's game, his current limitations, and the obstacles he will have to overcome to have success.

Even if he is a Leaf, I hope he bounces back.
Patches will earn a roster spot.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Dregger earns his paycheck by catering to the Leafs. Fatass earns his as a donkey model.
Robertson was not getting a contract offer from any other club or it would have happened already. Teams all have their own guys like him.
Yeah, clearly he wasn't given an offer sheet, but maybe it was floating around as a possibility. Maybe it wasn't. You seem bothered that Dreger said it was possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad