Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It does not change the fact that he needed to grow. All the IQ in the world will not be enough to become a complet D if your frame is 5'08" and 165 lbs. That's why the fact that he is now close to 5'11" is such a good news.
How is he now close to 5'11" when he's officially 5'9" and 3/4?

Close to 5'10" would be more like it and it is significantly better than 5'8".

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

On the ice he looks close to 5'10. Close enough that I don't think his height will hold him back. He's small but not tiny.

He ain't Cube or Crosby but he's hardly a tooth pick. He could very well be putting on muscle as the season goes on as he just looks pretty strong on the puck. Seen him lay out a nice hit on the Friday game. I'm feeling better and better about him. The size and D don't seem like red flags. But getting faster is the big thing.

Reactions: HankyZetts

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
I looked at him on the videos of his goals friday, while he was cheering with his teammates, by comparison, he looked 5'11", maybe it's 5'10".5, but it's close to 5'11", and if not, given how much he grew in the last 8 months, he will likely reach 5'11".

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Interesting, was not aware. How big is the gap?

It is difficult to quantify as it isn't a vast difference but it is a noticeable difference. Top teams from other division 1 teams are every bit as good but there is no doubt that the Big 10 has the best pool of talent as it is by far the biggest attraction to top Canadian kids looking for an alternative to the CHL. If I am looking to develop an NHL prospect I would prefer the Big 10 but there are other great options in the NCAA depending on the needs of the kid.

Reactions: Frankenheimer

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I have pointed out a few times his deficiencies with skating and D zone play, but one thing that I am quite impressed at is his balance and ability to stay up even when physically challenged by opponents for the puck. His low center of gravity is definitely helping him there. He is not easy to knock off the puck.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I looked at him on the videos of his goals friday, while he was cheering with his teammates, by comparison, he looked 5'11", maybe it's 5'10".5, but it's close to 5'11", and if not, given how much he grew in the last 8 months, he will likely reach 5'11".
Yeah I just feel at the end of the day whatever the numbers say, he just doesn't seem 'too small' where it's a red flag.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022

So close to 5'11 means close to 6' right?? So officially we can say he's 6 foot!

He's a 5'9 midget, that's what he is and what he will be. It doesn't matter what his height is, let's see how he handles the NHL. He's got elite generational collegiate skill, let's see how that translates to the big show.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
How many games does he have left where stats count? I see the hockey east game is next. Does that count?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How many games does he have left where stats count? I see the hockey east game is next. Does that count?

yes it counts but you would have to know the future to know how many games he has left. At least 2, since games are one and done, so win and he has more then 2, lose both and seasons over.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
yes it counts but you would have to know the future to know how many games he has left. At least 2, since games are one and done, so win and he has more then 2, lose both and seasons over.
So he can actually break Leetch's record.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The Big 10 is easily....and it isn't very close, the best group in the NCAA. Just take a look at the names in the top 10 scorers in every league and you can clearly see the talent gap. This season is absolutely no different than others in that sense.

I am not sure that most posters know this as they never mention it other than the poster Montreal and a handful of others. If Luke or Quinn Hughes played in Hockey East they very well may have out scored Hutson. Fox was in an even weaker ECAC so I am not trying to dismiss Lane's numbers but there is certainly some context that needs to be added to the conversation.
Not sure how accurate NHLe Calculator is but it thinks Lane Hutson's numbers are more impressive in Hockey East. It predicts he would score 42 points in the NHL but if he was playing in the Big 10 it would translate to only 36 points in the NHL.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Hutson has 43 points in 33 games. His Draft+1 season. Best ever draft plus one D-man Brian Leetch 47 in 37. He's on pace to pass Leetch
Lane Hutson is also playing in a superior league compared with the Big 10. Just wanted to point that out. Brian Leetch also played in the H-East program which is far superior compared with the Big 10.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hutson has 43 points in 33 games. His Draft+1 season. Best ever draft plus one D-man Brian Leetch 47 in 37. He's on pace to pass Leetch

He just might not get to game 47. His team has to win in the playoffs in order for him to get there...

So close to 5'11 means close to 6' right?? So officially we can say he's 6 foot!

He's a 5'9 midget, that's what he is and what he will be. It doesn't matter what his height is, let's see how he handles the NHL. He's got elite generational collegiate skill, let's see how that translates to the big show.

Being 5'9 isn't being a midget. It's the average height in the u.s.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The Big 10 is easily....and it isn't very close, the best group in the NCAA. Just take a look at the names in the top 10 scorers in every league and you can clearly see the talent gap. This season is absolutely no different than others in that sense.

I am not sure that most posters know this as they never mention it other than the poster Montreal and a handful of others. If Luke or Quinn Hughes played in Hockey East they very well may have out scored Hutson. Fox was in an even weaker ECAC so I am not trying to dismiss Lane's numbers but there is certainly some context that needs to be added to the conversation.
If he was in the big 10, he would play better opposition, but it is wuite likely he would also play with better teammates. So there are two opposite factors at play here. I am not sure how that would influence the overall result, however.

Reactions: Natey

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If he was in the big 10, he would play better opposition, but it is wuite likely he would also play with better teammates. So there are two opposite factors at play here. I am not sure how that would influence the overall result, however.

It is well established that skilled hockey players score more in lesser leagues, there are always exceptions but they are extreme outliers. The scenario that you are describing is generally more applicable to less skilled players who don't drive offence on their own. You can also argue that skilled players going to better teams can result in less ice time, including less PP time.

To be clear, I think Lane would be great in the Big 10 as well but would see a decrease in production whereas the Hughes brothers would have scored more playing for a top team in Hockey East. Hockey East has some terrible teams with players that just can not play in the Big 10 that are easily exploited and we have certainly watched Lane embarrass some awful players this season.

Like I outlined earlier, the top division 1 teams around the country are very comparable but it is the bottom of each association that really separates them.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
This is the thread for watching his height and weight. If you want to talk about his skill, go make a new thread. This one is infested already.

• Haha
Reactions: Belial and bopeep

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
#21 Kaplan is 6'2'' and Hutson is taller than him by a fair margin so he's about 6'6''

Attachments

• 1678125602912.png
    1678125602912.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad