Speculation: Laine on the move again? (Mod warning OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stay on topic or you will be excused from this thread I don’t care what fanbase your from. Discuss potential trade offers for Laine and nothing else. My patience has run out, tired of deleting OT posts & baiting posts.

Reactions: Nate070

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Id love Laine on the Devils but I don't see what could be dealt that would work for both teams.
Devils have no available C.
Nico - signed for 8 years, just named captain. No way i can see the Devils offer him up.
Hughes - Has not reached potential yet. He is generating tons of offence. I cannot see the Devils moving him now. I view this as an overpayment.
Zacha - not a good enough piece as a main piece. Best C we have that we could offer.

2021 1st (Devils) , 2021 1st (islanders), Foote , Zacha ?
That’s a massive overpay. Laine having a bad year and needs a new contract at the end of it. Isles 1st, Boqvist, Foote is Max I’d go. Anything else isn’t worth it

Reactions: dls

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
With CBJ not making the playoffs. There's little to no reason to move Laine.

Doesnt take a genius to figure this out, but it does take a moron to think he will be traded for low ball offers. Jarmo just got a 1st+ for Savard, Foligno got 1st+ and people think Laine is going to be traded for less? smh

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The ask must be astronomical, or he's off the table. Dubas should have picked him up to play with Am34

Reactions: CBJx614

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Thats a decent offer for a 7.5million player that playes like 3million kidd

Thing with Laine is though that I'm nearly not ready to write him off just yet, and I think no GM is either. He is just as likely to return back to 40 goal form next season as he is to continue regressing. He is a mystery box at the moment.

Reactions: pictman and Stubu

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

That seems like kind of an overpayment for where Laine is at right now. Underpayment for what he was traded for a few weeks ago, though. I'd probably ask for Devils 2022 1st instead of Islanders pick and that would potentially be worth for two lottery picks

dls

Jan 20, 2009
Id love Laine on the Devils but I don't see what could be dealt that would work for both teams.
Devils have no available C.
Nico - signed for 8 years, just named captain. No way i can see the Devils offer him up.
Hughes - Has not reached potential yet. He is generating tons of offence. I cannot see the Devils moving him now. I view this as an overpayment.
Zacha - not a good enough piece as a main piece. Best C we have that we could offer.

no way I would be supportive of the devils essentially giving up 4 1'st round picks for a one dimensional (yes very good) sniping scorer.

2021 1st devils off the table and then a package of any 2 of the remaining assets with fringe fillers would be max I would be willing to go.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Tortz contract is up at the end of the year. The Blue Jackets need to see how he reacts with a different system before making a decision

How many years does Laine have until UFA? Is the expectation that he'll get some sort of bridge this offseason?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
His qualifying offer is 7.5M and he hasn't been playing like that this season in Columbus. I don't think him and Torts are a good match. One should go (Torts) but if they keep Torts they should trade Laine before Torts kills his value further.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Laine has an early birthday April 19th so he'll be turning 23 here. So he should've 4 more years until he's a UFA.

He has two years left via CBA, plus he has arb rights this summer. So in theory he could force himself to UFA in two years if he choose to do it and CBJ couldnt stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad