Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You have zero evidence of this......

Why do we have to make things up when the facts don't fit our narrative on this board. It happens so often and especially in this thread.
Makar was 5'11.25 (that's 0.75 inch short of 6') and 187 lbs at the combine at age 18. Saying he's close to 6' and 200 lbs today at age 24 is a reasonable assumption.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
agree but he's not 6 foot or 200 lbs yet
Why would you assume that? He was, and likely still is, a bit taller and heavier than Suzuki.

From the same combine in 2017:

Cale Makar: 5-foot-11.25, 187.44 pounds
Nick Suzuki: 5-foot-11, 183.2 pounds

Gaining ~10-15 lbs from age 18 to age 24 in the NHL is the norm.

Source:

Reactions: themilosh

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Why would you assume that? He was, and likely still is, a bit taller and heavier than Suzuki.

Source:
It is also build specific. Light boned guys will not put on weight like heavy boned fellows.

Reactions: themilosh

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Source:
At 205 lbs, Suzuki gained over 20 lbs so far.

It's not inconceivable, for sure, but it's not an automatic either. No body type is exactly the same as another.

For some, it's difficult to add muscle mass and, for others, it's a cinch to add mass, muscle and/or fat.

It's not inconceivable, for sure, but it's not an automatic either. No body type is exactly the same as another.

For some, it's difficult to add muscle mass and, for others, it's a cinch to add mass, muscle and/or fat.
Weight is easiest to add in legs (biggest muscle group) and it helps to have a wide shoulder span.

Weight is easiest to add in legs (biggest muscle group) and it helps to have a wide shoulder span.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Makar was 5'11.25 (that's 0.75 inch short of 6') and 187 lbs at the combine at age 18. Saying he's close to 6' and 200 lbs today at age 24 is a reasonable assumption.

He gets measured every year and he's listed at 5'11 187 lbs by Colorado. There's no reason to believe he isn't that.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Is there any information on how Huston is doing at the Biosteel camp? What is the purpose of the Biosteel camp?

I think that would add to the ultra-intellectual discussion of whether or not we can infer that Huston has grown 1/4inch of height by analyzing a variety of pictures taken from different angles.

Reactions: cphabs

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is there any information on how Huston is doing at the Biosteel camp? What is the purpose of the Biosteel camp?

I think that would add to the ultra-intellectual discussion of whether or not we can infer that Huston has grown 1/4inch of height by analyzing a variety of pictures taken from different angles.

Biosteel camp is just something the product puts on to get a lot of talent in a place to practice together, do some drills, play some games. It's just like a mini training camp being surrounded by the best in the world and has marketing stuff for their products.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Biosteel camp is just something the product puts on to get a lot of talent in a place to practice together, do some drills, play some games. It's just like a mini training camp being surrounded by the best in the world and has marketing stuff for their products.
Gotta be good for a guy like Hutson to get exposure to playing with Makar.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Most people are done growing at 18 and there is no evidence that he has put on 13 ibs since the draft. Not all players gain significant weight as there is often a tradeoff of fat for muscle.......maybe he has lost 3 lbs of fat and gained 3 lbs of muscle, maybe he was intentionally carrying more water weight at the combine? There are all sorts of maybe's but the fact is that we don't know so to pick one and arbitrarily anoint it as probable would be disingenuous of myself if I offered one of them as a rebuttal to your statement.

My point was that you were allowing your bias to distort empirical evidence when confronted with a photograph that ran counter to your wishes. This has been a huge problem with a number of posters in this thread although you seem far less militant about it.

Anyways, we are cheering for the same outcome and disagreements on message boards won't change anything. We can all acknowledge that he would be the smallest and weakest dman in the NHL right now and that isn't likely to change much. Hopefully he can drastically improve his back skating and improve his speed as they are far more realistic goals then him being anywhere close to Makar physically.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Most people are done growing at 18 and there is no evidence that he has put on 13 ibs since the draft. Not all players gain significant weight as there is often a tradeoff of fat for muscle.......maybe he has lost 3 lbs of fat and gained 3 lbs of muscle, maybe he was intentionally carrying more water weight at the combine? There are all sorts of maybe's but the fact is that we don't know so to pick one and arbitrarily anoint it as probable would be disingenuous of myself if I offered one of them as a rebuttal to your statement.

My point was that you were allowing your bias to distort empirical evidence when confronted with a photograph that ran counter to your wishes. This has been a huge problem with a number of posters in this thread although you seem far less militant about it.

Anyways, we are cheering for the same outcome and disagreements on message boards won't change anything. We can all acknowledge that he would be the smallest and weakest dman in the NHL right now and that isn't likely to change much. Hopefully he can drastically improve his back skating and improve his speed as they are far more realistic goals then him being anywhere close to Makar physically.
Who cares?

Let's move on.

Reactions: luke lake

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I'm only disappointed I didn't know it was in Halifax this year.

Need to find a way to discover where they are practicing and strap the pads on to get demolished.
I'm only disappointed I didn't know it was in Halifax this year.

Need to find a way to discover where they are practicing and strap the pads on to get demolished.
Can we take video ? It may be worth the airfare.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Curious as to why you don't think the pros go through physicals and get their height and weight taken each year?

The player is in full control of what height and weight is listed. The team does weigh them but only releases what the player wants to be released

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Eiserman is joining Celebrini and Hutson at BU

The potential first 2 picks on the same team is pretty crazy.

Edit: seems like Eiserman will be joining BU for the 24-25 season. So he won't get to play with Hutson.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad