Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Exactly my point,Undersized even compared to those Undersized players you mentioned .
Plus those 2 players have Elite Skating both ways and can defend
Whether Q Hughes can defend or not is debatable. He defends well enough for his offense to be enough to keep him as a high level player, I will give you that.

If Hutson becomes Q Hughes level on defense, it will be a good enough level, but it's not that good. His offense will have to keep being dynamic for it work out with the same level of defense as Q Hughes. Ideally he would be better.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
He claims to be 5'10" but that is unlikely, I would bet my left *** that he is rounding up from somewhere in the 5'9"+ range.

This may come as a shock to everyone but the team isn't measuring the players and updating their height/weight lol. The players and their agents are solely responsible for this and it is no coincidence that he and his brother updated their "new heights" on the same day.

I personally am more interested in him putting on muscle and improving his skating but to have people arbitrarily rounding up to 5'11" is absolutely embarrassing fanboy-ism and it is gag inducing. The last known measurement was at the combine at 5'8 1/4" and he may very well have grown but there is no official measurement and certainly no reason to state that he is or is about to hit 5'11".

I have no issue with people being a excited with his play as he is a gifted player but the over the top nonsense regarding his height is dragging a fun discussion into pseudo science land where nonsense thrives and intelligent discussion dies.

Before all of his sycophants come bawling into the thread let me say it again......He is a great prospect who I was cheering for us to select at the spot where we selected him and I am thrilled with his development.....can we just please park the hyperbolic drivel in fantasy land before entering the discussion?
So you say to those who round out Hutson' height to 5'11" embarrassing, but then go and say that Lane isn't 5'10" he's actually 5'9+... lol

Reactions: Destopcorner

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
quibble about inches when you see him he doesn't look tiny on the ice which is good enough for me whatever the numbers say.

Gotta get faster and work on his weaknesses. I'm not 100% sold on him but where I feel good is that players who produce like this usually don't flop.
People went on and on about Caufield in the same way.

Like I've said a million times, next year is telling. You want to see big improvements where he needs them. I wouldn't bet against him. It's one thing being a bit skeptical but just glossing over his insane production and nit-picking over small things is just masturbatory.

He's effing out producing Caufield's freshman year markedly as a D man. You'd be a goober NOT to be excited.

Put your money where your mouth is and make a trade proposal where you actually think of the consequences of trading him away as if you were a GM and not just a blowhard.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Ya'll getting extra heated about half an inch. He's a massive talent and im not worried about the height as of now especially since we dont know if hes done growing lol. Pretty simple

Reactions: PriceIsGod

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Calling Lane Hutson the best player in the draft is absolutely the type of whimsical fantasy that happens in fans dreams...and that is where it should stay because it is utter nonsense.

HuGo would trade Hutson in a nano second for any of Jiricek, Nemec or Mintyukov and that is before mentioning all of the forwards lol.

Before anointing him the best player in the draft perhaps let him learn how to backskate and defend first. He was a great selection at the end of the second round but calling him the best player in the draft is laughable. Maybe one day he proves you correct but to arbitrarily assign him that title at this point reeks of overzealous home team bias.
Save the lecture pal, just trying to have a little fun here.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Does Leetch hold the all time record?

When Leetch did that he was the 6th best scorer on his team. Lane Hutson is the 12th best scorer in the whole league and tied 1st on his team. I'm not saying he's going be as good as Brian Leetch but damn.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For U19 D I think so

It was a different league back then too. His teammate Craig Janney scored 83 points in 37 games. Leetch was 6th in team scoring and 4 of his teammates had more than 60 points.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Does Leetch hold the all time record?
Hard to talk all time, talk rather modern era NCAA, about 35-40 years ago.

Since then Leetch has the best u19 season by far. The best modern era season by an NCAA defenseman was Matt carle d+3 season (53pts), he was two and half years older than Hutson is now.

So lane has a very realistic shot at the best u19 season in 40 years and an outside shot if his team has a deep postseason at the top season period, as a freshman.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He probably would have got another point if they played him when the other team pulled their goaltender. But maybe it would be too disrepectful.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Kid's a stud. If he was picked by the Toronto Maple Leafs, every other day TSN would be raving about the phenom they drafted. But because he was drafted by Montreal, we need to tone down the hype on an anonymous message board :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad