Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Seeing what Hughes, Makar, and Adam Fox have done the last few years can at least give us hope Hutson is in their mold, even if he never reaches their tier.

And maybe he will be in their tier...

Reactions: Rozz

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Seeing what Hughes, Makar, and Adam Fox have done the last few years can at least give us hope Hutson is in their mold, even if he never reaches their tier.

And maybe he will be in their tier...

It's not crazy to think that he can be in their tier. He have incredible stats in a good league and when you watch games, he show more than his actual points. He is a very spectacular player. Everyone will forgot about Cooley or Michkov if he reach his potential.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Jay Pandolfo was on The SIck Podcast just now. About Hutson he said he is off the charts competitive and is the first guy in his office Monday morning to watch film from the weekend. Says he constantly wants to improve. He also said there is nobody in the NHL like him, that 1-1 he makes a move to setup a guy for the next move he already planned to make a no look pass he already knew he was going to make. He compares him to a point guard in basketball. He says he thinks the game like Adam Fox.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's not crazy to think that he can be in their tier. He have incredible stats in a good league and when you watch games, he show more than his actual points. He is a very spectacular player. Everyone will forgot about Cooley or Michkov if he reach his potential.

It's mainly the defensive side that could keep him from that tier imo. So we'll see what he ends up being on both sides of the game...

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
If it happens I look forward to seeing what he can do. I don’t think he’s ready for the NHL though. We’ll see I guess.
This is where we development our prospects now. Being ready isn’t a thing anymore. Our lord and saviour MSL will take good care of Lane.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This is where we development our prospects now. Being ready isn’t a thing anymore. Our lord and saviour MSL will take good care of Lane.

I don't worry about Lane not being able to develop at NHL speed.

I worry more about him coming into the league with so thin a frame and getting injured in a way that not only takes away development time from being on the sideline, but also hinders and or shortens his career due to the physiological damage of the injury.

I would prefer he stays in the NCAA for a 3rd season to continue to develop physically before he makes the jump to playing pro

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Most people are talking about their type of game, which is very similar, not necessarily the career he’ll have.

Their games aren't similar though. Their frame and roles are, that's why they get compared. But, Hughes' game is based in large part on his elite skating ability and even if it improves significantly, Hutson' skating will never be close to it.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Their games aren't similar though. Their frame and roles are, that's why they get compared. But, Hughes' game is based in large part on his elite skating ability and even if it improves significantly, Hutson' skating will never be close to it.

You should watch both more often. Lane’s game in the o zone is very, very similar to Hughes.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
NCAA top 10/average TOI
1. L. Hutson, BU, 28:36
2. Fusco, Dartmouth, 27:05
3. Driscoll, Army, 26:22
4. Casey, Mich, 26:10
5. Foley, Dartmouth, 26:08
6. Pierce, Dartmouth, 25:59
7. Waugh, Mercy, 25:54
8. Hedden, AFA, 25:35
9. Bavaro, Notre Dame, 25:26
10. Brandon, Colgate, 25:21
Wait.

He plays an average of 28:36 a game ???

That's redonkulus

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
You should watch both more often. Lane’s game in the o zone is very, very similar to Hughes.

Hughes is much better at carrying the puck into the zone and beating defenders with his speed. He is also much quicker in every direction and this is something that is a huge question mark for myself with Lane. Will he be quick enough to fool and beat NHLers without turning the puck over at the blueline at an unacceptable rate.

I think Hutson should strongly consider another season in college, especially if his back skating continues to be so poor.

I am still excited to see him on the Habs PP one day but he still has a very long way to go to even be a remotely competent NHL defender.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I've watched both. Hutson in his D year. Hughes since his US U18 NTDP days. The skating differentiates their games as its such a gap between both. If you mean the way they're elusive and beat players 1 on 1 while using their vision/IQ to set up teammates or scoring chances, I guess I could see what you mean. Both use cutbacks, edges, stickhandling, etc, in a similar way.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Great Weal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad