Speculation: Laine on the move again? (Mod warning OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I’m just sick of the Oilers having no depth, but your probably right.

If RNH was signed for a bargain longterm it is a different story, but Laine needing 7,5M+ extension and Jones beeing UFA in 2022 and probably need 8M+ . Thats like 15,5M minimum against Drais 8,5M. I dont think you have the assets to do a deal for Laine without crippling the C-depth and its not worth it.

zar

Bleed Blue
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If RNH was signed for a bargain longterm it is a different story, but Laine needing 7,5M+ extension and Jones beeing UFA in 2022 and probably need 8M+ . Thats like 15,5M minimum against Drais 8,5M. I dont think you have the assets to do a deal for Laine without crippling the C-depth and its not worth it.
Yup. We have to wait out the Neal (Lucic), Koskinen, Russell, Chiasson and Kassian contracts.
If Chiarelli ever gets an NHL GM job again that owner needs an “evaluation”.

Reactions: jonlin

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Colorado should swoop in, he’s great friends with Rantanen, and he and MacK could ruin their hockey careers and really commit to Fortnite

I just don't understand how any team could take a chance on Laine right now.... I mean... what we have seen so far. He is un coachable/attitude.... can't play a 2 way game... has a pretty crap goals record vs the hype/what he is paid... Too the people saying that the Leaf's should take a chance, LOL! I would rather Nylander any day... let alone our superstar Matthews! 'which some people we're saying to pick Laine over him lol!!' yeah, at the end of the day, I would say it is a hard pass, unless I was paying low/huge salary retention. But even then, I still wouldn't want that attitude in my locker room.. no wonder why he is being passed around like a.... never mind! =)

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I just don't understand how any team could take a chance on Laine right now.... I mean... what we have seen so far. He is un coachable/attitude.... can't play a 2 way game... has a pretty crap goals record vs the hype/what he is paid... Too the people saying that the Leaf's should take a chance, LOL! I would rather Nylander any day... let alone our superstar Matthews! 'which some people we're saying to pick Laine over him lol!!' yeah, at the end of the day, I would say it is a hard pass, unless I was paying low/huge salary retention. But even then, I still wouldn't want that attitude in my locker room.. no wonder why he is being passed around like a.... never mind! =)

laine is a nuclear risk at this point and he's scoring at something like 2G, 3A his last 23 games, so what's that worth to another GM? there were warning signs long before he got to columbus

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Laine in Cbus was just a stop in the road for him...there is no way that he will be in Cbus for the long term...

will be interesting to see what Jarmo does as he is RFA upcoming...

my guess is that Jarmo dealt for him knowing full well he will be flipping him at the Trade deadline or off season...have to wonder what kind of a return Liane would fetch tomorrow...

or hoping to get Barkov to Florida. Last summer I suggested that Florida should acquire Laine to form a strong first line. Back then most people in Finland were saying that noway. Many people suggested that Barkov walks when he's UFA and will end up probably in Columbus. I was wondering why would a player want to move to Ohio when he can live in Florida. When Columbus traded Dubois for Laine, this discussion continued and people suggested that Barkov follows Laine to Columbus, which was totally silly. I said that would Laine prefer to drive his Lamborgini and play golf in cold Columbus or warm Florida. Honestly I think that even Kekäläinen might have been thinking that they might have a chance to get Barkov if Florida plays a terrible season and Laine scores a lot of goals. Now the situation is totally opposite. I agree with other writers that Columbus wants a center for Laine. They don't trade him if the return is not significant. Otherwise Kekäläinen might lose his job.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
or hoping to get Barkov to Florida. Last summer I suggested that Florida should acquire Laine to form a strong first line. Back then most people in Finland were saying that noway. Many people suggested that Barkov walks when he's UFA and will end up probably in Columbus. I was wondering why would a player want to move to Ohio when he can live in Florida. When Columbus traded Dubois for Laine, this discussion continued and people suggested that Barkov follows Laine to Columbus, which was totally silly. I said that would Laine prefer to drive his Lamborgini and play golf in cold Columbus or warm Florida. Honestly I think that even Kekäläinen might have been thinking that they might have a chance to get Barkov if Florida plays a terrible season and Laine scores a lot of goals. Now the situation is totally opposite. I agree with other writers that Columbus wants a center for Laine. They don't trade him if the return is not significant. Otherwise Kekäläinen might lose his job.
Finland is cold. Ohio is nothing for fins

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
who the heck owns cbj ? jarmo butchered the team 2 years ago when he could have got 1st for bobby and panarin , while also wasted assets for duchene and nyquist .when it was obvious trying to get out of the east that season was impossible against like tbay-wash-pitt-bos . then he blew the anderson/domi trade . the laine trade . and originallythe torts hiring . you poor cbj fans

Wasn't that the same year they swept the TBL?:huh:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Colorado - Columbus

COL:

-Patrik Laine 6.75M RFA 2021

CBJ:

-Burakovsky 4,9M UFA 2022
-Newhook 0.9M RFA 2023

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado - Columbus

COL:

-Patrik Laine 6.75M RFA 2021

CBJ:

-Burakovsky 4,9M UFA 2022
-Newhook 0.9M RFA 2023

Colorado's entire system is based on speed, more speed, and then some more speed and domination 5v5. Laine is the complete opposite of that. There probably isn't a worse fit for him out there. And they aren't trading their in-house solution to #2C spot when they let Kadri walk.

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
Laine to the Devils for the first pick(NyIslanders) Nick Merkley and Reilly Walsh or Jesper Boqvist.. its a steep price and Blue Jackets lost Savard to Tampa. They ask for a D and FW prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad