Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
People are starting to underrate Slafkovsky…

Crazy to me.
KK and Galchenyuk both had much better 18yo season than Slaf did so there's legitimate concern. Plus they didn't receive multiple concussion threatening hits with their head down. I'd also claim KK had equal even more balance than Slaf while being 35pounds lighter. Can't knock it all on the kid tho, imo he just wasn't ready for the big league like 99% of 18yo.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
I am not calling Slaf a bust, but he showed nothing this year to cast away doubts. He was not ready for the NHL, should have been allowed to dominate in the OHL. HuGo made many good decisions, but to pick him was a doubtful one, and on top of it graduate him in the NHL at 18 was a bad one.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I am not calling Slaf a bust, but he showed nothing this year to cast away doubts. He was not ready for the NHL, should have been allowed to dominate in the OHL. HuGo made many good decisions, but to pick him was a doubtful one, and on top of it graduate him in the NHL at 18 was a bad one.

He showed that he can easily play on a top 6, great shot, great hands, great two-way ability for a 18 years old, great passing ability.

Picking him at 1st overall, it's a great decision, because he is a unique prospect, high offensive talent, combine with his potential two-way ability and size... he can develop into a real beast, he can do anything on ice!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
To have someone who can change the momentum see the game himself didn't have a price for a morale boost; you always believe you can achieve something with that kind of guy on your team. The saddest part, Caufield and/or Hutson are that kind of guy who misses in a prime Price ERA to win something; an offensive threat, The happy part, we can build a team around these guys something we don't have in the Price years.

The duo Caufield-Hutson in PP would be something to see, a Markov-Kovalev 2.0 with more fire power! I can't wait to see them playing together. Can you imagine if this two guys got drafted by Edmonton with a PP of McDavid-Draisatl-Caufield and Hutson something similar to Gretzky-Messier-Kurri and Coffey in some way! With Broberg and Kulak is not the same thing ....
Hutson meandering around the O-zone will screw up opposing D structures and, more than likely, regularly free up Caufield for a one-timer. With Hutson seeing the ice so well, that sniper will be extremely dangerous...

Reactions: SlafySZN

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He showed that he can easily play on a top 6, great shot, great hands, great two-way ability for a 18 years old, great passing ability.

Picking him at 1st overall, it's a great decision, because he is a unique prospect, high offensive talent, combine with his potential two-way ability and size... he can develop into a real beast, he can do anything on ice!
Slafkovsky's ability to block shots as the season wore on was something I wasn't really expecting from him, but there is also many more things I am looking to seeing that I haven't seen yet; ability to play with his head up and be a wall when someone tries to take him out, consistent use of his shot, physical dominance over smaller opponents.

We saw flashes of what Slafkovsky might be able to do one day and he is a better than average playmaker throughout it allele but he needs to grow in confidence.

I found he was SOFF, to a degree, after he got suspended for the borderline check he laid out earlier in the season.

I would like him to stay tough physically, even if he gets suspended again -- it will let opponents think that he plays with a chip on his shoulder and make them think more when he is on the ice. Hesitation can only affect their games in a way that plays into pur hands...

Reactions: viceroy

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
1679251063152.png

Just gonna leave this here.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Hutson may not have the strongest shot, but, not unlike his playmaking ability, he is able to fond lanes to get the puck on net and that is often much better because it creates bounces and rebound opportunities rather than kill offensive plays if the snapshot rifles past the net, ricochets off the boards and hightails it back to your own end...

Subban, for example, IMO, was more efficient during the Spring of Halak, playing alongside Hal Gill and using wrist shots to get the puck on net, as he was when he won his Norris trophy, more efficient than when he became the howitzer, telegraphed wind-up, Subbanator!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
So, Lane clinches the hockey east title, leads his team in scoring, ties/breaks Brian Leetch's U19 record, and we're talking about how great Slaf is at blocking shots.

JFC this place sometimes lol.
Okay. Trouble synthesizing thoughts any? Reading comprehension somewhat stunted? Or, just an asshole when you want?

I've covered plenty about Hutson and was expanding on another post.

Thanks for presenting yourself as the thought police and determining what is proper to post.

You complete me....

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Yes. Because of one less game, it will be a new record.

It won't be a record since Hutson still has at least 1 more game to play. If he gets eliminated next game and doesn't score a point, he will finish the season with the same stats as Leech.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

That ice time is ridiculous. Really.

I saw something this week about where Hutson would have gone in a redraft and a pundit suggested top 15 (wish I had kept the reference). That would be an interesting exercise, just to gauge the variances.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I saw something this week about where Hutson would have gone in a redraft and a pundit suggested top 15 (wish I had kept the reference). That would be an interesting exercise, just to gauge the variances.
It was an interview by Mathias brunet with Vincent lecavalier. Brunet didn’t specifically asked about Hutson but about the habs prospects in general and Vinny brought up Hutson right off the bat saying if the draft was held today he would be too 15. He also said that habs scout loved him all along and wanted him much higher up but had a hard time selling it as they had no comparables.

Someone already predicted if he goes back next year to BU he will surpass 60 pts due to the 2-3 top forwards joining BU next season. They are getting the top scorer and the third top scorer from the USHL.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Someone already predicted if he goes back next year to BU he will surpass 60 pts due to the 2-3 top forwards joining BU next season. They are getting the top scorer and the third top scorer from the USHL.

They could end up losing several seniors though.
Brown, O'Brien, and Skoog were 3 of the 5 scorers among forwards on the team and they are likely gone

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Hutson meandering around the O-zone will screw up opposing D structures and, more than likely, regularly free up Caufield for a one-timer. With Hutson seeing the ice so well, that sniper will be extremely dangerous...
Hutson will get aboslutely overwhelmed in his own end without more experience and mass.

See also Hughes, Quinn - and how our tough but imperfect SC finals team dominated Vancouver and QH in particular that season.

However, Hutson looks like an unstoppable force of nature on the attack :)

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad