Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I was having fun. I don't care how tall he gets (5'10" might be the end of the line for him), as long as he can display his skills at every level that he ends up playing. :)

I really like the fans watching Hutson and their reaction to him scoring the first time. It's almost like they are saying, "Yup, it's him again..."
Man, tone it down. There's liking a prospect, there being a fan, being a huge fan, obsessing over a prospect and then there's YOU!

You're close to getting a No Contact Order , breathe bud that's an unhealthy obsession you got going.

Reactions: Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A buddy was at the BU game last night and sent me this.

1677890185799-png.662577

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Beyond the stats, the really great thing about Hutson, is that he now looks like a 5'11" player. He is still thin, but the bet the Habs made to see him continue to grow turned out to be the right one. If Hutson can end up at 5'11" ans 180 lbs, he will be a star in the NHL. I liked the pick back at the draft because I thought the talent of the kid was worth the risk, but the outcome was always linked to the assumption that he would add 2 or 3 inches and he did. That was the key for that pick to be a success or even a home run.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
BU will be even better next year with Macklin Celebrini joining the program. Maybe we'll see better production from Lane in the upcoming season.

Edit: Will Smith will be at Boston College, my bad.

Last edited:

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
BU will be even better next year with Will Smith and Celebrini joining the program. Maybe we'll see better production from Lane in the upcoming season.
If things go really well, maybe we will see a repeat of Caufield's path - - excellent freshman year, followed by a Hobey Baker sophomore season and then on to the Habs

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I try not to get high on a prospect (because of you Perezhogin etc.) But his stats are incredible so far this year... I didn't think his numbers would be on par with guys like Fox and Makar! That's nuts!

Honestly, I felt really high when we drafted Subban, and I get the same feeling from Hutson. I haven't felt this way about D prospect since Subban. Sorry Guhle and Sergachev. Although, I didn't watch as much as Sergachev as Subban Guhle and Hutson coming into a draft.

Beyond the stats, the really great thing about Hutson, is that he now looks like a 5'11" player. He is still thin, but the bet the Habs made to see him continue to grow turned out to be the right one. If Hutson can end up at 5'11" ans 180 lbs, he will be a star in the NHL. I liked the pick back at the draft because I thought the talent of the kid was worth the risk, but the outcome was always linked to the assumption that he would add 2 or 3 inches and he did. That was the key for that pick to be a success or even a home run.

You can't teach IQ, and his PP skills and ability to open up the ice gives me Markov vibes. I miss the general.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Are you sure? Where is this verdict coming from. He could grow an extra inch tp reach his dad's height, maybe two...

He should be able to add 10 lbs easily if he works on his quads and shoulders in the summer.

The game schedule in the NCAA, withy the rest periods, will be more about Hutson working on keeping the mass on that he added in the summer.

The following summer will be more added mass and then, at around 175 lbs, 180 lbs and at least 5'10", he should turn pro.
You don't usually grow past 19, and he's probably closer to 5'9, it's what he is. He'll never have good size.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I try not to get high on a prospect (because of you Perezhogin etc.) But his stats are incredible so far this year... I didn't think his numbers would be on par with guys like Fox and Makar! That's nuts!
His numbers are on par with Makar's SECOND year. Makar had "only" 21 points in his first year.

Hutson is putting absolutely ridiculous numbers.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
At first I thought you were referring to the leader of Wagner Group and had me scratching my head.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Just for comparison's sake, one of the best all time freshman seasons for a defensemen in the NCAA was Brian Leetch who had 9 goals and 38 assists for 47 points in 37 games for Boston College in 1986-1987

Lane Hutson currently has 12 goals and 29 assists for 41 points in 32 games.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Just for comparison's sake, one of the best all time freshman seasons for a defensemen in the NCAA was Brian Leetch who had 9 goals and 38 assists for 47 points in 37 games for Boston College in 1986-1987

So, 5 more games to see how he fully compares to Leetch.

Does he have that in regular season, or would some be in the playoffs to attain 37 games played?.

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Any idea how many games does Hutson have left? Do playoff games count? Aren't there still games in the schedule that are considered exhibition games?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Any idea how many games does Hutson have left? Do playoff games count? Aren't there still games in the schedule that are considered exhibition games?

He has one more regular season game tonight against Providence again, then at least one playoff game on March 11th. Boston University is at the top of the standings for Hockey East, so I would hope they can at least win a playoff round or two.

All playoff games count in their stats.

@montreal is the resident expert in the NCAA though, so I'm sure he has more insight.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
One more year in the NCAA. He gets more time in the gym, he gets the unquestioned #1 spot on BUs blueline. It will be good for his growth.

Yeah, mostly good for his physical growth. Nhl careers are delicate, and the habs should do whatever they can to give him the best shot at a long career.

There's inherent risk of getting chronically hurt in this game, but the Habs taking the time to have him physically mature reduces some risk that is actually in their control.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I phrased that wrong.

I meant does he have enough regular season games, or are they fairly close to the playoffs ? I just wonder as the playoff games will likely be harder to get points
He has one regular season game left.

Boston University will be playing one of Maine, Providence, Boston College, Massachusetts, New Hampshire or Vermont in their first game of the playoffs but they will only know who on March 8th when the bottom 6 teams play each other to move onto the Quarterfinals.

Last edited:

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
It does not change the fact that he needed to grow. All the IQ in the world will not be enough to become a complet D if your frame is 5'08" and 165 lbs. That's why the fact that he is now close to 5'11" is such a good news.

Honestly, I felt really high when we drafted Subban, and I get the same feeling from Hutson. I haven't felt this way about D prospect since Subban. Sorry Guhle and Sergachev. Although, I didn't watch as much as Sergachev as Subban Guhle and Hutson coming into a draft.

You can't teach IQ, and his PP skills and ability to open up the ice gives me Markov vibes. I miss the general.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad