Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Not really...but it is this type of "generalization" that is not acceptable and should be called out. It is just as unacceptable to categorize other team's fans collectively because of one or two deviants. And if you want you and i can have a reading comprehension competition.
Personally, it offends me that so many feel offended.

If that offends you all, I'm sorry (well, sort of, not really, okay, I'm evil and going to hell, help me, please...)

I think these boards are driving me crazy?

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
In what sense? lol

In my estimation other than the actual Hutson content, I’ve read the same argument back and forth 40x in this thread

I get that this is a message board but I think some people need to f***ing relax lol. People will get excited about Lane, naturally of course, myself included. But this thread is getting close to the Slaf thread for me in terms of painful to read/witness

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In my estimation other than the actual Hutson content, I’ve read the same argument back and forth 40x in this thread

I get that this is a message board but I think some people need to f***ing relax lol. People will get excited about Lane, naturally of course, myself included. But this thread is getting close to the Slaf thread for me in terms of painful to read/witness
The Mesar thread ain't any better either.

Ridiculous

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

Ridiculous
Every long thread in any board on the internet is exactly the same. If people don't like, stay out of message boards. That's what message boards are, people rehashing the same arguments endlessly thinking they are saying something brilliant nobody else has said before amongst the 10000 posts on the subject.

I am sure somebody said this too.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I think I read somewhere he's small and he's not the fastest. Not sure where.
And yet his ability to compete was almost OK. I'm concerned
that he can't work on his skating, because we can all see that he
has no ability to understand hockey. And where could he do it
anyhow? No one thinks that BU would let him use their ice rink
just to work on his skating.. And can he even afford gym time to
train. I mean, that costs money! So no one should expect him
to improve. This player is a finished product. From here he can only go down hill.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
to improve. This player is a finished product. From here he can only go down hill.
Make sense

LesHabitants

Oct 20, 2022
That doesn't sound very promising.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
You really never know about a player's ability to translate their game to the NHL until they're there doing it... but this statistical performance is unprecedented and he looks the part of an elite, dynamic offensive defenceman. His development would need to absolutely tank - not just plateau - for him not to get a significant shot at playing in the NHL.

He's .15PPG off of Logan Cooley who, according to many on this board, is a small forward that should have been taken 1st overall over Slafkovsky. From the couple of recent games I've seen, Hutson's shown significant growth in all facets of his game (and his height) since the beginning of the year and the WJCs. This is the type of wild development curve that you see with top-10 picks and elite players across the board. It's pretty exciting that we have the opportunity to give him another year in the NCAA to build strength and round out his game given our depth at LD.

The fact that his ELC and entrance into the league is likely to coincide with this Habs team being on the upswing... Exceptional. Even if he caps out as a Tyson Barrie-type, I'm still psyched that we found such a dynamic player at the end of the 2nd. I know we as Habs fans aren't used to prospects being worthy of the hype or working out, but Hutson might have us rethinking that.

Nice to have him as a prospect!

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I'm sick and tired of these muther fn Hutsons on the muther fn ice.
1678235687720.png

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Do you know why a trade of Hutson, straight up, for Dubois, is bound to look bad?

By looking at Hutson, at first, you think you're getting three times a much back for him in Dubois, but when you find out Hutson is 19, Dubois starts looking 40. :)
We should keep Hutson.

For Dubois: Florida's 2023 1st + Kidney + something small

Reactions: Dutronc

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He's already had counselling on what to improve since his stance as a skater has been shifting and his skating has improved as the season wears n.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Caufield with Hutson on the PP is going to be insane.
Because they don't need to see over the mob screening the opposing G, just to look for sunlight that passes through it as the place to shoot the puck... ;)

Reactions: 26Mats

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Because they don't need to see over the mob screening the opposing G, just to look for sunlight that passes through it as the place to shoot the puck... ;)
With Slaf screening the goaltender and Suzuki patiently waiting to make a pass to Mailloux. Et le but. That PP is going to be sick.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

Ridiculous
The thing is that the discussion is going in circles. What would be nice would be only to have highlights of each game in this thread and discussion about that specific game. Then beginning middle and end of each season to have a discussion about the player and how he has progressed.

Now the discussion is stalling for all those good prospects and even when opinions are close it seems to divide into two camps : great vs bust :D

Slaf, Mesar and Hutson are in their D+1… let s see how they progress from now on :)

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
43 points in 33 games so far and his defensive game is improving. Not like he needs to play defense anyway, he's always generating attack. He's skating faster and stronger than a few months ago. He has also been sighted skating backward recently which is a good ability for a defenseman.

Last edited:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

Sorry, some of that was probably my fault. I was offended
by, some disrespecting what Lane Hutson has done. I posted a rant where every sentence was obviously untrue. Some took this at
face value. So my fault, I didn't think that could happen.
not sure what the f*** was going on in the last one, but with the regular season wrapping up in the next 2 weeks, thought it was time for a new thread. Next up Vermont, one of the worst defensive teams in the NCAA this year.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
He would get absolutely destroyed at his size in the NHL next year, he better fatten up by 25 lbs , I don't care how good his stats are.
Easiest place to build more power and speed is NCAA..
But that having been said, Lane Hutson could still allways
wind in HOF. He is a good athlete,,whose understanding
of the game may beyond anyone that ever play it. . I lived
in Edmonton when Gretzky played there. I think that Lane
Hutson may see hockey , easier, faster, and better than Wayne.
I am not saying that can phycily do the thing that WGz could.
All I am saying, is this may be the first NHL player that was
clearly better then Gretzky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad