Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Did somebody say ‘winger’? :sarcasm:

Nice shot at top speed.

I was definitely thinking if he's too small to play D, then he could be a 5 on 5 winger and pp qb.

But he looks big enough to play D standing next to Coronato after that goal. Coronato is listed as 5'10.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
His technique is not. He works so hard to get that speed. But then, imagine if they can correct some things in it....
Yeah I’m seeing that too a bit. I’m not a skating expert by any means but I feel like there’s been marked improvement there over the course of this year.

I’m still pretty impressed by his speed here but yeah there’s work to be done

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I called him the most dynamic player in the draft last year for a reason. Kid is special.
I said like halfway through the year that I was hoping to see a caufield like improvement from his freshman season to his sophomore season. Which was a pretty big one.

Pretty surprised to see how much he’s improved DURING this year. Really impressed and bodes well for him becoming something truly special.

Like I said I think the criticisms are pretty valid but I’ve seen him make leaps in many of those areas and I’m really confident he’ll get his game where it needs to be

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Did somebody say ‘winger’? :sarcasm:

Nice shot at top speed.

If he cant defend in the nhl,like i said we could turn him into a "Streit"... i see a nhler in him for sure, and would have no problem giving him the money for our PP Qb / 4th liner play driver, or just one of our top 4 D

Reactions: themilosh

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If he cant defend in the nhl,like i said we could turn him into a "Streit"... i see a nhler in him for sure, and would have no problem giving him the money for our PP Qb / 4th liner play driver, or just one of our top 4 D

Yeah I really can't comprehend it when everyone sees a huge offensive talent and... oh he plays D.

If he can make it as a D, thats great. But why waste such a talent by not converting them to W if the D part is what keeps them from being impactful NHLers?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Yeah I really can't comprehend it when everyone sees a huge offensive talent and... oh he plays D.

If he can make it as a D, thats great. But why waste such a talent by not converting them to W if the D part is what keeps them from being impactful NHLers?
Because he's a dman. What's the point of even discussing this? Hutson is epic and he'll make the NHL as a dman and will be impactful.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020

If he can make it as a D, thats great. But why waste such a talent by not converting them to W if the D part is what keeps them from being impactful

Because he's a dman. What's the point of even discussing this? Hutson is epic and he'll make the NHL as a dman and will be impactful.

Yes absolutly, just put him on the 4th line

Not a sure thing he will be a defender in this league, he have some work to put on to be at least a good defender from what ive read, if he cant defend or play physical...

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

And if he'd be more impactful/successful as a forward?

Im not targetting Hutson specifically - time will tell - bit it's bizarre how stuck up we are with the position of players. We're not talking G to F or F to G or even W to D which would be a more difficult transition.

Not a sure thing he will be a defender in this league, he have some work to put on to be at least a good defender from what ive read, if he cant defend or play physical...

4th line? He seems like he would have the tools to easily be a top 6 forward.

But then again, if they believe he can do it on D, we need more of those :D

And just to be clead, Im not knocking on Hutson. Im excited to have such a prospect in the organization! I hope he tears the NHL apart.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
And if he'd be more impactful/successful as a forward?

Im not targetting Hutson specifically - time will tell - bit it's bizarre how stuck up we are with the position of players. We're not talking G to F or F to G or even W to D which would be a more difficult transition.

4th line? He seems like he would have the tools to easily be a top 6 forward.

But then again, if they believe he can do it on D, we need more of those :D

And just to be clead, Im not knocking on Hutson. Im excited to have such a prospect in the organization! I hope he tears the NHL apart.
The skillset he has at the point is different than something a winger or center would need/have.

His vision at the point and the way he can be shifty from a standstill is deadly from the blue line in the offensive zone.

His straight line speed and shot would hamper him in being a forward

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
So annoying everytime the forward conversion comment comes up.

Hutson is special because of what he does from the back-end. You move him up front and you are taking away a lot of elements that make Hutson who he is.
Exactly, We've never had a player/prospect man the point like him since I watched markov play. Unlike Markov tho Hutson actually beats his man athletically and activates down low when he has space to do so. So many tools and so deceptive in the O-zone. Not saying he's gonna be as good as le General but we've definitely never seen so much creativity at the point in a player/prospect in a long long time

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
“Winger” comment was just a joke. … based on an earlier comment that was also a joke (I think). He’s D. He’ll be developed as a D. Let’s revisit in 3 years if he’s still not in the NHL.

Read where? Hopefully not this thread, because there’s been some doozies here lately. See backward crossover topic. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad