Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CBJ] Joonas Korpisalo and Vladislav Gavrikov for Jonathan Quick, 2023 1st Round Pick (Cond) & 2024 3rd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also.....

11 pages and not a single mention of the last trades that Columbus made with LA and how those worked out....
That would be cute if Korpi does go on another tear like the 5OT game. Still wouldn't make this Quick thing right, tho.

Cape

Dec 31, 2019
Finland
It's debateable they got a good goalie, and they traded a 1st for mediocre rentals AND pissed off the locker room and a franchise legend in the process

Rob Blake has to do something to self immolate his image once a decade I guess

f***ing
I guess Korpisalo is never not injured because he has had like 20 games in his career when he has not been ass
Well i quess youre right when you think you lost to Pens 2016 because you traded the legend of Brooks Laich.

• Haha
Reactions: ltpato

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Unless Quick Jeff Cartered a bunch of hockey wives in the last couple of years I could see this kind of move honestly sinking the Kings. They're human beings and a gut punch from management like that could easily demoralize them going into the playoffs. Reminds me of when the caps traded Brooks Laich for Daniel Winnik in 2016 when they looked like an absolute machine going into the playoffs. Proper move on paper but you could see the air let out of the room after with the caps unceremoniously folding to the Penguins. And Quick meant a lot more to the Kings than Brooks Laich ever did to us
I have nothing to add except to say bravo for using Jeff Carter as a verb. lol

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Who gives a f*** about Quicks feeling? This is a business and he was going to retire anyways.
Maybe, but it’s also a team that’s 2nd in the division and poised to make the playoffs. This undoubtedly ****s with morale.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
His (now former) teammates
He was so pissed at the kings but is flying back with them?

Most of the time traded players fly back separately For a variety of reasons.

Im waiting on some other reporters to confirm that locker room stuff. Because if its true its going to get confirmed fairly quickly

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Maybe, but it’s also a team that’s 2nd in the division and poised to make the playoffs. This undoubtedly ****s with morale.
To be completely fair, do anyone besides Kopitar and Doughty really care other than losing a teammate? Everyone else is here to win, the trade makes them better.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
The defending champs just let their cup winning goalie walk, genius. Who's your team who kept their cup winning goalie forever and ever?
He didn’t carry us to the cup like Quick did to their cup wins. He was serviceable at best, and I’m saying this as a diehard fan.

Not even a close comparison. Nice try tho.

Patrick Roy won us 2 cups and retired an Avalanche goalie. The only reason we even got him is a trade that has been scrutinized for decades.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
To be completely fair, do anyone besides Kopitar and Doughty really care other than losing a teammate? Everyone else is here to win, the trade makes them better.
Exactly, I'm sure they are happy they have a legit goalie now. They can miss their buddy at the same time and neither feeling would be wrong.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I agree, the trade makes them better. Hard to really tell the impact on everyone else from our end, but from the reports - it does sound like the players are feeling it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad