Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CBJ] Joonas Korpisalo and Vladislav Gavrikov for Jonathan Quick, 2023 1st Round Pick (Cond) & 2024 3rd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Unless Quick Jeff Cartered a bunch of hockey wives in the last couple of years I could see this kind of move honestly sinking the Kings. They're human beings and a gut punch from management like that could easily demoralize them going into the playoffs. Reminds me of when the caps traded Brooks Laich for Daniel Winnik in 2016 when they looked like an absolute machine going into the playoffs. Proper move on paper but you could see the air let out of the room after with the caps unceremoniously folding to the Penguins. And Quick meant a lot more to the Kings than Brooks Laich ever did to us

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Come on. Quick's farewell tour can't prevent you from making a move to improve your team in a wide open West. He wasn't playing good enough to stay. He will get over it.
Still a shitty way to treat him and very classless. If I was running things the goalie would have been addressed in the offseason or you carry three.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Did #21 SJ just crosscheck Matheson in the back of the head?
broooo
pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if Quick stays in Columbus or if he gets moved to a contender like Vegas, or depending on what's up with Murray maybe Toronto

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Yes, when he has been injured. Should King’s go to the playoffs with Quick because of his great career.Not much done lately.

I guess Korpisalo is never not injured because he has had like 20 games in his career when he has not been ass

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He has some 500k in salary left for the season. Hard to know if he would give that away.

Could Columbus allow him not to report and still get paid? Most likely not, I doubt Jarmo has that much credit left.
I think then we'd be getting screamed at for cap circumvention practices. Unless the NHL and NHLPA still have souls.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Every single move he's made since acquiring Phillip Danault has pointed towards that he thinks Kings are cup contenders though?
i think arvidsson and fiala were equally "bridge stability" moves as they were competitive moves

arvidsson if the team flopped was sheddable as a rental, and fiala/danault is long term stability through a potential rebuild with wiggle room for byfield's growth

if this team made it to the 2nd round this season, i think this is a move you make next deadline. this one? not unless you're pulling gavrikov long-term too

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I've been preaching it all season. At least give him game 1. But now that ship has sailed
quick elevates his play in the playoffs. When he’s in the zone, there aren’t many other goalies I’d pick over him. He’s that good.

Korps hasn’t proved anything to be thought of as a legit starter. He’s been terrible for most of his career and hes not exactly that young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad