Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CBJ] Joonas Korpisalo and Vladislav Gavrikov for Jonathan Quick, 2023 1st Round Pick (Cond) & 2024 3rd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol what did Kings fans expect. They needed a goalie got a good one and a dman for a great deal.

Quick had bad numbers all around. It was either waive him or trade him. He should retire, that's on him.

Reactions: Fripp

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This one makes me sick to my stomach. I have no words
I'm torn. On the one hand, you specifically were kicking us while we were down, spreading made up bullshit, and generally being egregiously hostile to our entire fanbase not two days ago.

But on the other hand, there is no question whatsoever that Quick 100% deserves to retire with the Kings, that he deserves better than getting shipped off for cap shenanigans, and there are countless decent and awesome Kings fans out there who don't deserve that kind of gutpunch and did nothing to earn this heartache.

I don't care for it, in the end. I'm hoping the reports are false, but the followups make that seem unlikely. I kind of don't want him in union blue; have him on the books because that's what the accountants want, but g-ddamnit he's a LA King. We can steward him but it's not right for him to be here.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
This season's first and a franchise legend for rentals and pissing off the locker room
f***ing unreal
I don't even have the words, that's f***ing BRUTAL.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a collapse at this point and cough up a high first to columbus

They won
As one of the most respected Posters from HF Kings, I feel for you & the rest of the LA fans. Not the way to treat a legendary player.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lol what did Kings fans expect. They needed a goalie got a good one and a dman for a great deal.

Quick had bad numbers all around. It was either waive him or trade him. He should retire, that's on him.

It's debateable they got a good goalie, and they traded a 1st for mediocre rentals AND pissed off the locker room and a franchise legend in the process

Rob Blake has to do something to self immolate his image once a decade I guess

f***ing trash

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Man…Don’t some (abused) fans just bend over backwards to defend their inept ownership or management?

“Look how good Jarmo is…He got us Bedard!”
Did you miss the part when we had to tear down and retool only to have to tear down further and start a rebuild for youth and prospects the last 2 years (meaning 20/21-21/22)? We overachieved last season when we were labeled as a lottery team and then this season they are almost immediately plagued by key injuries when the season started. The team is heading in the right direction, it's just going to take time. I don't think we're getting Bedard but I do think this is going to be another huge off-season for the CBJ. I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Jackets go hard after Chychrun now. That D needs reinforcing and adding Chychrun this year, a healthy Z, Boqvist and Jiricek next year and that defense could be playing completely different. The Jackets defense is currently barely the AHL equivalent of that, with Gudbranson eating minutes. They wanted him as a 4/5/6, not a 1/2/3.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Korpisalo has had an awful career
Yeah, for some reason people are acting like he hasn’t.

And I’m not taking anything away from how he’s played this year, but he’s been bad more years than he’s been good and with the exception this year and his rookie year 7 years ago when Bob was having a bad season, he’s been outplayed by the other goalie on his team for 5 of his 7 seasons in the league.

It looks more like he’s just a bad goalie having an up season, kind of like when good goalies have a down season.

But I know another goalie that had an up season last year……. Jonathan Quick himself. Quick has been bad since 18-19 (and usually outplayed by the other goalie on his team since then) with the exception of last year.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
It's debateable they got a good goalie, and they traded a 1st for mediocre rentals AND pissed off the locker room and a franchise legend in the process

Rob Blake has to do something to self immolate his image once a decade I guess

f***ing trash
Compared to what all other teams are trading right now, this isn't a steal? Lol ok.

Reactions: Fripp and Cape

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
After stepping up and signing Danault when it seemed like he might go to Vegas and now not being afraid to give a first for Fiala, and this trade it seems like he's giving his team a win now direction.......

Gotta give Blake credit for that....

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, for some reason people are acting like he hasn’t.

And I’m not taking anything away from how he’s played this year, but he’s been bad more years than he’s been good and with the exception this year and his rookie year 7 years ago when Bob was having a bad season, he’s been outplayed by the other goalie on his team for 5 of his 7 seasons in the league.

It looks more like he’s just a bad goalie having an up season, kind of like when good goalies have a down season.

But I know another goalie that had an up season last year……. Jonathan Quick himself. Quick has been bad since 18-19 (and usually outplayed by the other goalie on his team since then) with the exception of last year.
He's a pending UFA though, they just need a goalie who can go 4-2 in his starts as a backup and not 1-5, which Korpisalo has the ability to do this year. If there was term attached to him I'd like it less.

Reactions: Bleedred

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
that would tell me nothing more than "rob blake is delusional and thinks this team can compete for a cup this season"
Every single move he's made since acquiring Phillip Danault has pointed towards that he thinks Kings are cup contenders though?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm torn. On the one hand, you specifically were kicking us while we were down, spreading made up bullshit, and generally being egregiously hostile to our entire fanbase not two days ago.

But on the other hand, there is no question whatsoever that Quick 100% deserves to retire with the Kings, that he deserves better than getting shipped off for cap shenanigans, and there are countless decent and awesome Kings fans out there who don't deserve that kind of gutpunch and did nothing to earn this heartache.

I don't care for it, in the end. I'm hoping the reports are false, but the followups make that seem unlikely. I kind of don't want him in union blue; have him on the books because that's what the accountants want, but g-ddamnit he's a LA King. We can steward him but it's not right for him to be here.
lol I was waiting to eat shit on this one. Ya'll are gunna do what Blake couldn't now, get Chychrun.

I honestly hope this team (LA) loses 10-0 every game for the rest of the season.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
This is the kimd of trade that ahoyld have been made before the season even started. Give the new group time to gel amd become a cohesive unit.

Reactions: David Lunch

Noldo

May 28, 2007
Possibility he retires on the spot?
He has some 500k in salary left for the season. Hard to know if he would give that away.

Could Columbus allow him not to report and still get paid? Most likely not, I doubt Jarmo has that much credit left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad