Speculation: Laine on the move again? (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
So they let Torts tank his value and then trade him for pennies on the dollar? Would be terrible asset management

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What are the implications of trading between the US and Canada? Just a two week quarantine?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
who the heck owns cbj ? jarmo butchered the team 2 years ago when he could have got 1st for bobby and panarin , while also wasted assets for duchene and nyquist .when it was obvious trying to get out of the east that season was impossible against like tbay-wash-pitt-bos . then he blew the anderson/domi trade . the laine trade . and originallythe torts hiring . you poor cbj fans

I think their owner is in steel production or something like that.

Either way, Jarmo went all in. I voted him worst gm in the league but that move was the right call to make.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I think their owner is in steel production or something like that.

Either way, Jarmo went all in. I voted him worst gm in the league but that move was the right call to make.
for me the competition in the east that year was way too stiff . i had like 4 teams rated better than cbj . then there was all the futures he could have gotten for panarin and bobby when he knew they werent re-signing and it just made me totally against his logic

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I don't care what it takes as long as Kotkaniemi isn't involved. I want MTL on this so badly.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
for me the competition in the east that year was way too stiff . i had like 4 teams rated better than cbj . then there was all the futures he could have gotten for panarin and bobby when he knew they werent re-signing and it just made me totally against his logic

It gave a long suffering city hope, that alone was worth it. It sent the message that Columbus is a city to win in, that's irreplaceable

Reactions: Viqsi and CBJx614

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I’m a Florida fan: I would love him but right now we could only do a four quarters for a dollar trade which doesn’t make sense.

I wonder if the Devils would offer up Nico/Hughes for him? That could be a decent combination actually
no we definitely would not. Laine havig a bad year on top of it. That being said def interested in him on Hughes wing, would offer Isles 1st, Jesper Boqvist, Nolan Foote

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
who the heck owns cbj ? jarmo butchered the team 2 years ago when he could have got 1st for bobby and panarin , while also wasted assets for duchene and nyquist .when it was obvious trying to get out of the east that season was impossible against like tbay-wash-pitt-bos . then he blew the anderson/domi trade . the laine trade . and originallythe torts hiring . you poor cbj fans

It gave a long suffering city hope, that alone was worth it. It sent the message that Columbus is a city to win in, that's irreplaceable
This.

Also. Way to early to say he's blown the Anderson/Domi trade as they have similar production and Domi has really come on as of late.

Also Nyquist was a FA signing, not a trade. He did waste assets on Dzingel though. But knowing Panarin and Bob leaving meant he knew it was the best chance the team would have to make any kind of noise for awhile. He showed hes not afraid to be aggressive to get this team deep in the playoffs while not completely sacrificing the future.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If they actually move him, it just goes to show how much NHL GMs actually know. Everyone on here knew that Tortorella and Laine was a match made in hell except for Jarmo apparently.

This isn't even the worst stretch of Laine's career. He was even more horrible in the second half in 2018-19. I wouldn't say this is necessarily Torts related. Just a player with a lot more growing up to do.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't care what it takes as long as Kotkaniemi isn't involved. I want MTL on this so badly.

Bam. Suzuki. Done.

A late 1st is probably what it would have been for Panarin - it's funny how it's always the same price regardless of whether the rental is an elite player or not. I don't think that's a price worth selling Panarin at. That roster was loaded for bear, people just didn't see it because there were a lot of sleepers and the team had underperformed that year. Going for it was the right move.

SuperLegitNHLInsider

My Sources are telling me that Patrik will be traded to the Leafs, 50% Retained for Joey Anderson and a 2nd.

Dubas is quoted as saying “Anderson is one of our best prospects and the Blue Jackets should be honoured that we’d trade him for such a big risk of a player like Laine”

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Yes, send him to the leafs please, so he can tell my boy Matthews how much better of a goal scorer he is and how he should have went #1 overall.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Common denominator: John tortorella

It’s probably a bit of both.
He’d probably be a good fit on the Oilers but I’m not sure I would want the Oilers to anti up for what the Jackets would want. There is no way I would include any of McDavid, Draisaitl or Nurse... maybe Draisaitl if it’s a blockbuster with Jones also in the mix.

EDIT: yeah scratch that last bit... a trade with the Oilers wouldn’t work. We don’t have a comparable piece to offer for Laine and I’m not giving Draisaitl with the possibility of Jones walking in a year.

I do think he would be a good fit with McDavid though.

also, recanted in my original comment “Then why wasn’t he more effective for the Jets this year.” I was corrected that he only played one game and had 3 points... I just recall him being in the doghouse in Winnipeg of late.

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Then why wasn’t he more effective for the Jets this year.

He’d probably be a good fit on the Oilers but I’m not sure I would want the Oilers to anti up for what the Jackets would want. There is no way I would include any of McDavid, Draisaitl or Nurse... maybe Draisaitl if it’s a blockbuster with Jones also in the mix.

There is no way you should move Drai. Even for a package of Jones+Laine. Drai at 8,5M is a more valuable asset than thoose two together.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Then why wasn’t he more effective for the Jets this year.

EDIT: yeah scratch that last bit... a trade with the Oilers wouldn’t work. We don’t have a comparable piece to offer for Laine and I’m not giving Draisaitl with the possibility of Jones walking in a year.

I do think he would be a good fit with McDavid though.

Are you gonna double back if I correct you and say that Laine only played one game for the Jets this year... and he had 3 points including the OT GWG?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Are you gonna double back if I correct you and say that Laine only played one game for the Jets this year... and he had 3 points including the OT GWG?
LOL... nope ... you right. My bad. I don’t know why I forgot that.

I just remember him being in the doghouse of late in Winnipeg too.

Reactions: SensontheRush

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Laine in Cbus was just a stop in the road for him...there is no way that he will be in Cbus for the long term...

will be interesting to see what Jarmo does as he is RFA upcoming...

my guess is that Jarmo dealt for him knowing full well he will be flipping him at the Trade deadline or off season...have to wonder what kind of a return Liane would fetch tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad